Sponsored

What compromises would you make to take a Bronco home off the lot before your scheduled delivery?

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been waiting too damn long for the bronco to come back in production to make compromises now. I’m old enough to know those compromises usually gnaw at me down the road and just will piss me off...

getting what I want and good with the wait...
Sponsored

SirDapperDom

Badlands
First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 240sx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I’d do the same. As long as there was also a price discount incentive. One can dream right?
Everyday I go "they're just f*ckin' lights it'll be fine" and then I watch em light up and I'm like "need" 😂

OP
OP
DLJohnson

DLJohnson

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it's mostly things I'm on the fence about that I could jump on and not be remorseful. High vs Lux, squatch vs no squatch on BL, 2 door vs 4 door (though I'd prefer 2 door), even 2.3 vs 2.7 really.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, I had a purely hypothetical and unlikely scenario pop into my head and thought I'd ask the question. Since all Bronco builds at first are custom ordered, what compromises would you make on your build if a canceled reservation showed up on your local dealer lot (with no ADM for the sake of conversation) before your scheduled delivery date?

I went through a lot of situations in my head and can say that color might be the only thing I'd compromise on. But the more I think about it, I go from one extreme to the other on how much (or little) I'd compromise to take one home sooner.

Just curious if anyone else has thought about this or if everyone else wants their custom no compromise build (nothing wrong with that).
No compr
So, I had a purely hypothetical and unlikely scenario pop into my head and thought I'd ask the question. Since all Bronco builds at first are custom ordered, what compromises would you make on your build if a canceled reservation showed up on your local dealer lot (with no ADM for the sake of conversation) before your scheduled delivery date?

I went through a lot of situations in my head and can say that color might be the only thing I'd compromise on. But the more I think about it, I go from one extreme to the other on how much (or little) I'd compromise to take one home sooner.

Just curious if anyone else has thought about this or if everyone else wants their custom no compromise build (nothing wrong with that).
None

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d rather just wait and get what I ordered?

Sponsored

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

None. I built it it in B&P and then ordered it. Ford cannot duplicate that and I will not change my mind. Nuff said... :cool:

Deleted member 19970

Already at a base 2-door, so I think there’s not much more to compromise. Bronco Sport?

Probably why I refuse to test drive one. “Good enough!” 😆

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As a FE res holder I feel like I'm compromising too much already so I could almost care less what I end up with. I won't be happy til I get my next Bronco hopefully in '22 or '23. There's probably only a couple I would say no to right now, like a base base. Base would have to be squatched.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Color is the only thing I could see myself be flexible on if I were buying new off the lot instead of waiting for my order. I lined out the equipment and options I wanted almost immediately. Color is way, way down the priority list for me.

Sponsored

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd be flexible on color, package (currently High). Things I wouldn't compromise, 2-door and 7MT.

I only really like carbon gray

I'm not budging from lux

Not budging from MGV or 2.7 auto

Maaaaybe if I saw a 4 door and liked it more than I have in pics... but doubt it.

I'm not paying 60k for a car I'm not fully happy with.

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I only really like carbon gray

I'm not budging from lux

Not budging from MGV or 2.7 auto

Maaaaybe if I saw a 4 door and liked it more than I have in pics... but doubt it.

I'm not paying 60k for a car I'm not fully happy with.
For me, there were a few colors I was deciding between. I'm getting Cactus, but would be 90% happy with Area 51 or Carbonized Gray or Oxford White. But I bet we all make compromises every day - who wants to be 90% happy when you can wait and get what you want?

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Nothing.

My first new vehicle was a Mitsubishi pickup 4x4 that I compromised on color and trim level. Not doing it again.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm waiting on "my" Bronco, not "a" Bronco to show up at the dealer. Any compromises that I am willing to make have already been made in order to stay within a maximum value that I perceive the Bronco is worth to me.

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d rather just wait and get what I ordered?
Same. I just don’t see any reason not to get what I wanted, and ordered.
Sponsored