MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
soap and water, 10 year old Rap in the rust belt looking good.
Yep, get underneath when you wash your vehicle. Make it a point to pressure wash the undercarriage a minimum of twice a year. If you treat them well, they treat you well in return.
Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Make sure that when you wash it you get into all of the nooks and crannies. Dirt or mud left in the seams will allow water to eventually work it's way in between the panels. Another thing, as much as some may think it looks cool to drive around with your Bronco all muddy, the mud in a lot of places is acidic and will burn the paint if left on there too long.

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Deleted member 3063

Yep, get underneath when you wash your vehicle. Make it a point to pressure wash the undercarriage a minimum of twice a year. If you treat them well, they treat you well in return.
I do the wheel wells and under hood the best I can at my age but in the winter I hit the touchless car wash just for the under body spray on days above freezing. (y)

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Make sure that when you wash it you get into all of the nooks and crannies. Dirt or mud left in the seams will allow water to eventually work it's way in between the panels. Another thing, as much as some may think it looks cool to drive around with your Bronco all muddy, the mud in a lot of places is acidic and will burn the paint if left on there too long.
What is said here and in other similar posts above.

20 years ago I stopped adding mastic-type undercoats and protection to the undercarriage as they seem to cause more problems than they solved. In the winter I regularly wash the underside of my vehicles both using the touchless and the wand washes (depending on what isn’t busy at the time I do it) and I’ve not had corrosion issues on any of my Fords, Toyotas or Jeeps.

The key is to get the salt, dirt and other conductive mixtures off the steel, where it accelerates the galvanic corrosion.

Sponsored

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
AMMO Boost Anti-Salt

I apply it with a foam gun all over the vehicle and underneath. Let it sit in all of those places where salt will find its way and accelerate rust. Give it some dwell time to work its magic then hit it with a light rinse. So easy to use. Check out the video on Larry's page, in the link below. Amazing stuff! Actually, all of Larry's products are amazing!

AMMO Boost Salt 'Winter Wash'

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not a fan of any rust... I pressure wash n clean everything underneath n let dry. Next day I spray Stop rust on hardware, contact of different metals an anything suspect. Then I spray Bedliner on the entire underneath (body panels, frame, etc...). I pull my skid plates as well to spray both sides and to get around them...

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use a 22 year old Ford Ranger to prevent corrosion in my yet to be built Ford Bronco.
Sponsored