Sponsored

What document have you received from your dealer showing AGREED purchase price?

Bronco3388

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Varies
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

I'm new to this forum but I've read a LOT of threads and I'm just not sure I understand what this document is called.

I placed an order on day 1 pretty much for a high spec bronco and then got a golden ticket to convert to a Raptor because I was waiting for a painted roof I think. I've asked multiple times to different dealer reps via email and they never answer me or send me proof of ANY type of document that shows exact pricing but they assure me it is MSRP. I have lots of dates and times and names confirming. They verbally tell me over the phone MSRP many times but always an excuse and why they can't email me some type of formal docs. I received one for a 2022 Raptor which I thought was the official pricing sheet we agreed to showing MSRP but I found out they claim it is just an order summary that I had to sign and send back but it doesn't mean anything?

Finally converting to 2023 I've started emailing the dealer pushing this issue harder with a handful of their staff and they ignored me for a while but finally told me they changed their mind over the phone and want a MARK UP over MSRP because everyone else is doing it.
Sponsored

Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hate to tell you but you never had a written purchase agreement. I had one for my ā€˜22 order and have to go back and sign a new one with the updated pricing for the ā€˜23 since I got pushed.

rak2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 - sold
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here are some terms collected from the forum that might help with the discussion:

Disclaimer: text borrowed from various posts probably needs further definition and clarification for the various moving parts.

Purchase Order
VOC Vehicle Order Confirmation
DORA Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement
= order Preview Order sheet (commonly referred to on the forum as a DORA).
Priced DORA
Build Sheet

VOC- just a confirmation of receipt of the order. happens before a DORA is generated.

The V.O.C. shows that an order for the vehicle has been entered in the system, nothing more. A priced DORA is a commitment from Ford to build the vehicle, exactly how it's going to be built (which could be different from what's shown on the V.O.C.), and at the exact price. A dealer should always check the DORA against the VOC to make sure they're the same. It can take some time to get a DORA if the vehicle is hard to get, but usually we have them within a week. I rarely give a copy of a DORA to a customer, because 99% of the time it matches the VOC, and I don't see the need to add just one more piece of redundant paperwork. But if a customer wants a copy of it, not a problem. If you're stuck working with a dealer that's "not the best," or if your salesperson is a green pea, then a copy of the DORA is definitely a good idea.

DORA comes from Ford once they've agreed to build it, at a certain price. You'll have to get the DORA from your dealer- no one else has access to it.

Suggestion to get a written purchase agreement if possible, or at least have the DORA signed, and be sure to have a sales manager or GM sign the documents as there is no guarantee your salesperson will still be employed when your Bronco arrives. For this step you may have to actually visit the dealership.

WBDO = Fordā€™s ordering system.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I'm new to this forum but I've read a LOT of threads and I'm just not sure I understand what this document is called.

I placed an order on day 1 pretty much for a high spec bronco and then got a golden ticket to convert to a Raptor because I was waiting for a painted roof I think. I've asked multiple times to different dealer reps via email and they never answer me or send me proof of ANY type of document that shows exact pricing but they assure me it is MSRP. I have lots of dates and times and names confirming. They verbally tell me over the phone MSRP many times but always an excuse and why they can't email me some type of formal docs. I received one for a 2022 Raptor which I thought was the official pricing sheet we agreed to showing MSRP but I found out they claim it is just an order summary that I had to sign and send back but it doesn't mean anything?

Finally converting to 2023 I've started emailing the dealer pushing this issue harder with a handful of their staff and they ignored me for a while but finally told me they changed their mind over the phone and want a MARK UP over MSRP because everyone else is doing it.
Youā€™ll need an attorney present. You both should also sign your full legal name with a virgin montblanc pen and put a drop of your own blood on the page. Make sure to have it wax stamped, notarized, and placed in a safety deposit box until delivery. /s

In all seriousness donā€™t overthink it. Get something that has a final purchase price the sales manager is willing to sign.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Signed letter agreed to pricing for me with my Reservation #, on Dealer letterhead, and agreed pricing by model year and trim level in relation to MSRP/Invoice. Then signed buyers order - the problem I think with a buyers order is that generally, without a VIN, it becomes one of those potentials for "this car doesn't exist".

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I had a quote sheet from the dealer laying out ā€œMarket Value Selling Priceā€ (which in my case was MSRP), the taxes the tags, my deposit, and the Balance.

Since we were reordering by email, I did not have it signed by them. Looking back I should have, and should have had the Raptor model specified instead of just the order number.

What I did have was a response to the email where I sent in my signature confirming that they agreed the Balance was the balance due at delivery.

I also had a text from my salesperson that as a GT holder the price would be MSRP.

I brought print outs of all those things ā€”DORA, signed quote, email and response, text messages ā€” with me. Didnā€™t need them.

Hatā€™s off to Chris and Taylor at Crossroads Ford of Apex, NC.

Ford Bronco What document have you received from your dealer showing AGREED purchase price? 5121DFA8-0CCE-41F2-9C83-3E666DD8FBD2

OP
OP

Bronco3388

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Varies
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thank you everyone for the responses. It feels like I thought I was playing a fair game but now I find out I was playing with a loaded deck where the house has the advantage.

They played me and ignored my requests in writing and me being an honest consumer, I took their verbal word for it. Several of their staff have been fired or turned over so itā€™s not easy trying to find someone who still works their for the past 2 years.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

On my BL purchase I just had a txt saying MSPR and it worked. Like you have experienced, the reputation of the dealership is really what will make the difference.

rak2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 - sold
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Are there known principles or 'rules' that can be used to create a binding contract with the dealership to not only set the price, but also declare a specific vehicle configuration and other areas of individual sensitivity?

The OP's original question was of interest for me as I would want to 'order' a vehicle with a specific configuration (and perhaps other individual wants) and am not seeing anything in the dealer paperwork that folks are declaring to be a 'contract' and otherwise the final word on the specifications/terms of the purchase.

Do dealerships have Purchase Agreements that can be amended with negotiated points between buyer and seller?

The answer might be, due primarily to differences in state or local governmental statutes about commerce, that each individual is on their own to engage a lawyer to draw up a purchase agreement / contract or take on the legal arrangements as a DIY project.

From the various reports here (and elsewhere on the web) it seems like many dealerships will push hard to avoid anything in writing and signed as indications of an agreement.

How lost am I? Is there an existing Purchase Agreement in the dealership community that is commonly used and perhaps commonly negotiated? Or am I too deep in wishful thinking and being unrealistic to think that a dealership will commit to anything?

It would seem an honest dealership would not be afraid of a binding contract that they can negotiate the terms for in advance and not engage in if the buyer is unreasonable in their detailed requests.

Disclaimer: Have not ordered yet. Waiting on the sidelines for things to clear up and some not-yet-available features.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First, I had a great Dealer. Purchased a Ranger and Bronco through them. MNSRP, no games. Paperwork took 5 minutes and out the door. What I have seen over this last 2 years; PEOPLE ARE NOT PROTECTING THEMSELVES.
My Suggestion, this is what I did.
1. Find a Dealer that will sell at MSRP. Start with emails. Get the MSRP in the email. Save it and print it out. Now besides the MSRP, there are a lot of ways a Dealer can get you.
2. Get a letter, yes a letter from the General Manager (I got one from the Owner) also guaranteeing MSRP.
3. The DORA order sheet needs to be signed by both parties. IMO, this is NOT good enough. Seems like this is what most are doing and are also getting screwed when their Bronco comes in. In addition, verify that the DORA is accurate!
4. When you go in to order, be prepared. I went in with a "Order Addendum" already printed out. This additional contract, in simple terms, drawn up by me covered; MSRP pricing, reiterated Ford's price guarantee, document fee not to exceed $100.00, no extras (described) and finally; free Dealer paid installation of any accessories purchased through the Dealer.
5. Lastly, negotiate your trade in if you have one. Here is another place to screw you....give you nothing for your trade (so the final deal on delivery...you get shafted). I did this on my Ranger. Trading in an F150. They gave me a great KBB price (more than it cost me 5 years earlier). The Sales Manager got nervous in the event trade values went down so he added a clause, something to the effect $XXXX price or adjusted due to any KBB adjustment. His assumption was value may go down. Well, 4 months later when the Ranger came in, it went up and I got another $500.00 Some will say you can't do this. I am proof you can. Especially if you are ordering now. Broncos are being delivered quicker than the early reservation holders.

I would attempt all of this. The trade-in piece may be more difficult, but not impossible. This is a huge area where they could get you easy for $5K. So you get the Bronco at MSRP but get shafted for less $ on the trade. End result, you got screwed.

Just my thoughts but you must, GET A WRITTEN CONTRACT, STATEMENT OR JUST AN EMAIL. Have them sign it! The Order sheet is not enough. PROTECT YOURSELF.

All this makes everything very clear and up front. My Bronco came in. Everything was perfect. The paperwork was all in order per our agreements and literally took less than 5 minutes to complete!

Here are my 2 rides from Wilson Ford in Corvallis Oregon. Salesman Codi Branch. I highly recommend both of them!
Ford Bronco What document have you received from your dealer showing AGREED purchase price? CodiCraigBronco
Ford Bronco What document have you received from your dealer showing AGREED purchase price? SideFront

Bronco now looks like this:
Ford Bronco What document have you received from your dealer showing AGREED purchase price? InManCave

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are there known principles or 'rules' that can be used to create a binding contract with the dealership to not only set the price, but also declare a specific vehicle configuration and other areas of individual sensitivity?

The OP's original question was of interest for me as I would want to 'order' a vehicle with a specific configuration (and perhaps other individual wants) and am not seeing anything in the dealer paperwork that folks are declaring to be a 'contract' and otherwise the final word on the specifications/terms of the purchase.

Do dealerships have Purchase Agreements that can be amended with negotiated points between buyer and seller?

The answer might be, due primarily to differences in state or local governmental statutes about commerce, that each individual is on their own to engage a lawyer to draw up a purchase agreement / contract or take on the legal arrangements as a DIY project.

From the various reports here (and elsewhere on the web) it seems like many dealerships will push hard to avoid anything in writing and signed as indications of an agreement.

How lost am I? Is there an existing Purchase Agreement in the dealership community that is commonly used and perhaps commonly negotiated? Or am I too deep in wishful thinking and being unrealistic to think that a dealership will commit to anything?

It would seem an honest dealership would not be afraid of a binding contract that they can negotiate the terms for in advance and not engage in if the buyer is unreasonable in their detailed requests.

Disclaimer: Have not ordered yet. Waiting on the sidelines for things to clear up and some not-yet-available features.
Agreed.
If a Dealer refuses to put any of the agreement in writing....RUN don't just walk to a better and honest Dealership.

computertom

Raptor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'80 911SC, '22 Raptor, & '22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just go above the folks you're talking to. I had to. Not that the sales guy wasn't being helpful, he was helping a LOT of Bronco order folks. I was just one of many. But I think he was totally out of his depth with me.

I've seen these called all sorts of things, but go for a signed Motor Vehicle Purchase Contract. It should have a place for a signatory from the dealership and for you to sign and date. In my case it is signed by the Sales Manager and lists everything.

All these folks signing napkins, emails, matchbooks, print outs of text messages ... folks, why are you making it so hard? You're buying an $80K truck! Get a signed contract! Every dealer has these. Offer them a deposit with it. Show them you are serious. You are serious, aren't you? (Not saying this to the OP, just to folks in general. This is a business deal, make it real for everyone.)

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a text copy of my DORA from April of 21. Nothing in writing, nothing signed, and it's been so long since I ordered I think I am on my 3rd salesman.

I don't expect to pay that price though. I do expect them to honor the MY22 price protection.

I do have a text from one of the salesdrones that says "no dealer adds". As an electronic communication, that's technically an actionable statement.

OP
OP

Bronco3388

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Varies
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm definitely upset over the "bait and switch" tactic they used. I did it online and would have switched dealers long ago except I spoke with a manager in 2021 who confirmed MSRP over the phone but said they couldn't email me because I opted out of marketing emails.

I'm pretty sure a lawyer could take my email records showing where I asked for a document and I received a order summary asking for my signature, drivers license so my order could be placed. Nothing else ever mentioned...that is a bait and switch consumer protection claim.

I just dealt with this again on a Hummer EV preorder this morning where they are emailing me they will sell at MSRP but don't have a document to confirm this for me LOL.

Interesting the FTC has a NEW RULE pending about this exact practice from automotive dealers, see here, might go in effect soon enough for it actually matter with the bronco dealers:
https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/new...-fees-bait-switch-tactics-plaguing-car-buyers

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm definitely upset over the "bait and switch" tactic they used. I did it online and would have switched dealers long ago except I spoke with a manager in 2021 who confirmed MSRP over the phone but said they couldn't email me because I opted out of marketing emails.

I'm pretty sure a lawyer could take my email records showing where I asked for a document and I received a order summary asking for my signature, drivers license so my order could be placed. Nothing else ever mentioned...that is a bait and switch consumer protection claim.

I just dealt with this again on a Hummer EV preorder this morning where they are emailing me they will sell at MSRP but don't have a document to confirm this for me LOL.

Interesting the FTC has a NEW RULE pending about this exact practice from automotive dealers, see here, might go in effect soon enough for it actually matter with the bronco dealers:
https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/new...-fees-bait-switch-tactics-plaguing-car-buyers
Several here and on the FB pages have resorted to putting these dealers on blast , where the masses all started calling them out on their shady practices.
Some won, some lost.

I started with a great dealer.
Beforehand, I took the time to learn the Ford website and figured out how to switch dealers to a reputable dealer on opening reservation night.

This dealer, with no input from me, as is their standard practice, generated the DORA at order time with invoice pricing listed, we then hand wrote in the EXACT fees (paperwork, sales tax etc etc) and generated a GRAND TOTAL.

IMPORTANT:
Subtracted from that GRAND TOTAL was an additional $500 down payment I made directly to them BECAUSE .... the exchange of currency, shown and agreed on, on a co-signed document is an extremely powerful legal document if it started to go south.
We made copies of the DORA with the math and did original signatures on each, so we both had originals.

DO NOT LISTEN TO THE ... " ZERO DOLLAR DOWN" crowd. If they are so tight that they cannot part with a few hundo down to protect their pricing, they deserve the ADM.

That down payment shown in the math with all the other detailed pricing is a HUGE document to have.

If a dealer doesn't want to physically sign off on pricing, expect bad news later. If possible, find a new dealer.
Yes, I'm aware this is currently not possible with current Bronco orders, just speaking in general terms.

But remind them, contracts exist to protect BOTH parties involved.
Sponsored