Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback16, Ford Ranger 11
Occupation
ā­ tender
Vehicle Showcase
The only disappointing thing is in the majority of comparison reviews the Colorado/Canyon still comes out on top especially in ride and handling. You would have thought Ford could have tweaked the Ranger enough to be class leading after all the years it took to bring it here. I'm still excited to get my XLT FX4, but I just hope I don't have buyer's remorse after watching some of the critical reviews. I've looked at a Ranger in person and really liked what I saw, but have not driven one. Do they really make you car sick? That's crazy, but a couple reviews claimed that!
I myself havenā€™t felt any kind of floating on the truck, and if there is that feel Iā€™m sure once you add a load to the bed thatā€™ll make the truck stiffer like most trucks! I like the ride and I hope that the lift I get can emulate the stick ride! The only thing Iā€™d like to see is a better feel when making turns!!
Sponsored

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
This is definitely no offense to anyone buying a trimmed out XLT (a lot of people donā€™t want the leather) but for $41k I would have gone for the Lariat, 501A and Tow and been done with it. Maybe the rear locker too. They are right to point out that if you start with XLT and add FX4 and Sport and a few other packages it gets expensive.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
When she gets stuck she erroneously says it "doesn't have crawl control like the Tacoma" Um, it's an FX4 so you might want to look again.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
When she gets stuck she erroneously says it "doesn't have crawl control like the Tacoma" Um, it's an FX4 so you might want to look again.
She also took it out of sand mode when she shifted after stopping... And 4Low in sand... I guess that's not their "strong" suit...

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
She also took it out of sand mode when she shifted after stopping... And 4Low in sand... I guess that's not their "strong" suit...
I will give them this much - they realized they were in over their heads pretty quickly and rather than bury it up to the axles, they stopped and waited for help.

But they obviously had zero idea what they were doing. It would have been interesting to see if you tried the TM and see if the truck could have pulled itself out. THAT would have been an interesting test.

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
It would have been interesting to see if you tried the TM and see if the truck could have pulled itself out. THAT would have been an interesting test.
That's what I was thinking... Ditto on the 4Low in sand.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Sponsored