Sponsored

What does your wife think of the new Bronco?

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm going to surprise her when I bring it home, but she will be ecstatic when she finds out I got a car that can actually hold stuff in it for once.
Sponsored

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can see in my wifes face anytime I bring up the Bronco shes just putting up with my excitement. She likes the look but shes a VW purist.
That is a great wife. Be sure to compliment the looks of those VW's.

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wife hated the idea of one since I brought it up a year or so ago. She said an SUV isn’t as good as a truck for hauling stuff. Which translates to “ain’t no way in hell you’re putting dead deer inside an SUV”.

I convincingly started my counterpoint that as soon-to-be empty nesters, we could get a 2 door. Have so much more room in the garage to be able to buy more motorcycles. Would be fun with the 7 speed. Would be more maneuverable in the city. We could take the top off and fold the rear seats down and pretend we’re 16 again. We could buy a trailer for deer, firewood, etc. I was great. Point/counterpoint, every argument had a great rebuttal.

Our new truck should be here any day now.
Tie dead deer on hood. Wash blood off. Problem solved.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wife seems indifferent with it. If I had to guess on her biggest gripe, it would be the cost of the one I want. But yesterday I did get some progress. I had the Bronco page up and she was like, "I love that color! What is that?" It was area 51.

Sponsored

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wife seems indifferent with it. If I had to guess on her biggest gripe, it would be the cost of the one I want. But yesterday I did get some progress. I had the Bronco page up and she was like, "I love that color! What is that?" It was area 51.
Reminds me of when I used to ride HD. My best friend and riding buddy's wife got an HD as well. When I asked which model he said that was the wrong question as I should be asking what color. As that was her determing factor lol.

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Steps:

1. Talk to girls
2. Aquire wife or at least a girlfriend
3. Ask her what she thinks about Bronco

I’m still working on step one...
There have to be quite a few female Bronco fans on this forum with almost 10K members. Some must be single.

Come on ladies, PM Nick.... he loves Broncos AND is a moderator.

:)

P.S. Oh and you get bonus points if you have a car he can use.

Sponsored

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife doesn't know about my Bronco obsession. I'm sure she suspects something is up. The rapid internet page shutdowns when she enters the room, the mysterious $100 charge at the ford dealership.

Wife - "Did you spend $100 at Granger Ford?"
me - "yes"
Wife - looking at me for further explanation.
me - looking back
Wife - "OK" and leaves.

Plus the frequent trips to the garage with the tape measure. The map of the badlands I accidentally left open on the browser along with open tabs for tires.....

Just so you don't get the wrong idea, as of today, I've officially spent 2/3's of my life with her and plan on finishing the ride.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wife is on board 100%. She likes how excited I get about them. She has wanted a Jeep for a while but is also not a Chrysler fan. Two of her cousins have 4 door Jeeps...one being a Rubicon and while we were dating I had my lifted 90 Bronco E.B. we would go off road in with buddies in college.

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
She loves the 4-door and dislikes the 2-door. So I guess I'm getting a 4-door. :D
I have been married for many years. What's the secret friends have asked. I have embraced compromise. I love compromise. I eventually get what I want even if it's a compromise.