Sponsored

What does your wife think of the new Bronco?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My husband is concerned it’s going to look cooler than his truck, and has already attempted some absurd power plays like “how about when we’re together then I drive the bronco”

Hahaha I’ve already told my wife I’m driving it all the time when we’re together! I’ll have my Challenger for speed and her Bronco for driving over large things.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco would have been a much easier sell in terms of my wife, had it been available when we lived in Colorado, and went off-road exploring all the time. Or even last year when we needed and bought a new car.

When finally available (2022?), we might not even be living in the USA full time. And also I buy things for real utility use. So I won't buy a Bronco just to imagine using the capability.

Time will tell if I ever get a new Bronco. Not withstanding that, I very much like what Ford has done with the Bronco, and hope it is a raging success for all parties.

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine prefers the Jeep, but has been very supportive. She is trying to talk me into changing my order to a Badlands. She knows how much I originally wanted the 12" screen....and we both kinda like the BL interior a bit better than the BD.

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My wife really likes the look of the Bronco and has been very supportive of me getting it. Even encouraged me to move up from BB to an OBX. Had to be a 4Dr though so we had room for when we travel and take the dogs. She even liked the AMB as the color. Will be fun to take on trips when it gets here!

Sponsored

snoopcat

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife thinks I have hit a late life crisis. Probably true!

Recently my company did away with the company car program and went to an allowance. I have been driving 4 door sedans for 20 years. Had a Ranger 4x4 end Expedition prior to that. Have not decided yet on the Bronco as I would like to see the 2022 Ranger more to compare.

With all that said I was told if I get the Bronco it will have to Cactus Gray or Area 51. No issue there as I like both.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine's excited for me, tho' she was shocked when I told her the order was $50k! But she realizes this is likely my last truck...(I'm 67)...she's already said she won't ride with the door off, so do I get one tube door? LOL Likely have to get 2. . .

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With both of us, it was love at first sight (the Bronco, that is ;)). On reveal night, I thought for sure she was going to want Outer Banks. After we got into lots of photos "in the wild," she didn't like OB's painted flares. So I switched thinking to Badlands. She likes the OB grille better than Badlands, though. Also, originally we were looking at Cactus because that Cactus/white top unicorn looked cool. Now it's A51/MIC. She's let me handle all of the details, as I've checked off all of the boxes that matter to her. 😄

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife thinks that the Bronco is boxy and ugly, but she is supportive of me getting what I want.
I thought that she would appreciate it more since she is a farm girl. It would be different if it was a F150 4x4. I think that she will like it once she drives it with the top off. She is not hinting for a new ride but if things work out I would like to get her a truck after the Bronco is paid off. She puts up with me she deserves it and I already have plans to borrow it from time to time :)

Sponsored

Step

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I haven’t told my wife about it yet. She wants a pop-up camper for her 40th birthday and that will be a surprise. The other day she told me that she liked the jeep gladiator around the corner from us because it had a little bit of everything that we needed. I guarantee she will like the bronco better than the gladiator

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife is getting one. I tried to sell her on the idea and she was luke warm, but then saw A51 in a magazine and she was sold.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t told my wife about it yet. She wants a pop-up camper for her 40th birthday and that will be a surprise. The other day she told me that she liked the jeep gladiator around the corner from us because it had a little bit of everything that we needed. I guarantee she will like the bronco better than the gladiator
Living dangerously, I approve. Your wife's approval of the gladiator is a good sign.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife is getting one. I tried to sell her on the idea and she was luke warm, but then saw A51 in a magazine and she was sold.
Did she come to you with the magazine and show it to you and say, "Look what I found? I think we should get this!" As though it was her original idea? :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored