Sponsored

What does having Reservation really mean?

Coryatver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What does having a reservation actually do for you? Seems like it does not guarantee you will get one, doesn’t guarantee pricing, or anything. It seems to me it’s just a way for the dealer to get your contact information. Any incite into this?

I think if you really want to make sure you get one you need to be in close contact with your dealer and get on there wait list and put down real money(1000+) if you really want to get one.

I guess what I’m saying is if you don’t do that and you got 100 reserve on one Online and the dealer has a list of 100 people with big down payment for one they gonna get one not you?
Sponsored

Fatherdeath

Wildtrak
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 GMC Denali XL, 2017 Audi S6, 2010 F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
from my understanding and talking with my dealer it locks in the price + options so your safe from market adjustments, and it does get you in line for when orders start happening so your way ahead of the line

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Basically puts you ahead of the line at your dealer

OP
OP

Coryatver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have doubts about it

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Understandable that you may have doubts, especially seeing how reservations have gone... starting from the first minute of reveal.

However, there is no denying that a reservation is your best shot at getting one by next Summer. It doesn't guarantee anything but it sure ups the probability.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Coryatver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m thinking being first on your dealers actual list with 1 to 5k down gives you better probability and ahead of someone that has 100 down reservation and some people are going to get screwed. There is so many unknowns with this process and nothing is promised if you read the fine print.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They cant guarantee anything as unless you are buying in cash (Ford does not know that) there will be financing/credit, any price negotiations, and any other making the deal items like a trade as well. Not to mention tire kickers who have $100 to blow and get back when they cancel...some will just do that anyway as news comes out (like no sasclutch).

Not to mention the buyer has the option to walk too at any point in this. Say a Karen has a reservation and on Team Shirt day does not like the fact the sales guy is not wearing a tie has a breakdown and leaves.

If my dealer calls and asks about a dealer reservation. I will discuss with them. I am open if certain guarantees would be provided in writing with a clearly worded contract. If you are in a low ford dealership to near by other dealerships volume could be high at that dealership and work with the volume based on reservation number (would seem fair) at $x to cut to the chase.

Myself there are a decent number of ford dealerships and I do expect dealerships to do well from a volume standpoint (looking at the invoice to MSRP list options and volume will be king). I am not too worried.

Walt460

Wildtrak
First Name
Wilt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I read today that it really doesnt mean that much in the scheme of things for the consumer. It doesnt guarantee you anything other than a chance of being a little earlier to the game. It's basically you paying Ford for them to do market research on a new model from what I can see. I piss $100 away for a lot less so I figured I would play along too. Not expecting much special treatment to come out of it though.

dhg1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford's FAQ on reservations states that all reservations will be completed prior to production of stock units.

While a reservation doesn't guarantee delivery because it's not an order, you should receive yours before anyone who didn't reserve one can buy one from dealer lots.

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If I switch dealerships at the time of ordering, does that mean I go the the back of the line for that dealers orders?
Or is my place in line based on my time of reservation compared to all other reservations on the Ford website?

Sponsored

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dealers will not get any of their own allocations until the reservations are built. In other words if you are trying to buy from dealer stock you are S.O.L. The reservations basically give the allocations to you, the buyer, not to the dealer which is a good thing.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Dealers will not get any of their own allocations until the reservations are built. In other words if you are trying to buy from dealer stock you are S.O.L. The reservations basically give the allocations to you, the buyer, not to the dealer which is a good thing.
That’s why I was hoping for.

GreenWaveBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Essentially, these are just 0% interest loans for Ford. THAT is the true reason they are doing this. I will say though, don't mind giving that loan for a place in line.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Essentially, these are just 0% interest loans for Ford. THAT is the true reason they are doing this. I will say though, don't mind giving that loan for a place in line.
$100 loan even if there are 100k deposits is like pocket change to Ford.. I really don't believe its a loan...

Especially since the $100 deposits went directly to the dealer (that is who shows up on you credit card statement)...

Just saying...

Deleted member 3063

Not to be a downer but reserved Broncos will be built first while the workers are being trained and the assembly process kinks are being worked out. :eek:
That's just the opinion of someone who worked in auto/truck assembly plants for 34 years.
Sponsored