Sponsored

What do you do when you don't want 35's on a daily driver...(Speedo Gear Changes)

When you don't Want 35's for a daily driver? What do you do?

• Total voters

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just get the unsquatched OBX and trade someone the painted flares for the unpainted flares.

And keep the 32" tires. You'll be fine, and will have saved yourself several thousand $$$ and if you want it lifted later and move up to 33" tires, you got the money.
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the same exact build AMB/Roast/Lux/2.7L, 4 dr, and found myself between BL, OBX sas, or a frankenstein. I'm going frankenstein and maxing out the tires ~33.5s on a non sas OBX. They just seem to fit without a lift and I get a ride height not too far off from a BL. The sas is just too much for family duties. Frankly, the OBX flares are so important to keep painted with AMB. The whole side slab will read as black without those pops of blue from the curved horizontal fenders. Without a AMB top, and little contours along the side, the car will read as black from the side view if you dont have painted flares. Think about it, theres nothing to catch the sun to get your pops of blue. Oh, and Im carrying over the steel bumper/bash plate, and higher gearing on OBX.

Last edited:
OP
OP
boxwood

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

AMB sans painted flares seems to work.. But that is a lot of SUN
Ford Bronco What do you do when you don't want 35's on a daily driver...(Speedo Gear Changes) 1607460944722

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Answer depends: how much will you off-road and need lockers?
If very little - then OBX and lift / tires later is your choice (maybe with a rear locker). (Keep in mind that Badlands and FE are loaded down with heavier bumpers and bash plates, etc.)

If you need the lockers, then Badlands or Squatch baby!

Sponsored
OP
OP
boxwood

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

OP
OP
boxwood

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Honestly, and it may sound silly. Part of the allure of the FE. is a Bronco has been my dream car.
I have had two early bronco's, both beaters and have dreamed of a modern equivalent open air vehicle. And am willing to pay(somewhat) for the uniqueness, albeit limited, of the FE.

Just weighing that against the... I also want to drive it everyday on roads.

The choice between badlands and OBX is almost a wash. would just decide what interior i want and if i really want the bumpers and such.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Honestly, and it may sound silly. Part of the allure of the FE. is a Bronco has been my dream car.
I have had two early bronco's, both beaters and have dreamed of a modern equivalent open air vehicle. And am willing to pay(somewhat) for the uniqueness, albeit limited, of the FE.

Just weighing that against the... I also want to drive it everyday on roads.

The choice between badlands and OBX is almost a wash. would just decide what interior i want and if i really want the bumpers and such.
Yes, it will be software based and any aftermarket tuner will give you tire size options. Plus if you get an aftermarket tuner you'll be able to adjust other things as well. I plan on getting one. I'm going with a SAS and might buy 33's to use as a daily as well. My jlu with 35s rides great though. 35s on 17" wheels are pretty stable and make for a great daily. I voted FE. Sounds like you already have one reserved. I think it will hold its value plus be unique. The only reason I might buy an extra set of 33s was to get more power....Stability isnt a concern. You didnt mention 2 door or 4 door, but the 4 door will look perfect with 35s.
Sponsored