John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I do like to have some luxuries. I've spent years growing up with the old school pickup camper. I slept on the top cabinet/bed. It sucked. Also I do have one preteen and one toddler. I was hoping for at least a bathroom of sorts. I like the bean trailer tbh. I can see running that with overhead bed space also.

Edit: sorry, that's an outstanding list by the way
He left out Conqueror
https://conqueror4x4.com/
Sponsored

bronco_billy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do you mind sharing how much it cost you all said and done? We’ve been looking in the 15-20k mark as an absolute limit to spending.. That 16ft Jayco would be a sweet little unit for my S/O and I.
NP. Used camper 16.3k, hitch 629, controller 300. All in 17,229. Good luck trying to find one of these used. It took me a long time to locate one near me. But it was worth it, as it’s perfect for our needs all the way around. Love the Jayco unit.

mini4mw

Badlands
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
do you want off road trailer or regular trailer to park at national parks, state parks, etc?

Off road you'll most likely be looking at teardrop or similar in size (small) as the heavy duty construction (suspension, wheels, side walls, hitch, etc) eats up the curb weight.

If you are looking to stay at park/campgrounds, check out rvblogger on youtube. They review (more showcase) different types of RVs with new episodes often. I've been skipping through looking at the smaller ones they show to get an idea of what the Bronco could pull. Prior to showing each trailer they provide specs such as curb weight, GVWR (max trailer weight - curb plus max packed weight). I don't have any saved or I'd share what I've seen, but there are options.

RVs dealers are getting over packed and RV manufactures have shutdown factories due to over production. Give it a few months, at least till fall and you'll start seeing some good deals unlike it has been over the past year or two. Many people purchased with extra money and then discovered its not for everyone. Taking a house on an eternal earthquake (road) means there is always something to fix. Ask me how I know..

OP
OP
PghBronco

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are a couple things I like about this set up. The hitch itself is much lighter than the normal weight distribution hitch with the bars. This thing also has sway control built into the hitch itself. Nothing additional is needed and it does a excellent job of controlling sway while cruising down the highway. As a sidenote, I use a Curt wireless brake controller that you use with a phone app. I love it, no box required under the dash or on the consol to operate the brake controller. Link below for the hitch.

https://andersenhitches.com/product/weight-distribution-hitch/
Ahh okay now I see why it's 500-600$

RDBRONCO

Outer Banks
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Last edited:

Sponsored

fazer8

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Molded fiberglass trailers are a good lightweight option if you're not doing hardcore off-roading. Some of the popular ones are Scamp, Casita, Escape. But it seems like new orders have waitlists nearly as long as the Bronco. I had a Casita for a while and it was incredibly easy towing.

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have a 2020 Bend Teardrop 5x10 and it works perfect for us. Nothing too fancy but good room inside and a simple galley that is perfect for storage and setting up our stove next to.

Dry weight of 1200 lbs leaves a lot of room for gear and we're looking to add a roof rack to it for paddleboards, kayaks, etc.

Ford Bronco What Camper are you towing? MicrosoftTeams-image

Spencer2004

Big Bend
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 big bend hard top
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I towed with another truck that recently died, have 2023 F150 on order and waiting delivery to replace. so for now i use my bronco to tow this camper. It weighs 2,780 loaded (cat scale verified) bronco does very well. Trailer is 16 feet long and doesnt sway much at all with "recurve" WDH. Drove it from NC to PA and 6 regional trips this summer and never had an issue. I did have to remind the bronco what damn gear it should be in when climbing a long grade. But once it listened it was gaining speed very well up the grade. One trip I had to drive about 5 miles with fresh water tank full (26 gallons) I could see a significant different in tongue weight and sag but for that short trip.
Ford Bronco What Camper are you towing? 20220528_084736
Ford Bronco What Camper are you towing? 20220528_191757

Sponsored

Jaguilera

Outer Banks
First Name
juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco outerbanks squatch, 89 montero, 89 rx7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just picked up this Sol Dawn Rover. Roughly 3000 lbs and about 300 hitch weight. The Electric hitch comes very close to hitting the spare, so might switch it out for a manual. Drove it back home roughly 300 miles, hit 80 a few times with my 2.3 engine with manual transmission, 6th gear is a no go and I had to keep it in 5th most of the time but other than that was trouble free.
Ford Bronco What Camper are you towing? Screenshot 2022-10-07 at 5.00.22 PM

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just picked up this Sol Dawn Rover. Roughly 3000 lbs and about 300 hitch weight. The Electric hitch comes very close to hitting the spare, so might switch it out for a manual. Drove it back home roughly 300 miles, hit 80 a few times with my 2.3 engine with manual transmission, 6th gear is a no go and I had to keep it in 5th most of the time but other than that was trouble free.
Ford Bronco What Camper are you towing? Screenshot 2022-10-07 at 5.00.22 PM
Weight distributing bars? Front end of bronco is looking light. Looks like more then 300 on tongue.

Jaguilera

Outer Banks
First Name
juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco outerbanks squatch, 89 montero, 89 rx7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
they weighed it at the rv dealership, weight distribution hitch is definitely something I'm considering. I'm on Eibach coilovers maybe thats why?

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
they weighed it at the rv dealership, weight distribution hitch is definitely something I'm considering. I'm on Eibach coilovers maybe thats why?
The recommended tounge weight only applies to factory suspension without a leveling kit. If that tounge weight is actually 300lbs and the Bronco is squatting that much your adjusted max tounge weight is probably more in the low 200 range taking into account your mod's. I personally wouldn't tow that without a WD/AS hitch.
Sponsored