Sponsored

What do you plan to do with old tires and wheels after upgrading?

Spiff89

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a First Edition in production and wondering if I upgrade should I keep the original wheels and tires? Don't plan to sell the Bronco anytime soon, but for collectibility or value of the Bronco later on. Plus would love to know what everyone is planning to do; LIke selling them to the dealership for credit towards new tires and wheels? If you keep them how will you store them?
Sponsored

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My dealer said no on credit for stock tires so I'm wondering the same thing regarding selling them almost immediately.

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m going with 37s and Method wheels, keeping stock setup to slap on when going in for warranty work. Don’t want to give them any excuses to void something.
Either your dealership is terrible or you're being way too cautious. I wouldn't worry at all about putting my stock wheels back on before going to the dealership for any kind of work. I've had many cars and even more wheel and tire combos and the dealer never once refused to work on them.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am going to sell my Badlands wheels and tires to the first person that can get me cash for them, plus hipping from CO to where ever.

Sponsored

IconicBronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Either your dealership is terrible or you're being way too cautious. I wouldn't worry at all about putting my stock wheels back on before going to the dealership for any kind of work. I've had many cars and even more wheel and tire combos and the dealer never once refused to work on them.
I changed the bumper on my Raptor and they were giving me grief. Dealership is across the street from my office or else I would go somewhere else.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I changed the bumper on my Raptor and they were giving me grief. Dealership is across the street from my office or else I would go somewhere else.
What grief could they possibly give you over the bumper. That would be like them giving you crap over putting a different raptor decal on it.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe keep the wheels but sell the tires on Craigslist or FB market place. New those tires are $350-$400 so I would list all 5 for $1k. Most dealerships won't give a credit for tires.

Sponsored

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm planning to swap out my wheels and store them in my storage unit for now. Not sure how they'll be worth more in the next 20 years, even if on a FE Bronco. I will sell them at some point or trade them. Not too worried, sure I could source some down the line if needed that bad.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I also have an FE and thinking I will keep the stockers and buy the beadlock rings for them and dedicate to off-road only. $1,000 ish for the rings is still considerably cheaper than 5 beadlock wheels...I think the cost of the 5 rings will buy you 1.7 Trail ready beadlock wheels! Although, the TR wheels may be much better in comparison but time will tell...

And I am not knocking TR beadlocks...I have a set on my EB and they are awesome!

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealership prices on tires are a rip off. I priced the General Grabbers I wanted from my dealership, and for the price of 4 tires I can get 5 from either Discount Tire or Tire Pros.

An actual tire shop may give you something for otherwise brand new tires, otherwise, you sell them on Craigslist.

My current plan is to keep my base rims, but if I can find a reasonable price on some BD pull-offs I'll buy those.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

315’s will go on my daughter’s JK.
New RTR wheels sitting in my garage.
New 35’s will be purchased, likely Kenda Klever RT KR601s.
Bronco Wheels will be sold.
Done.

Lurking4luv

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw gti, Nissan frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
If anyone in the tri state area (northeast) wants to sell their Black Diamond 17 inch steelies ...... please let me know. Im willing to travel to pick them up.
Sponsored