Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since I can't get a new tie rod it's time to get creative for trail spares. Pulled it apart to get measurements.

PXL_20220419_235528486.jpg
Sponsored

ckingleo

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As a total noob - is there a main benefit for drilling a hole versus just running under the panel around the antenna? (That is the only way I've seen it done in the youtube videos I've been watching)
Yes and no. The benefit for me is a cleaner look. Either way you have to run it through that plastic piece which has one bolt that attaches it plus it snaps in. Very easy to remove. By doing it the way I did it is also a tight fit which means no water gets in that area so to speak. Plus I think it looks cleaner than doing it at the bottom like the videos do.

Also I chose to drill because I didn’t have a drimmel tool.

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve checked status and it still hasn’t shipped.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a total noob - is there a main benefit for drilling a hole versus just running under the panel around the antenna? (That is the only way I've seen it done in the youtube videos I've been watching)
He gets to use a power tool…

Sponsored

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Added some Bartact grab handles front and back as well as hit the rear tow hook with a few coats of redπŸ‘πŸ»

3764B0F5-5E1F-4E08-87C0-1485EAEA3BC7.jpeg

2E6E8C93-11B9-4A04-9589-F85A61B4452B.jpeg

09DC721B-0C54-4B94-8D5C-9CBF8685CA9F.jpeg

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; β€˜23 Porsche 992T; β€˜20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
1. Replaced front side dash speakers ($110);
2. Had Xpel mini professionally installed on leading edge of front hood ($155);
3. Had rear trim and sub enclosure professionally soundproofed and insulated successfully eliminating all rattles from B&O sub ($360).

All prices parts and labor, all well worth it.

ObsidianTheBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Replaced front side dash speakers ($110);
2. Had Xpel mini professionally installed on leading edge of front hood ($155);
3. Had rear trim and sub enclosure professionally soundproofed and insulated successfully eliminating all rattles from B&O sub ($360).

All prices parts and labor, all well worth it.
Hello Fellow Texan,

Where did you get the soundproofing done?

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; β€˜23 Porsche 992T; β€˜20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bay Area Audio Visions Corpus Christi.

Bajabound

Big Bend
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend, 1986 VW Vanagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Picked my new big bend up from the dealership yesterday, and immediately went to discount tire to mount my 285/75 r16 BFG K02's with the base steelies. I have the 1.5" fabtech level lift coming this week and also need to slap on my baja designs squadron pros.

I was so pumped to hear that I got almost 400$ in ford points and am gonna cash that out to get the arb compressor when they show up in my account. Man I know the soft top has flaws, but for me driving with the top down and being able to switch in a moments notice is so damn cool. The 2.7 with the 4.27 optional gears on 33"s is super peppy and really comfortable, 10/10 would recommend.

Coming from a 2022 defender I was worried the interior would feel cheap and the ride would be bumpier, but man it has exceeded all expectations. Been waiting since July 2020 and can only say that it is 100% worth the wait.

Here is the truck when i picked it up:
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_7161.JPG

And it mid wheel swap:

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_7172.JPG

Here is what it looks like after the new wheels and tires:

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_7173.JPG

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_7174.JPG

Sponsored

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Picked my new big bend up from the dealership yesterday, and immediately went to discount tire to mount my 285/75 r16 BFG K02's with the base steelies. I have the 1.5" fabtech level lift coming this week and also need to slap on my baja designs squadron pros.

I was so pumped to hear that I got almost 400$ in ford points and am gonna cash that out to get the arb compressor when they show up in my account. Man I know the soft top has flaws, but for me driving with the top down and being able to switch in a moments notice is so damn cool. The 2.7 with the 4.27 optional gears on 33"s is super peppy and really comfortable, 10/10 would recommend.

Coming from a 2022 defender I was worried the interior would feel cheap and the ride would be bumpier, but man it has exceeded all expectations. Been waiting since July 2020 and can only say that it is 100% worth the wait.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_7174.JPG

And it mid wheel swap:

its amazing what the tires do to make it look so much better. nice

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
its amazing what the tires do to make it look so much better. nice
That is true, it almost has me considering removing Sasquatch from my base and going a similar route.... Almost.

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

And it mid wheel swap:

Thank you for your business, Cole! Your rig looks awesome!

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That is true, it almost has me considering removing Sasquatch from my base and going a similar route.... Almost.
i kept the SAS for my base but definitely swapped out the tires and rims for a meatier stance and bigger tires

Naked Bronco.jpg