Sponsored

What do Tube Doors look like with plastic cover removed?

Loop4re7

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Trying to find out what the tube doors look like with the plastic cover removed. If any of you have removed the plastic box or are planning to can you post a pic.
Thanks, Jim

179C38CA-459B-436C-9E1A-D18B24AF7E85.jpeg
Sponsored

BitterBronco

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would assume those are structural, no? I’d bet the forward and aft portions are joined in that plastic

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would assume those are structural, no? I’d bet the forward and aft portions are joined in that plastic
He’s asking for a picture of the plastic removed. The plastic piece surely isn’t structural or holding anything together.

MichiganMichael

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport, '22 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ll tell you in 6-7 weeks…. I ordered them with mine, awaiting production. But seriously, kind of curious as well.

BitterBronco

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He’s asking for a picture of the plastic removed. The plastic piece surely isn’t structural or holding anything together.
Maybe that’s on me for thinking he was asking for the picture to know if he *could* remove them.

Their reputation is that of having low quality welds so I don’t see a more obvious location for the tubes to be joined together into a continuous piece (and I say that with the intention of buying them myself)

Just figured we’d speculate while waiting for someone to post a photo… drive the post up the forum boards and all… 🤷🏼‍♂️

Sponsored
OP
OP
Loop4re7

Loop4re7

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was at sema last week. There were several vendors with after market tube doors. None of those tube doors fit quite as good, built as well, or any less expensive Then the OEM doors. Some of the Broncos had the plastic box painted to match vehicle. Didn’t care much for that either. I’m just assuming the plastic cover does nothing structural, just place for bronco logo. My guess is the welds are also the same as the rest. Probably only issue would be the bolt holes. The moral to my story is OEM tube doors best ones out there so far except for plastic box. Appreciate all the input. Looking forward to What’s behind the curtain.

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My JCR were definitely less expensive. Can’t speak to the Ford quality but JCR are great and look better as well. Worked great all summer for me.

OP
OP
Loop4re7

Loop4re7

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model