Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! What’s the camera view like with it mounted that low?
It should be ok. Haven't been able to use it in its final configuation yet... the camera extension cable I got thru Amazon didn't work. 🀬 New one comes in tomorrow. I'll take pics.

... but I did a test fitting with the original cable to get the angle right (30Β° aims at the same spot about 6' in front of the bumper as when it's grille-mounted). Even though it was about 8 in off center to the passenger side (because it was too short to get in the exact location)... I was surprised that it looked just fine even then.

Note: the original cable is about 3' and is female-to-female. You can order a 3' male-to female extension (like I did the first time)... or a 6' female-to-female to replace the whole thing (which I did with the reorder). I decided not to use the washer attachment... if I cut the hole any lower for it, I would have had to cut all the way through the bottom of the bracket. I just capped it off next to the camera connector at the top of the core support.

Tecreddy Fakra Z Female to Female Car FM Adapter Cable 6.6ft for Volkswagen/Audi Car GPS Navigation FM AM Radio TEL Telematics Bluetooth Module XM Satellite Radio, 2m https://a.co/d/buffvht
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
1. Self-Squatched with Zone 3" lift with 35"s and Fuel Bronze wheels
2. JCR Roof Rack with Rough Country's 40" light bar
3. Rough Country's hidden winch mount for 2.7 ltr Engine

PXL_20220801_001016925.jpg

PXL_20220801_001025694.jpg

PXL_20220726_021824606.jpg
Beautiful Bronco! Love the blue. :)

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Ford Expedition Max, Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice ok thanks....did you do an install thread or anything? Would I have to drill into my capable?
No drilling. Bolts right up to the bumper mount bolts. The only modification is moving the sensors and cutting the plastic caps.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No drilling. Bolts right up to the bumper mount bolts. The only modification is moving the sensors and cutting the plastic caps.

Hey, sorry yes, after i read some more of this thread, i saw where you talked about that and also where you relocated the operating part of the winch under the hood.....was that easy? Does RC provide instructions for that? I think that looks miles better with that under the hood..

As somebody who added aftermarket lights to my capable bumper, i've had the bumper off several times and have taken the plastic bolt caps off.

Question: Does the plastic have the be trimmed, or could you just leave the caps off entirely?

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

New windshield

20220808_104716.jpg
What's going on? Is this the recall and the service tech does house calls? Local dealer here has a mobile service tech. Does the front cowl have to be removed for the windshield replacement? If so, that would imply any pod lights be removed for the work to be done.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What's going on? Is this the recall and the service tech does house calls? Local dealer here has a mobile service tech. Does the front cowl have to be removed for the windshield replacement? If so, that would imply any pod lights be removed for the work to be done.
Safelite at home windshield replacement for a rock hit. Cowling does have to be removed, inboard of the mirrors. The mirror arm caps stay on.

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been a rough couple days so ended up just taking part of the day and driving. Ended up on Peters Mill Run in the George Washington National Forest. Pretty decent little trail near Edinburg, VA although it was much rougher than I remembered (been several years since I’ve been up there) most likely due to all the rain and excessive washout. Jeep people will know it as a Badge of Honor trail.

Bronco did great, as expected, and there was no traffic up there today. Was great to hang out on top the mountain for a while.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  35964B19-E0F6-40B4-939D-0CB6971F8F34

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  C0819028-3FA8-41AD-911F-652B6881F027

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  24A3B2D5-7BD6-4646-9DF1-BE7BBA1E5D94

Last edited:

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Ford Expedition Max, Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey, sorry yes, after i read some more of this thread, i saw where you talked about that and also where you relocated the operating part of the winch under the hood.....was that easy? Does RC provide instructions for that? I think that looks miles better with that under the hood..

As somebody who added aftermarket lights to my capable bumper, i've had the bumper off several times and have taken the plastic bolt caps off.

Question: Does the plastic have the be trimmed, or could you just leave the caps off entirely?
You could definitely leave the caps off entirely but those bolts would probably look a lot better painted and I don’t think it would look as polished on the front without them.
The control box relocation wasn’t hard but I had to make my own cables. RC won’t be any help to you on that.

Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You could definitely leave the caps off entirely but those bolts would probably look a lot better painted and I don’t think it would look as polished on the front without them.
The control box relocation wasn’t hard but I had to make my own cables. RC won’t be any help to you on that.
Thanks ok. I’m ONLY gonna do this if I can relocate that control box.
I’m pretty good at wiring but if you could tell me kinda what you bought and how you did that I’d really appreciate it.

Looks so good with that box relocated

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks ok. I’m ONLY gonna do this if I can relocate that control box.
I’m pretty good at wiring but if you could tell me kinda what you bought and how you did that I’d really appreciate it.

Looks so good with that box relocated
I did both... before I cut the caps, I just painted the heads of the bolts and ran it like that for a few days.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20220621_182915
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20220624_195806

Many control boxes can be relocated. The Badland Apex gives you instructions and parts... but the box is huge. I just disassembled it and rebuilt it in a (much smaller) project box. Had to buy 6' 4-gauge cables to move it this far into the engine bay.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20220622_202330
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20220622_201816
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20220731_202019
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20220731_203934

After moving the camera, I think I'm finally done with this project.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20220806_154709
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20220806_171722
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20220807_144451

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20220807_141828

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20220807_203117

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did both... before I cut the caps, I just painted the heads of the bolts and ran it like that for a few days.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20220807_203117

Many control boxes can be relocated. The Badland Apex gives you instructions and parts... but the box is huge. I just disassembled it and rebuilt it in a (much smaller) project box. Had to buy 6' 4-gauge cables to move it this far into the engine bay.

After moving the camera, I think I'm finally done with this project.

Thanks. Your bumper is different than mine. I have the OTHER steel bumper, the β€œcapable”

What all did you have to do for the control box relocation?

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. Your bumper is different than mine. I have the OTHER steel bumper, the β€œcapable”

What all did you have to do for the control box relocation?
It was harder for this one because the original box was enormous. One of the reasons I moved it was that it blocked a lot of air flow. Instead of just moving it, I had to disassemble it and put it in a smaller housing in order to fit it where I wanted to under my hood.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  Screenshot_20220808-165935_Gallery

Basically, you dismount the control box... and replace the internal connections between the control box and the motor with long cables. For the Apex, replace these copper connectors with cables, if that makes sense.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  Screenshot_20220808-165456_Chrome

Then mount the control box in a location where you can get to the switches. I mounted mine on the back side of the box.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20220731_203942

Does that help?

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It was harder for this one because the original box was enormous. One of the reasons I moved it was that it blocked a lot of air flow. Instead of just moving it, I had to disassemble it and put it in a smaller housing in order to fit it where I wanted to under my hood.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20220731_203942

Basically, you dismount the control box... and replace the internal connections between the control box and the motor with long cables. For the Apex, replace these copper connectors with cables, if that makes sense.

Then mount the control box in a location where you can get to the switches. I mounted mine on the back side of the box.

Does that help?

Thanks, yes.
Sponsored