Sponsored

What does today's announcement mean for 2 door buyers ?

GeorgeFromDallas

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2012 Fisker Karma, F150, F250, F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My theory:

If the 2-door was much of a constraint as we speculate, Ford would have added some verbiage suggesting that 2-door customers should convert to a 4-door, to “ensure a sooner MY21 build date.” Just like they told 4-door mic top customers to switch to soft top….

Glass half-full theory, of course….but the glass is always still half-empty.:unsure:

From a 2nd hour 7/13 rsvp holder, no vin, no build date. There were still FE slots available at the time, but I opted for the Badlands.

2-Door Badlands, Squatched, LUX (tow removed to appease the “almighty algorithm”)

Good luck everyone.
Sponsored

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My theory:

If the 2-door was much of a constraint as we speculate, Ford would have added some verbiage suggesting that 2-door customers should convert to a 4-door, to “ensure a sooner MY21 build date.” Just like they told 4-door mic top customers to switch to soft top….

Glass half-full theory, of course….but the glass is always still half-empty.:unsure:

From a 2nd hour 7/13 rsvp holder, no vin, no build date. There were still FE slots available at the time, but I opted for the Badlands.

2-Door Badlands, Squatched, LUX (tow removed to appease the “almighty algorithm”)

Good luck everyone.
This is my build plus tow.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm hoping you're still good, but my 2dr has slid all the way from 6/28 to 8/9 and I bet it's not done sliding. They didn't update me for any of the delays except the last one, just got an email 40 minutes ago.
mine just got pushed back from 7/26 - 8/9

Hopefully this time holds.

OP
OP
blacksquatched

blacksquatched

Black Diamond
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

See there Lilj……we might be better off than the long crush of the 4dr soft top crowd. At least that’s how I’m gonna interpret PREMiERdrums post. Come on back to the cool kids build. We miss you.
This is the one, plus no mention of 2 door MIC delays has to be a good thing.

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is the one, plus no mention of 2 door MIC delays has to be a good thing.
Yep, and there was some promising dialogue on the other site between BN and Ford regarding the 2dr issue. After the last letter the 2dr question was ignored.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

6am, 7/16 here. Ye hath given me hope.

Definitely moreso than facking Ferd.
I am 7/14 @1600. Two door all the way. I was barely within my dealer’s allocations and already know orders behind me have been pulled in front. So even if I have an early res will I be screwed by allocations?

OP
OP
blacksquatched

blacksquatched

Black Diamond
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep, and there was some promising dialogue on the other site between BN and Ford regarding the 2dr issue. After the last letter the 2dr question was ignored.
you have a link? Basically if ford is giving up on the prospect of painted tops anytime soon, this allows ramp up of production of MIC. This combined with 4 doors switching to soft top means 2 door mic situation has improved....?

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@PREMiERdrum I think I speak for everyone when I say thank you for helping (or trying at least) to keep us sane. What I'd really like to know...now that Ford has announced that they "won't be able to solely produce customers orders as hoped", are they going to allow dealer stock with MIC tops or other commodity constraints? Since they're going this route, the RIGHT thing to do would be to only accept dealer stock orders with no constraints, ie 2.3 non-Squatch 4dr soft tops without towing, Lux, etc. They've pissed a lot of people off over the past year and the whole pandemic excuse is wearing a little thin, as that obviously was not their only issue. Thoughts?

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am 7/14 @1600. Two door all the way. I was barely within my dealer’s allocations and already know orders behind me have been pulled in front. So even if I have an early res will I be screwed by allocations?
This is my worry as well.

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a 2-door with mid and 2.7. I called Ford Marketing on Wednesday and they said I was bumped to mid-July. After all of today's announcements, I assumed there would be another round (or two) of algorithm adjustments coming. On a lark, I just checked for my window sticker and...it's there (wasn't there yesterday). I'm still nearly 3 weeks out, so this is surprising.

As VIN emails started landing last April I was encouraged that the forum might become a place of celebration on most Thursdays as we approached the height of summer. It didn't turn out that way. And although I'm enormously grateful that my reservation is in production, the experience for the overall community has been fraught. Even for Ford.

Almost all of this derives from conditions created by the pandemic. Many of us lost family members. I lost my dad, and he would have really enjoyed seeing this truck. And, to be blunt, while I'm not exactly ashamed to post my news, I'm keenly aware that it's become a raw nerve for so many.

In any event, a 2-door will be going to this early reservation holder. And I sincerely hope that this forum does, eventually, see a shift toward aftermarket components, build journals, and mods. Hang in there, everyone.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since they're going this route, the RIGHT thing to do would be to only accept dealer stock orders with no constraints, ie 2.3 non-Squatch 4dr soft tops without towing, Lux, etc.
I will be shocked if dealers don't demand a share of constrained items for stock orders. Although this will delay some reservations with constraints, Ford caves to dealer demands even when it hurts individual reservation holders (e.g. allocations).

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. There are regions where stock ragtops will be hard to sell, so I assume those dealers will find a way to wholesale them to calif dealers and such.

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

2 doors have to just bite the bullet. I do wish there was a soft top option to possibly speed things up, but I am going to just patiently wait because 2 Door is what I want. The only thing that sort of annoys me is that they "won't be able to solely produce customers orders as hoped". I take this as making a reservation and putting up with this roller coaster ride means less now that average joe will be able to buy one off the lot before some of us who have been in line since the beginning. But, I get it, Ford needs to make money.
It’s also to keep the factory running and keep the employees employed. If the factory can produce convertible Broncos but there are not enough convertible Bronco reservations then the logical thing is to just produce them for dealer lots.
Sponsored