Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did a 5 day roadtrip / overland up the west coast of Florida and Panhandle. Camped on the beach 2 nights. 2 nights in the National Forest. Went to some cool caves. Great time!

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_8656

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_8651

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 6.45.24 PM

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 6.46.49 PM

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_8848

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_8845

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_8809

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 6.45.48 PM

IMG_8656.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tork

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I added a 10k Warn winch, prepping for a trip to Moab. I read several threads for dos and don’ts and it helped make the project a little easier. Thanks to all who gave insight.

32A5693A-9819-4A3A-912F-DAF40182B78F.jpeg

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I added a 10k Warn winch, prepping for a trip to Moab. I read several threads for dos and don’ts and it helped make the project a little easier. Thanks to all who gave insight.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  32A5693A-9819-4A3A-912F-DAF40182B78F
What were some of the do's and dont's?

What camera relocation bracket did you use?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Took a little ski
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20230123_152802

Last edited:

Tork

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

First of all, I am not endorsing or trying to down grade any product. I bought what I bought because I wanted to. The instructions thing I did was a search as I am sure you did to see if anyone has gone down this road. I specifically wanted a warn vr winch, I feel it is a better winch than the competition. It I didn’t want to spend double to get the Zeon. I went with the 10 k winch using the 11/2 times rule on winch to truck weight. I compared the rough country winch mount to the Jcr mount and I like the Rc mount better and really loved the price. It would have been easier to by the RC winch to make the install easier, I’ll admit that. I watched a video by a fellow B6 member, I think it is NW bronco?, who covers a lot of the installation. Great job by him! I watched his video a couple times while waiting for parts to be delivered. He was very informative. The RC mount appears to be excellent quality and the parts and hardware are all top notch. The kit included parking sensor extension wires that are super handy, but they need to be a few inches longer.I bought the Mountains 2 Metal camera relocation bracket, mainly for the price compared to the competition. The squirter tube and coax extension are plenty long and work as intended.Instructions and quality of the parts is great! I bought the warn winch with the steel cable and promptly removed it and installed some synthetic dyneema 12 strand rope off eBay. I also bought a warn hawse fairlead off eBay. The difference in weight from the roller fairlead and cable compared to rope and hawse is very sizable. I have had synthetic rope on my old bronco for many years and couldn’t be happier. Also way less weight on the front end. I followed the RC instructions for the most part, but I didn’t put everything together and install it all at once. This is my way, not the right or wrong way.Remove bumper, remove parking sensors, install new sensor extensions and reinstall bumper and plug main harness back in per instructions. Oh, at this point, don’t forget to put the four spacers behind the four inner bumper mounting bolts,when you mount the winch mount. I forgot at first. No biggie. Having a helper is ahuge bonus during bumper removal and install and winch mount install. The rest can easily be done by yourself. Next install sensors in winch plate per RC instructions. This is where using their winch could be a little easier? I did my own end around am satisfied. The instructions call to grind/ sand the back side of the parking sensor retention brackets so the winch doesn’t touch them. What I did differently than anyone on the internet was to make four 1/4” plates to set the winch on, to raise it up to clear the sensors. The warn wasn’t really meant for this mount but I made it work, the spacers made it so I only had to grind the drivers side bracket and I looked at what others on here did for the passenger side. The winch pushes down on the sensor so much on the passenger side that the weight made the sensor aim up. So after many test fits and combinations I came up with an alternative way to hold the passenger sensor in. I will include a couple pictures at the end. When I was satisfied I hard mounted the winch to the winch plate and wanted to make sure the winch worked, so I used a jump pack on the positive and negative leads and wound on the new rope using as much tension as possible by hand. Winch control works great corded and remotely! Cool option from Warn. Next I mounted the winch plate to the winch mount/ bumper. Everything lined up and fit perfectly. Now this is where you plug in the sensor extensions into the sensors. Once you poke them up trough the access hole, use long nose needle nose pliers to orient the plu into the sensor not a big deal, but I think this would be easier than try and plug it in, in the bumper. Just my opinion.. Next I ran the hose and camera extension per the instructions, I used the driver side bumper sensor hole as a path for the extensions, then the same hole into the winch plate as the one sensor wire. Pretty self explanatory from here on out. I zip tied the pos and neg wires together and fished them through the grill and up to the battery. Cool thing on the battery terminals, there are perfect places to attach the pos and neg wires and they will work great. You’ll find the extension wires for the sensors are just barely long enough but they work. I am not sure, but adding a light in the mount after the fact could be difficult. Every thing works as designed sensors, camera and winch! Looks great and I when I get a chance, I will rewind the rope with more tension on it. If I got a new fairlead, I’ll get the kind that has the rope detents in the corners, right now the rope pulls near the sensor when hooked to the d-ring. Oh, since I lifted the winch up 1/4” I needed to use the two medium length bolts but I needed four, so cut off a 1/4” off the two longest bolts then chased the threads. Saved a trip to the parts store. I used a 5/16” by 3/4” bolt with a locking flange nut to secure the neg battery cable to an existing hole, and a bought I think a 6mmby 1.00 nylock flange nut to hold the positive cable on the the unused terminal on the battery nearest the driver fender. Under the plastic cover. Over all not difficult but I took my time and drank a few beers.oh everyone , me included had some reservations about cutting the plastic fascia pieces. The instructions and photos are shitty and you’ll second guess your self as you cut the plastic, remove small pieces at a time and test fit multiple times. One side of mine looks way better than the other, but as NW bronco stated in his video, in the long run it most likely will never be noticeable. Good luck , I hope this helps? Later. I’ll never type this much again.

65111C51-BEDD-4225-AEF5-B0709ACC51A9.jpeg

79D9795A-7D27-473D-94C8-79B58510DA7C.jpeg

8C971F05-4B28-47B5-8574-41DF7C5BB9ED.jpeg

F54DAF2A-0CF3-4C18-A56B-F4C495F2CB5A.jpeg

75A1887F-ADB4-4AE6-B5E1-29C4731927BE.jpeg

12F62C2F-9DF6-4D93-8010-5ABC9479AFA3.jpeg

62F07056-12BB-4D50-9C2C-81BFCED11B2C.jpeg

Sponsored

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tork, nice write up, great pictures, thank you for all the info out to ones you do not know. I'm on a similar path. Waiting on my Bronco, its waiting for a truck to ship it to my dealer. I have a Westin Bumper to swap in, mistakenly, it's coming with the Capable Bumper, did not catch the Ford changeover from standard Mod to Capable. I'm going the Warn route as well, gong to relocate the power pack to under the hood in the "Hopes" of retaining the stock ACC location in the grill, thereby eliminating that step of the install.

Your install looks Great, hard work paid off.

Be Safe

Tork

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tork, nice write up, great pictures, thank you for all the info out to ones you do not know. I'm on a similar path. Waiting on my Bronco, its waiting for a truck to ship it to my dealer. I have a Westin Bumper to swap in, mistakenly, it's coming with the Capable Bumper, did not catch the Ford changeover from standard Mod to Capable. I'm going the Warn route as well, gong to relocate the power pack to under the hood in the "Hopes" of retaining the stock ACC location in the grill, thereby eliminating that step of the install.

Your install looks Great, hard work paid off.

Be Safe
Thanks, Greg

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First of all, I am not endorsing or trying to down grade any product. I bought what I bought because I wanted to. The instructions thing I did was a search as I am sure you did to see if anyone has gone down this road. I specifically wanted a warn vr winch, I feel it is a better winch than the competition. It I didn’t want to spend double to get the Zeon. I went with the 10 k winch using the 11/2 times rule on winch to truck weight. I compared the rough country winch mount to the Jcr mount and I like the Rc mount better and really loved the price. It would have been easier to by the RC winch to make the install easier, I’ll admit that. I watched a video by a fellow B6 member, I think it is NW bronco?, who covers a lot of the installation. Great job by him! I watched his video a couple times while waiting for parts to be delivered. He was very informative. The RC mount appears to be excellent quality and the parts and hardware are all top notch. The kit included parking sensor extension wires that are super handy, but they need to be a few inches longer.I bought the Mountains 2 Metal camera relocation bracket, mainly for the price compared to the competition. The squirter tube and coax extension are plenty long and work as intended.Instructions and quality of the parts is great! I bought the warn winch with the steel cable and promptly removed it and installed some synthetic dyneema 12 strand rope off eBay. I also bought a warn hawse fairlead off eBay. The difference in weight from the roller fairlead and cable compared to rope and hawse is very sizable. I have had synthetic rope on my old bronco for many years and couldn’t be happier. Also way less weight on the front end. I followed the RC instructions for the most part, but I didn’t put everything together and install it all at once. This is my way, not the right or wrong way.Remove bumper, remove parking sensors, install new sensor extensions and reinstall bumper and plug main harness back in per instructions. Oh, at this point, don’t forget to put the four spacers behind the four inner bumper mounting bolts,when you mount the winch mount. I forgot at first. No biggie. Having a helper is ahuge bonus during bumper removal and install and winch mount install. The rest can easily be done by yourself. Next install sensors in winch plate per RC instructions. This is where using their winch could be a little easier? I did my own end around am satisfied. The instructions call to grind/ sand the back side of the parking sensor retention brackets so the winch doesn’t touch them. What I did differently than anyone on the internet was to make four 1/4” plates to set the winch on, to raise it up to clear the sensors. The warn wasn’t really meant for this mount but I made it work, the spacers made it so I only had to grind the drivers side bracket and I looked at what others on here did for the passenger side. The winch pushes down on the sensor so much on the passenger side that the weight made the sensor aim up. So after many test fits and combinations I came up with an alternative way to hold the passenger sensor in. I will include a couple pictures at the end. When I was satisfied I hard mounted the winch to the winch plate and wanted to make sure the winch worked, so I used a jump pack on the positive and negative leads and wound on the new rope using as much tension as possible by hand. Winch control works great corded and remotely! Cool option from Warn. Next I mounted the winch plate to the winch mount/ bumper. Everything lined up and fit perfectly. Now this is where you plug in the sensor extensions into the sensors. Once you poke them up trough the access hole, use long nose needle nose pliers to orient the plu into the sensor not a big deal, but I think this would be easier than try and plug it in, in the bumper. Just my opinion.. Next I ran the hose and camera extension per the instructions, I used the driver side bumper sensor hole as a path for the extensions, then the same hole into the winch plate as the one sensor wire. Pretty self explanatory from here on out. I zip tied the pos and neg wires together and fished them through the grill and up to the battery. Cool thing on the battery terminals, there are perfect places to attach the pos and neg wires and they will work great. You’ll find the extension wires for the sensors are just barely long enough but they work. I am not sure, but adding a light in the mount after the fact could be difficult. Every thing works as designed sensors, camera and winch! Looks great and I when I get a chance, I will rewind the rope with more tension on it. If I got a new fairlead, I’ll get the kind that has the rope detents in the corners, right now the rope pulls near the sensor when hooked to the d-ring. Oh, since I lifted the winch up 1/4” I needed to use the two medium length bolts but I needed four, so cut off a 1/4” off the two longest bolts then chased the threads. Saved a trip to the parts store. I used a 5/16” by 3/4” bolt with a locking flange nut to secure the neg battery cable to an existing hole, and a bought I think a 6mmby 1.00 nylock flange nut to hold the positive cable on the the unused terminal on the battery nearest the driver fender. Under the plastic cover. Over all not difficult but I took my time and drank a few beers.oh everyone , me included had some reservations about cutting the plastic fascia pieces. The instructions and photos are shitty and you’ll second guess your self as you cut the plastic, remove small pieces at a time and test fit multiple times. One side of mine looks way better than the other, but as NW bronco stated in his video, in the long run it most likely will never be noticeable. Good luck , I hope this helps? Later. I’ll never type this much again.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  FA7F6A33-3574-4409-A54F-5F86AE562AFB

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  FA7F6A33-3574-4409-A54F-5F86AE562AFB

Thanks for the write up Tork. It was very helpful.

Sponsored

fields_day

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Badlands - 2023 2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs