TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was eyeing this aswell. How was install? Any trimming of plastic? Couldn’t locate install instructions on site
Not to speak for Olds120, but I have the same AR rail and can say the install is not at all difficult.

You need to remove and reuse the factory torx bolts, but it's hard to see where they are. I used my phone to take a picture of the recessed area to see where they were located and then used The Force to guide the torx driver into position and removed the screws.

The (VERY WEAK!!!) factory mount just lifts out and you drop in the AR rail and secure it. I can be an all-star at botching things like this but had it done in 10 minutes without difficulty.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SLCBronco

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to speak for Olds120, but I have the same AR rail and can say the install is not at all difficult.

You need to remove and reuse the factory torx bolts, but it's hard to see where thy are. I used my phone to take a picture of the recessed area to see where they were located and then used The Force to guide the torx driver into position and removed the screws.

The (VERY WEAK!!!) factory mount just lifts out and you drop in the AR rail and secure it. I can be an all-star at botching things like this but had it done in 10 minutes without difficulty.
Did you put this under the BYOD rail? If so, does it throw the angle off on the rail ends to where they don’t sit flush?

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you put this under the BYOD rail? If so, does it throw the angle off on the rail ends to where they don’t sit flush?
Yes, I did. They work perfectly together, AR really did a great job on these devices. I was really hesitant to go with the Burnt Titanium color but loved it once I opened the package.

SLCBronco

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, I did. They work perfectly together, AR really did a great job on these devices. I was really hesitant to go with the Burnt Titanium color but loved it once I opened the package.
I’m very impressed with everything that I’ve received from AR. I originally went with the graphite rail from them and then was lucky enough to get a Badlands. I just wasn’t sure on the SLAP rail working with the BYOD. Thanks for the reply.

Olds120

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak 354A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Was eyeing this aswell. How was install? Any trimming of plastic? Couldn’t locate install instructions on site
a T20 torx drive is used to remove the two screws, a plastic trim removal tool is needed to remove the factory piece.
the archetype piece fits exactly where the original piece was then reinstall the torx screws. Just that simple.
the screw provided for the ball is 1” only grabs a few threads. I used a 1 1/2“ from tractor supply works fine.
looks great, works great…. A home run I think!!!
used discount code “BRONCO6G20“ discount code and saved $17.20👌👌👌

Sponsored

Biggwrm

First Edition
First Name
Orran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
a T20 torx drive is used to remove the two screws, a plastic trim removal tool is needed to remove the factory piece.
the archetype piece fits exactly where the original piece was then reinstall the torx screws. Just that simple.
the screw provided for the ball is 1” only grabs a few threads. I used a 1 1/2“ from tractor supply works fine.
looks great, works great…. A home run I think!!!
used discount code “BRONCO6G20“ discount code and saved $17.20👌👌👌
Great thank you

Emmitt

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Emmitt

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Emmitt

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No bueno! I tried copying the link as well and pasting it in another tab but it did not work.
Let me see if I can get you on a conversation i had with another member around this install. Here are the part numbers.

Raptor Tailgate HW.png

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let me see if I can get you on a conversation i had with another member around this install. Here are the part numbers.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? 👨🏻‍🔧🧰🚿🛠 Raptor Tailgate HW
Sweet - thanks so much!

Emmitt

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sweet - thanks so much!
NP - I just sent him a message to get his approval. I guess he has to approve because he started the conversation.