Sponsored

What company are you ‘targeting’ for your lift?

CarbonBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota $runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not certain I'd get Kings, but like you, I'll never buy ICON anything ever again.
Went through 2 sets of leaking coil overs within 25K miles and one set of tubular UCA that made a ton of noise and failed to return the steering wheel to center to due poor tolerance specs.
I actually wasn't even upset about the issues, shit happens. It was the way in which ICON handled the customer service that was off putting.
It's all about how a company handles problems, and ICON sucked!
Never again.
I was super brand loyal. my firs suspension from them the 2.5" piggy backs lost gas charge within 2 days after installing on the rig. causing me to bottom out and destroy the piggyback mount bracket. i had to go out of my way to drive down to them to have it repaired.

a few years later i bought a full upgaded suspension set again after they coned me into it with their cdc valve upgrade. it was just a mere marketing ploy to get you to ditch your old suspension to buy a new set with cdc valves installed. total bullshit. " its better for you to just buy new shocks with the valves installed instead of upgrading your current coilovers...."

so i bit the bullet and bought a whole new suspension to get the cdc valves. only for them to build the front external resi hose length wrong in which i had to wait for them to send a call tag for them to come back and they only do " Rebuilds/ repairs" on tuesdays no exceptions. so since the came back on a tuesday. i had to a wait a whole week for them to fix their mistake. not only that i asked for 700lb springs. the installed and sent me mislabled 550lb springs. which did not suport my steel plate bumper and winch as well as full skids.

Then they shafted me on a set of custom built rear shocks that had built before for someone else. i wanted the same setup. how hard could it be right? well they built it wrong 4 times. each time the built it wrong i explained how i wanted it built down the the last fitting used to build it. when i got so fed up that they couldnt build it correctly and wanted to cancel, they told me to pound sand. and when i would call to get a tracking number they told me that they couldnt talk to me since i ordered from a dealer. Metal Tech in Oregon which i will applaud were absolute saints in having my back on this whole ordeal and even offering to step in to help where Icon Fell short.

Kings i have nothing but good things to say about. they never shafted me even on my own mistakes. took my rig in on the same day with no excuses to repair something i fucked up myself. for that i will always be forever brand loyal.

OP
OP

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Umm, suspension done properly is a helluva science.....
we aren’t reinventing the wheel. It isn’t like these companies are starting from scratch... c’mon...

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where was this "supposedly" heard? I can't find anything like that confirmed.

Sponsored

nagymjr

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2009 Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would be curious to see if RANCHO gets in the game too. I love the lift on my Wrangler, great support and quality IMO. I know RANCHO was used by Ford for shocks from factory on some of the F150 & 250's. Owner of company has a 2018 F250 Platinum that came with RS9000 adjustable shocks from Ford.

That being to have the factory lift of the Sasquatch package and full vehicle warranty for the first few years of wheeling is pretty comforting to push some limits on ability.

My 2 cents

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I was super brand loyal. my firs suspension from them the 2.5" piggy backs lost gas charge within 2 days after installing on the rig. causing me to bottom out and destroy the piggyback mount bracket. i had to go out of my way to drive down to them to have it repaired.

a few years later i bought a full upgaded suspension set again after they coned me into it with their cdc valve upgrade. it was just a mere marketing ploy to get you to ditch your old suspension to buy a new set with cdc valves installed. total bullshit. " its better for you to just buy new shocks with the valves installed instead of upgrading your current coilovers...."

so i bit the bullet and bought a whole new suspension to get the cdc valves. only for them to build the front external resi hose length wrong in which i had to wait for them to send a call tag for them to come back and they only do " Rebuilds/ repairs" on tuesdays no exceptions. so since the came back on a tuesday. i had to a wait a whole week for them to fix their mistake. not only that i asked for 700lb springs. the installed and sent me mislabled 550lb springs. which did not suport my steel plate bumper and winch as well as full skids.

Then they shafted me on a set of custom built rear shocks that had built before for someone else. i wanted the same setup. how hard could it be right? well they built it wrong 4 times. each time the built it wrong i explained how i wanted it built down the the last fitting used to build it. when i got so fed up that they couldnt build it correctly and wanted to cancel, they told me to pound sand. and when i would call to get a tracking number they told me that they couldnt talk to me since i ordered from a dealer. Metal Tech in Oregon which i will applaud were absolute saints in having my back on this whole ordeal and even offering to step in to help where Icon Fell short.

Kings i have nothing but good things to say about. they never shafted me even on my own mistakes. took my rig in on the same day with no excuses to repair something i fucked up myself. for that i will always be forever brand loyal.
Live and learn.
Also, I must say the reason I am not 100% on Kings is becuase this time around I want throw away shocks once they wear out. Yes, I may not get the same high level performance and or adjustability that a threaded body coil over offers, but the down time for re builds isn't something I want or to rely on someone to get it right.

Last edited:

CarbonBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota $runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Live and learn.
Also, I must say the reason I am not 100% on Kings is becuase this time around I want throw away shocks once they wear out. Yes, I may not get the same high level performance and or adjustability that a threaded body coil over offers, but the down time for re builds isn't something I want or to rely on someone to get it right.
as far a rebuilds i have a guy that does them locally in San dimas. Kurt from DC Shocks the are the best at what they do. and you can schedule in advance with him to have them done same day. i had my front kings rebuilt and re valved for a smoother ride from kurt i was in in the morning when he opened and out before 1pm. the rears i plulled myself and had him do them off the rig. he had them done in days when he originally told me a week.

CarbonBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota $runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
we aren’t reinventing the wheel. It isn’t like these companies are starting from scratch... c’mon...
it may not be from scratch. but you want it to ride smooth and perform just as well right? that takes time and engineering spring rates and compresion and rebound specs all matter.

Sponsored

Buckman19

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr BD non sas carbonG
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bds has it bookmarked on their page already 2-6 inch kits coming.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will keep the sas and then go straight to King coilovers when it’s time for 37’s. No point in changing unless it’s going to be a pretty significant upgrade. IMO what I saw on that 4wp bronco was a downgrade if anything.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No point in changing unless it’s going to be a pretty significant upgrade. IMO what I saw on that 4wp bronco was a downgrade if anything.
Absolutely agree. That front suspension doesn't even move when front end lands from being in the sky. :sneaky:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Buckman19

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr BD non sas carbonG
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ll would go with whatever reputable manufacturer can come up with a 3 in solution first. My preference would be BDS. Seems like they may have the inside track on spec for it. But materials are a challenge it sounds like for everyone.
Sponsored