Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed that too. Not sure to what extent it would be "OPEN". But it's to know people will be able manipulate it.
I interpreted this to mean something for the company using them in their products.

So the semiconductor manufacturer produces basically one chip with “open software” support. Then the buyer (Ford) builds exactly what software they want for it… which allows Ford more customization and flexibility… reduces the code of the overall component, and allows industry to piggyback on one another (so another manufacturer can make one component that interfaces with the same chip across different vehicle brands).

It has nothing to do with the end user.
Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I interpreted this to mean something for the company using them in their products.

So the semiconductor manufacturer produces basically one chip with “open software” support. Then the buyer (Ford) builds exactly what software they want for it… which allows Ford more customization and flexibility… reduces the code of the overall component, and allows industry to piggyback on one another (so another manufacturer can make one component that interfaces with the same chip across different vehicle brands).

It has nothing to do with the end user.
Good point. Still better than how Apple would've done it. Totally proprietary. LOL

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The main chipset Ford will be using for the Bronco is the Mobileye EyeQ3 and the EyeQ4, the new EyeQ5 will be used in the MachE And some F150’s (BlueCruise) later in the 3rd quarter of 2021.

The EyeQ3 is used across many vehicles in Ford‘s lineup including some of the Bronco‘s, the EyeQ4 will be used in the Bronco with Lux package due to its advanced Adaptive Cruise Control system, the only current vehicles that it comes standard on is the MachE (until 3rd quarter) and the 2021 Explorer.

While these are not the only chips Ford uses in the Bronco, they are probably the most advanced.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...obileye-camera-based-collision-avoidance.html

7A2215EC-591B-45F0-AF7B-3A2CBEC48C04.jpeg

B481A8F7-0110-46D2-9B57-236870F03683.jpeg
I can just see my dad and his buddies from the 1960s/70s standing around their cars, drinking beer, and talking about which chipset they are running. 🤣

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

When I worked for Intel we could request one free processor per year. Now, would be a good time to be able to do that.:geek: The downside was you were supposed to return them if you ever left the company. :D
Sponsored