Sponsored

What can I do with those uncomfortable seats......

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you are that uncomfortable, best bet is to trade or sell it and move on to something else. Some vehicles fit people better than others. So many different seats, materials, differences in telescoping steering, height adjustment, etc., etc. I have had vehicles that I have been that uncomfortable and have done extensive mods to them. Custom spacers to raise the seats. Even installed custom machined spacers, adapters to move the steering wheel out- and for vehicles with airbags too. It's a lot of work and only works if you really know what you are doing.
My Bronco steering wheel moves in and out as well as up and down. Would guess not every package has that.
Sponsored

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know how long ago you got your offer but I had mine just appraised one week ago. Mine is an OBX with Lux package, hardtop and few other options. My Bronco is 2 weeks old and has less than 100miles. All the usual suspects (carvana, Vroom, carmax, autonation etc.) sent me a lowball quote. Problem with many of the online places is that they don't even ask for the options you have. Vroom offered 18k below my out of door price (and I paid MSRP). Carmax had the highest offer but when I go with their offer I would loose my tax and license. If I had an offer like yours, I would sell it right away.
My offer expires on Sunday, so a few weeks ago. 1800 miles. Strange that yours was so low (or mine was so high).

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know how long ago you got your offer but I had mine just appraised one week ago. Mine is an OBX with Lux package, hardtop and few other options. My Bronco is 2 weeks old and has less than 100miles. All the usual suspects (carvana, Vroom, carmax, autonation etc.) sent me a lowball quote. Problem with many of the online places is that they don't even ask for the options you have. Vroom offered 18k below my out of door price (and I paid MSRP). Carmax had the highest offer but when I go with their offer I would loose my tax and license. If I had an offer like yours, I would sell it right away.
It just expired - I resubmitted and it's dropped 2k, so still 9.5k more than out the door.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a almost fully loaded non Sas OBX. One thing I have not ordered are the leather seats, since my wife dosen't like leather seats. My biggest issue with those seats is that no matter what I try to adjust the seat, it is impossible to find a decent position. The driver seat is so uncomfortable that I can't seat longer than 30 minutes in there and even during these 30 minutes it is pretty bad. Any Idea what I can do with the seats to find a decent position? I thought about selling the Bronco because neither my wife nor myself feel comfortable in those seats but I really want to make it work. If the market would have been like few month ago, probably I would have sold it but the market has changed and the prices are in free fall.
Where do you see prices in free fall? You know free fall means rapidly declining…. I haven’t seen any signs of that.
Sorry you don’t like the seats. I’ve heard nothing but praise for their comfort. I’m curious if you can drive another Bronco near you to make sure nothing is actually wrong with yours? You can always talk with an auto reupholsterer to see what they can do to add or change foam to something more to you and your wife’s liking.

OP
OP

Arnold1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Where do you see prices in free fall? You know free fall means rapidly declining…. I haven’t seen any signs of that.
Sorry you don’t like the seats. I’ve heard nothing but praise for their comfort. I’m curious if you can drive another Bronco near you to make sure nothing is actually wrong with yours? You can always talk with an auto reupholsterer to see what they can do to add or change foam to something more to you and your wife’s liking.
I think increasing finance rates and the fact that there seem to be more cars avilable on the maket has started to push the prices down. I have been observing the market for the last few weeks and every week the prices keep going further down. Many dealerships (not for Broncos yet) have started to sell cars at MSRP. Just submitted again for a quote from Carvana. Their offer is 2 k below last week and 3k below MSRP for an almost fully loaded OBX with less than 100 miles. The Bronco prices are definitely going down and I think they will continue to go down.

The only vehicles which are still traded well are the hybrids. I just got a quote for my Hybrid Maverick with almost 10k miles on it. One of the online places offered 25% over MSRP, which is insane.

Last edited:

Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think increasing finance rates and the fact that there seem to be more cars avilable on the maket has started to push the prices down. I have been observing the market for the last few weeks and every week the prices keep going further down. Many dealerships (not for Broncos yet) have started to sell cars at MSRP. Just submitted again for a quote from Carvana. Their offer is 2 k below last week and 3k below MSRP for an almost fully loaded OBX with less than 100 miles. The Bronco prices are definitely going down and I think they will continue to go down.

The only vehicles which are still traded well are the hybrids. I just got a quote for my Hybrid Maverick with almost 10k miles on it. One of the online places offered 25% over MSRP, which is insane.
Crazy. I haven't seen that near me, but maybe it's coming. They definitely need to fall.

OP
OP

Arnold1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Crazy. I haven't seen that near me, but maybe it's coming. They definitely need to fall.
Just go to autotrader and look under used broncos. Don't look for new, since many would list MSRP and when you go there, they will add 15-20k markup. The prices are still all over the place. Especially the base model has still very high prices but all the other models are falling like crazy. You will still see some crazy sellers asking 80k for a bronco which has a msrp of 45k but you will also see several low mileage broncos around msrp. Few weeks ago, it was impossible to find anything which didn't have at least 10-15k above MSRP, no matter how with many miles.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is going to sound insane but I found them uncomfortable at first until I learned the correct "slouch" Sliding my butt forward and increasing lumbar support beyond what I normally would helped a ton.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Bronco steering wheel moves in and out as well as up and down. Would guess not every package has that.
They actually all do. I have a base model and it does. I researched that from the very get go on what features the Bronco was going to have. Telescoping steering was standard on all models. I typically have the wheel telescoped out the maximum on most any vehicles I drive to accommodate my super long legs.

OP
OP

Arnold1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So fellas, I think I am giving up here. Will most probably sell the Bronco. I really tried everything to make it work but those seats are not for me and I don't want to go the route of seat swap. Thanks for all the tips and ideas!
Sponsored