Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

as an IT person this is some good stuff.
Sponsored

Bryschopper

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco 1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At this point I'll have my 77 restored before I get my new 2021 two door Badlands, Area 51. I'm not complaining because I can save more money for my down payment, till then I'll get my Bronco fix in my shop. Be patient, it will all work out.
Ford Bronco What Chipset(s) will the Bronco use and who makes them 20210506_100456

CptPathew

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are dozens of electronic modules in every vehicle made today. And every one of those modules has integrated circuits in it (or "chips"). A given module could have many "chips" in it. So the problem is way more complex than this.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
lets help Ford !
DVD player internal parts section
Are you suggesting we could trailer our Bronco from MAP and then just scrounge the chips needed from our own electronics? :)

Sponsored

Ocnorb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2-door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"Open Software Platform"? I would love to hear more about this. With cars being so computerized now, I think it's important to pressure manufacturers to implement some sort of standard so that these computers can be replaced and/or upgraded as years go on. Everybody wins. Customer is happy to have customization options, less waste over time, easier to fix..and so on.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think it's important to pressure manufacturers to implement some sort of standard so that these computers can be replaced and/or upgraded as years go on.
Another dynamic that supports that is a potential direction for battery-powered vehicles. We're accustomed to changing out our entire vehicle after X years - but a likely future scenario is vehicles will be comprised of 2 major components: power/drivetrain + cabin. It is expected that future vehicles will have an easily-removable cabin that can migrate to a newer power/drivetrain module.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Open Software Platform"? I would love to hear more about this. With cars being so computerized now, I think it's important to pressure manufacturers to implement some sort of standard so that these computers can be replaced and/or upgraded as years go on. Everybody wins. Customer is happy to have customization options, less waste over time, easier to fix..and so on.
I would be the guy lucky enough to have my car get a segmentation violation while I'm flying down the road at 70 and I have to wait for it to dump a core before I can brake, LOL.

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I noticed that too. Not sure to what extent it would be "OPEN". But it's to know people will be able manipulate it.

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like seeing the "Next generation lane detection" on the chip used with Lux. Everything (very little) that I've seen indicates that the Bronco's Lane Assist is more of the ping pong variety, bouncing from left to right rather than keeping the vehicle in the middle of the lines. I hope it's better than ping pong.

Sponsored

D1A3

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Sahara, Atlas, X5d, 993 Cabriolet, 914 2.0L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The most constrained silicon in the industry right now is at 28nm. If the Bronco is using the EyeQ4 at 28nm, that is not good. Many customers for silicon at this process are being quoted 50+ week lead times and the industry will continue to be constrained at this process for the next 18-24 months. The quicker Ford can move to the the EyeQ5 at 7nm the better.

ZCPM3

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing special
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do hope they rev the Bronco to Q5 chips. I'd love to have BlueCruise, but I suspect that's a pipe dream along with the Android-based SYNC that other cars are getting.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At this point I'll have my 77 restored before I get my new 2021 two door Badlands, Area 51. I'm not complaining because I can save more money for my down payment, till then I'll get my Bronco fix in my shop. Be patient, it will all work out.
Ford Bronco What Chipset(s) will the Bronco use and who makes them 20210506_100456
Looking good! Get er done
Sponsored