Sponsored

What can I do with those uncomfortable seats......

Arnold1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a almost fully loaded non Sas OBX. One thing I have not ordered are the leather seats, since my wife dosen't like leather seats. My biggest issue with those seats is that no matter what I try to adjust the seat, it is impossible to find a decent position. The driver seat is so uncomfortable that I can't seat longer than 30 minutes in there and even during these 30 minutes it is pretty bad. Any Idea what I can do with the seats to find a decent position? I thought about selling the Bronco because neither my wife nor myself feel comfortable in those seats but I really want to make it work. If the market would have been like few month ago, probably I would have sold it but the market has changed and the prices are in free fall.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Buy seats from a Volvo XC90, best on the planet, although true leather. What don't you like about leather sears? Truly in a vehicle like this actual leather only covers about 20% of the seat. In a BMW or VW the only real leather is on steering wheel and shifter, the rest is excellent but fake

Sponsored

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sell the Bronco.

CashOfLegend

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2009 Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Buy seats from a Volvo XC90, best on the planet, although true leather. What don't you like about leather sears? Truly in a vehicle like this actual leather only covers about 20% of the seat. In a BMW or VW the only real leather is on steering wheel and shifter, the rest is excellent but fake
1. 100% agree on the Volvo seats. OMG are those things comfy.
2. Both BMW and VW have full leather packages of real leather (I used to work in the factory that made them and I launched the X6 with the full leather.) Most are just a very high quality vinyl, but real leather is available. Personally of the BMW stuff, I would stick with the leatherette vinyl. That stuff is nice.

OP
OP

Arnold1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I actually own a Volov S90 which has the same seats as the XC90 and agree with you, best seats ever. I used to drive from LA to San Francisco and back several times per month and those seats made the rides so comfortable. There are several problem with swapping the seats: 1. Cost: Those Volvo seats are super expensive 2. issues with the Airbag: The seats are aligned with the airbag system in the vehicle and when you swap the seats can mess with the airbags 3. The look: It would look odd to have 2 not color matched leather seats in the vehicle.

If seat swap would not mess with the airbag system, I would swap the seats with the maverick seats. I have a Maverick and those seats are really great, no issues at all. Even the Color of the XLT seats would match well with the Blue interior of the OBX. Does anyone know about the airbags when swapping seats?

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP

Arnold1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe something like this would help, it’s worth a shot. I don’t have any personal experience, but always heard good things about them in the Tacoma community.

https://desertdoesit.com/products/a...-2022-ford-bronco?_pos=2&_sid=c72af7ae5&_ss=r
Thanks, I saw that. The only hesitation I have is how much it messes with the airbag system. They say several times in their instruction and on their homepage that they don't take responsibility for anything happens to you when you use these parts. I still might give it a shot.

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a almost fully loaded non Sas OBX. One thing I have not ordered are the leather seats, since my wife dosen't like leather seats. My biggest issue with those seats is that no matter what I try to adjust the seat, it is impossible to find a decent position. The driver seat is so uncomfortable that I can't seat longer than 30 minutes in there and even during these 30 minutes it is pretty bad. Any Idea what I can do with the seats to find a decent position? I thought about selling the Bronco because neither my wife nor myself feel comfortable in those seats but I really want to make it work. If the market would have been like few month ago, probably I would have sold it but the market has changed and the prices are in free fall.
That stinks, but not sure the prices are in free-fall. I was curious as to what companies like CarMax and Carvana would offer - Carvana offered me 11.5k more than I bought out the door. Was much more than I expected from a dealer. I have a Black Diamond 2.7, Mid, 4dr

OP
OP

Arnold1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That stinks, but not sure the prices are in free-fall. I was curious as to what companies like CarMax and Carvana would offer - Carvana offered me 11.5k more than I bought out the door. Was much more than I expected from a dealer. I have a Black Diamond 2.7, Mid, 4dr
I don't know how long ago you got your offer but I had mine just appraised one week ago. Mine is an OBX with Lux package, hardtop and few other options. My Bronco is 2 weeks old and has less than 100miles. All the usual suspects (carvana, Vroom, carmax, autonation etc.) sent me a lowball quote. Problem with many of the online places is that they don't even ask for the options you have. Vroom offered 18k below my out of door price (and I paid MSRP). Carmax had the highest offer but when I go with their offer I would loose my tax and license. If I had an offer like yours, I would sell it right away.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you are that uncomfortable, best bet is to trade or sell it and move on to something else. Some vehicles fit people better than others. So many different seats, materials, differences in telescoping steering, height adjustment, etc., etc. I have had vehicles that I have been that uncomfortable and have done extensive mods to them. Custom spacers to raise the seats. Even installed custom machined spacers, adapters to move the steering wheel out- and for vehicles with airbags too. It's a lot of work and only works if you really know what you are doing.
Sponsored