Sponsored

What does a Tesla, U-Haul Truck and a Bronco have in common?

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Answer: You can find them all on the Rowher flats off-road trail.

I took my first trip to Rowher Flats in souther california for a day of light off-roading. When things got weird.

On the trail a motorcyclist approached me and said "you might not make it all the way to the top, there is a u-haul blocking the trail trying to load a Tesla... " I was confused... I said thank you and i'de be on the lookout for it. I started imagining scenarios, maybe it was for a movie, maybe a YouTube stunt...we are in Southern California after all.

I kept driving and sure enough, there it was.
Ford Bronco What does a Tesla, U-Haul Truck and a Bronco have in common? Screen Shot 2022-11-25 at 8.42.42 AM

When I got there this large u-haul was towing a rented car trailer, in an attempt to recover the Tesla.
He removed the trailer and with the aid of 3 others (who were stuck behind him) and myself we moved the trailer off to the side, where he abandoned it. Those car trailers from U-haul are very heavy.

Then he attempted to get the u-haul turned around. This was at the widest spot on the trail and even there it was close.

Ford Bronco What does a Tesla, U-Haul Truck and a Bronco have in common? Screen Shot 2022-11-25 at 8.33.34 AM

Ford Bronco What does a Tesla, U-Haul Truck and a Bronco have in common? Screen Shot 2022-11-25 at 8.34.00 AM

Eventually he got the u-haul turned around and decided he would try and drive the Tesla out instead of trying to load it into the u-haul. He offered 60 bucks to help drive the u-haul back while he drove the Tesla. I respectfully declined, turned on my trail-turn assist and headed back back down the mountain. lol.

What a major s**t show, and something I never thought i'de see on the side of a mountain. I'll have to go back again to do the whole trail.

And here are my glory shots from the day.

Ford Bronco What does a Tesla, U-Haul Truck and a Bronco have in common? Screen Shot 2022-11-25 at 8.55.31 AM

Ford Bronco What does a Tesla, U-Haul Truck and a Bronco have in common? DSC05053-2
Sponsored

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let me rent the biggest U-Haul truck I can to drive up a mountain and recover a car. Sheesh

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Love it, Got Mud!