First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO OUTERBANKS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Added the rough country hitch. Instructions were crap, but the install was easy and took about an hour.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  bronco1
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  bronco2
Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I took my rims off to find a blown CV boot on a 3 day old bronco. Grease everywhere. Pissed me off because I was doing my lift and putting my bigger rims and tires on . Now I have to take to dealership and wait on how ever long that takes before I install lift and tires.!! FUN FUN FUN
I posted about this months ago. There’s an assembly issue and cv boots are getting pinched at assembly and subsequently blowing grease everywhere that customer gets to deal with. I dealt with and fixed on my own. Local dealer said get effed.

@Ford Motor Company doesn't seem to care though there are many documented cases of this issue.

Shamalama86

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 3.5L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I posted about this months ago. There’s an assembly issue and cv boots are getting pinched at assembly and subsequently blowing grease everywhere that customer gets to deal with. I dealt with and fixed on my own. Local dealer said get effed.

@Ford Motor Company doesn't seem to care though there are many documented cases of this issue.
Did you have a lift or something? There’s now way this isn’t covered under warranty?

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you have a lift or something? There’s now way this isn’t covered under warranty?
That was excuse from dealer. β€œYou put spacers and bigger wheels and tires so…”

My tire wheel guys identified issue on lift before doing any work. It’s an issue. Many have reported it. Something is pinching cv boot at assembly. It’s not every rig. Maybe just the hangover crew at MAP.

Sponsored

Jack D

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Jeep Liberty 6MT, 93 Explorer 2dr 5MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Converted my cup-holder phone mount for use with Bronco’s dash GoPro threaded socket:
  1. Removed and discarded cup-holder base from arm
  2. Fabricated a metal bracket from 1/16” x 1” aluminum (this step took by far the most time, with many test fits and adjustments) and spray painted it black
  3. Made thin plastic washers to protect socket and bracket paint
  4. Obtained a bolt- stainless 1/4 x 20 x 1 1/2”- from Lowes (2-pack for under $2); this was my only purchase
  5. Drilled cross-holes and inserted black nylon nut-bolt, which is gently tightened to clamp and retain the arm.
Phone can be positioned to face driver (without blocking view out windshield) or swung to passenger (leaving access to touch screen). Frees up cup holders for coffee, water, or whatever. Easy and cheap (if not quick) modification.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  6A749148-5441-41C4-8FF8-33ECD404A10E
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  3AC2E8EF-8F41-490C-810B-6804F002678E
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  6DCE8C46-9CF7-46D0-A228-5EDBA1F96905

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Installed my Mabett front mudflaps, and put on my tire cover.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20220702_112841 (2)

20220702_112850 (2).jpg

Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tried the trail turn assist
20220702_210235.jpg
... Shouldn't that be a lot tighter?
Here's from Off Roadeo, granted this sand looks softer... But we were able to turn dang near 90 degrees on the trails.

Last edited: