Sponsored

What do we know about the rail system utilized for shipping vehicles?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was very intrigued to see the guy in lower NY get a Bronco shipped in a week. I’ve always wondered what type of route Ford (or their shipping company) would utilize to get to me in north NJ.

Do we have any insight on this? Here’s a map. I’m thinking in the case of the guy in NY, they went straight shot through Canada above Lake Erie through Buffalo and into Albany. To north Jersey looks like not too many straight shots. Maybe it would be a similar route as NY and would continue on down to Newark or Trenton.

Any Ford or logistics guys care to chime in? I’m sure many of us are trying to figure out how their delivery route would work.

I thought this would be a good topic and provide something to think about for those with build dates playing the waiting game.

Ford Bronco What do we know about the rail system utilized for shipping vehicles? A5ECF21D-FB17-4E41-8241-5D8ED5932667
Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We know that there are several different railroads involved depending on what part of the country you’re in

We know that it can be INCREDIBLY slow. According to CSX rail tracking, my rig has made it from Wayne to Walbridge, about 50 miles, in 5 days

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If I go on Amtrak (I know it's probably very different) but that has Detroit to Toledo to Pittsburgh to Philly, then back up to Newark Penn. I suppose the more stops the worse, as it makes your route more and more unique, and you would need to be waiting to be paired with the other builds. Unless in my case, this is a very popular route since I live in a dense area with a lot of consumers, such that Ford would be shipping a lot of other Ford vehicles to Newark (or Trenton).

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does Ford explicitly use CSX? Because their website has their system map

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Let’s also look into the locomotives used to pull the auto rail cars. This could be a critical piece of the infrastructure to get our Broncos to each of us on time. Also, where are they sourcing the diesel from?

Edit: My apologies for the early morning snarkiness. 😜

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Does Ford explicitly use CSX? Because their website has their system map
No, CSX, Union Pacific, Norfolk Southern, BNSF, probably others. And 1 bronco could be passed between multiple during its journey

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
0111521203 is my freight bill from www.palsapp.com

Any idea how to get information from that number?

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No, CSX, Union Pacific, Norfolk Southern, BNSF, probably others. And 1 bronco could be passed between multiple during its journey
Hmmm. Then too many variables. Maybe just about anything is game when it comes to the rail lines then. Not sure how much we could determine here. This sounds about as difficult as trying to figure out how a amazon package will be delivered to your door.

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was very intrigued to see the guy in lower NY get a Bronco shipped in a week. I’ve always wondered what type of route Ford (or their shipping company) would utilize to get to me in north NJ.

Do we have any insight on this? Here’s a map. I’m thinking in the case of the guy in NY, they went straight shot through Canada above Lake Erie through Buffalo and into Albany. To north Jersey looks like not too many straight shots. Maybe it would be a similar route as NY and would continue on down to Newark or Trenton.

Any Ford or logistics guys care to chime in? I’m sure many of us are trying to figure out how their delivery route would work.

I thought this would be a good topic and provide something to think about for those with build dates playing the waiting game.

Ford Bronco What do we know about the rail system utilized for shipping vehicles? A5ECF21D-FB17-4E41-8241-5D8ED5932667

I'm in Bergen County, according to my window sticker the delivery will be coming via convoy(truck). There is a link to monitor the shipment by entering the VIN. I was a 6/30 built date, nothing updated to in production, but the freight company does show record of the truck so thats a plus. From what I hear the convoy is faster than rail as it avoids the distribution centers and subsequent logistics from those locations

https://www.palsapp.com/

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@JTK37 Thanks. That's extremely helpful. Sounds like i have a high likelihood of being a convoy too - my dealer is in Bergen (Mahwah). I'll definitely keep a look out for how long your delivery takes.

Super Dave

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 20 ZL1, 02 Mustang GT, 16 QX80, 16 340i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just called the 800#, my Bronco was built on 6/30 shipped on 7/2… and is currently at Junction Point in Chicago traveling by rail.

Window sticker remains 6/30 blend date and 7/2 on bottom of sticker.

Best Regards,
Dave
Sponsored