Sponsored

What does your wife think of the new Bronco?

CascadianCorvid

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife loves it. She insists on a wash out interior, but otherwise I get to pick all of the options. So, it looks like an upgraded Badsquatch is in our future. (Or, if I can magically get the wash out features on a Wildtrak)
We have a BRZ and a Forester. We decided to keep the BRZ, and trade in the Forester, which has been her daily driver. So it'll be a pretty cool garage, in my opinion. Little black sports car, and big black sasquatch.
Sponsored

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wife is accepting of it. From some past experiences she hates Jeeps and was not pleased with the idea that I was looking at Wranglers and Gladiators while waiting on the Bronco reveal. The thought of me buying a Jeep has helped her approval on it and the red herring that I could always go look at Jeeps again approach is playing out fairly well so far. ?

CascadianCorvid

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wife is accepting of it. From some past experiences she hates Jeeps and was not pleased with the idea that I was looking at Wranglers and Gladiators while waiting on the Bronco reveal. The thought of me buying a Jeep has helped her approval on it and the red herring that I could always go look at Jeeps again approach is playing out fairly well so far. ?
I was looking at Gladiators too. My wife wasn't super keen on them. This is much more desirable, in so many ways.

AKaye

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Corvette Grand Sport, 2005 Ford Focus SES
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My wife definitely prefers the Bronco Sport over the Bronco which is fair I think. If the capabilities of a Bronco is not appealing I can understand how the Sport is preferred. Both look fantastic IMO.

She doesn't believe I'll follow through with getting the Bronco when they start deliveries since I tend to change my mind frequently on my 'next' car. But the Bronco seems to be the perfect blend of roof off fun for her and our son, ease of tuning and modability of the ecoboost, and good daily as I plan on a Big Bend over the more offroad oriented models. Plus, manual trans to keep me regressing into a car only for the manual. I'm pretty deadset on it and I think I can prove her wrong this time... :rolleyes:

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife likes old Jeeps and other topless 4x4s like FJ40 Cruisers which she also calls Jeeps lol. She learned to drive manual on an old CJ. She likes the Bronco? Will probably call it a Jeep.

We are both car people. She drives German sedans and I drive Japanese Turbos. I’ve had trucks in the past, Toyota Pick ups, 4runner, explorer but mostly end up buying cars. Really looking forward to riding high topless and doorless on the beach.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My wife loves it but doesn’t want me to sell the Corvette for it... lol maybe I’ll have to have both?

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
After the July 13th reveal she walked into the living room and she said “umm. I just saw the new Bronco on instagram. That’s definitely one of “your” vehicles isnt it?”

i said YEP!!!!!!

I reserved a Big Bend a few hours later. Within a day she had talked me into ordering a Wildtrak :love:
It must be true love

Hyperforming

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife loves it. She insists on a wash out interior, but otherwise I get to pick all of the options. So, it looks like an upgraded Badsquatch is in our future. (Or, if I can magically get the wash out features on a Wildtrak)
We have a BRZ and a Forester. We decided to keep the BRZ, and trade in the Forester, which has been her daily driver. So it'll be a pretty cool garage, in my opinion. Little black sports car, and big black sasquatch.
I’ve been eyeballing the BRZ for a while. Closest thing to a 240sx these days. Sounds like you’ll have some fun options.

Blackandbluebronco

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
She likes it. She likes the look of the older boxy SUV’s and thinks most of the newer ones look like oversized mini vans.

Sponsored

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Steps:

1. Talk to girls
2. Aquire wife or at least a girlfriend
3. Ask her what she thinks about Bronco

I’m still working on step one...
Might want to swap #2 & #3 so you don't end up with the wrong girlfriend / wife :ROFLMAO:

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The next vehicle we buy is supposed to be "mine." Well after showing her the cactus grey with white top she is now thinking it will be "hers." Not sure how to explain that particular color/accessory combo might not ever make it to the showroom-let alone transfer it back to being "mine" whatever color it is! She loves the wheels and lift on that one too, Squatch I imagine. Not sure how to explain the reduced mpg, entry height and cost to replace those tires, etc, etc. But hey, those are good problems at least she likes it!

jeremyw2332

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I showed my wife the bronco because she needs a new vehicle. I just bought a 2019 ram 1500 so i knew i had to talk her into getting a bronco it didn't take much of convincing she loved it! Shes always wanted a Jeep but i thought the Bronco was sexier. So technically its hers but i will be having some fun with it ?

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Agree 2 and 3 need to be swapped
This reminds me of another rule of thumb I used - if you plan on wearing a beard at any point in life, you need to wear a beard while dating so you know your S.O. approves!
Sponsored