Sponsored

What does your wife think of the new Bronco?

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
My wife is totally into it. We have almost identical tastes in cars and motorcycles. She got her motorcycle license after we met, we rode all over the northeastern US and Canada, we've done several road trips together across the US and Europe, we've done autocrossing together, attended motorcycle shows, car shows, she's come to watch me race at the track (ChampCar Series), etc., encouraged me to join a local car club which owned an Alfa 4C, Shelby GT350, Viper, M3, 911 and a WRX STI. She's a keeper.

Her requests for the Bronco are, #1: Manual Transmission, #2: 2-Door body style, #3: Green (if offered, ideally something drabby or retro), Cactus Grey (if possible w/ our trim selection), or Carbonized Grey (my choice if we go base, she agrees).

At this point we're leaning towards a Carbonized Grey 2-Door Basemansquatch.
Sponsored

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My wife says the new Broncos are UGLY. She doesn't understand the retro styling that has taken most of us back to our earlier days when we could only dream of having a 60's or 70's Bronco. Since it looks like only me and the grandkids will be riding, I may have to reconsider a 2 door ;).
Tell your wife to stop trying to be a negative Nancy. I kid I kid JK man.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

She likes the overall look and is on board with me getting a new vehicle. Not sure how wild she is about my getting it next year. I think she wanted hers paid off first, but that's still 2 years out. Think I'm more likely to pay a markup at that time.

She's not digging the Cyber Orange, which has surprisingly ended up being my favorite, but she's willing to deal if that's what I want.

We'll see what her reaction is when she has to climb in and out of it the first few times. She's 5' 0"...

geronika

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My wife hasn't liked a single vehicle I've driven since 2005, why would things change now?

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Only response so far is "its your money..." which is the answer I needed.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
She wants build and price to go live so I can figure out what trim to get and shut up about it for 10 minutes lol

TXBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine isn't into cars/trucks/anything with a motor like I am, but does appreciate them for what they are....I think mainly because I'm so into it. She would always tell me NO when I would bring up buying a new truck. I finally gave up but always reminded her we need to replace her aging van and my single cab pick up ( we have 2 small kids) eventually. I've never been this excited for a new launch and she has listened and pretended to be interested in what I tell her lol. Which was CONSTANT. When she finally saw it after the reveal, she told me it looked good and she approved. Said I was lucky even the 4 door looked good AND like a Bronco should cuz that's the only way I'm getting one?(we don't buy things unless we have the cash for it)
I took that as a win and haven't bothered her with new info anymore...
Now all I have to do is try not to spend too much.....and likely let her have final approval on color.

texmln

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why, she loves the turbocharged engines of course. What girl wouldn't?

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Steps:

1. Talk to girls
2. Aquire wife or at least a girlfriend
3. Ask her what she thinks about Bronco

I’m still working on step one...
You’re doing it wrong.
1. Talk to girls.
2. Ask what they think about the new Bronco
3. If no, back to steps one and two
4. If yes, you have something to work with.
5. If she wants her own, then wife.

Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Baby steps for me.
1. New Superduty
2. New whateverthehell she wants
3. New Bronco

It will be easier to find out how she feels when they start hitting the streets, and I start getting whiplash and have to talk about it. We were exploring the desert this spring, and she said “Off-roading is fun!” I’m saving that for later.

Musclecarconvrt

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Bronco, 1969 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My wife is 100% on board. We have an old 1987 Bronco that is beat all to hell, but still going and she loves it. We are both planning on a BD Mansquatch to drive into the woods for fun.

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My wife is not a fan because it means I'll be trading my F150 and that means her Tacoma will have to do "truck" duty (she actually tried telling me it wasn't suitable for dump run duty because it has a carpet in the bed....lmao its a bedrug, its made from recycled plastic and it can be hosed out so...). At this point though, there isn't really a lot of truck duty necessary since we sold out TT so...

It also means I might actually spend some money on MY vehicle for once (she literally orders crap for her truck every week, apparently it doesn't count if its under $100 in her mind but she's nickel and diming my budget to death).

My (nearly) 16yr old daughter told me to "get one if I want one, who cares what mom thinks, she got what she wanted". I think she wants to be able to drive it when she gets her license...

I haven't preordered and I likely won't. When they start hitting the lots is when things could get interesting though. probably going to want either a squatched BD or BL.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife loves the new Bronco.