Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure I would tow it with a bronco and its to light for the side area. You will get blown all over in high winds.
I think it’s GVWR is like 4200 so isn’t it too heavy anyway?

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those who have one.. What you hauling? I'm looking at getting a camper but idk what's to haul. The tow cap is 3500. I saw a jl tuck hauling a winnebago so I know it's possible in the bronco. However I can't seem to find anything within the rating.
I don't know if a having a "camper" specifically is a requirement for you, but I personally will be doing an overlanding trailer with a pair of roof-mounted tents—one on the Bronco and one on the trailer itself.

Haven't decided on the specific trailer yet... I may ultimately build my own. But the the top three contenders at the moment:
  • Turtleback Trailers - Probably what I'll be going with.
  • Patriot Trailers - Australian company, the most popular and most feature-filled trailers for sure. BUT, expensive.
  • Off-Grid Trailers - Canadian company. Solid trailers for sure, but just didn't see one with the combination of features I'm looking for.
I also looked at teardrops, although I've basically ruled those out at this point. But since I put in all of the research for it... here were my top two choices to save you some time:
And some more traditional campers and popups that I briefly considered but ultimately ruled against:
I think you would also like the Xpedition Voyager, made in Salt Lake, Utah. Our's is supposed to be ready for delivery in a month or so. I shopped for three years before deciding on the Voyager. The Off-Grid Expedition was my winner until I saw the Voyager, it's more money but it's built like a tank, with a kitchen that no one comes close to.
Sponsored