Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Thinking about springing for a Mongoose cable and a Windows notebook to update the APIM on my Bronco and maybe recalibrate the cameras once I finish relocating front and rear - but wondering if it’s worth it in the long term for just that. Are there any other modules with significant updates? Instrument cluster improvements? Transmission? Can I make any useful configuration changes with it that I couldn’t make with forscan?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can program key fobs and wireless keypads with FDRS. And you can also apply programming for accessories. For example… if you buy the Ford Performance Winch you can apply the programming for the front sensors.

But that’s about it. In my opinion not with the money… especially if you have to but a laptop too. Most of the important updates Ford will push out OTA anyway for free.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You can program key fobs
Caveat on this - while you are correct for the wireless key pads, when it comes to making new keys, it appears you may need additional credentials to do this through FDRS, and possibly to the tune of another couple hundred bucks.

THAT SAID - if you already have two programmed keys, you have the ability to make two new keys *WITHOUT USING FDRS.* Refer to the owner's manual.

GomezK6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 04' Subaru WRX STI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why wont FDRS give me an option for "other devices" in the Device Manager tab? I am using a VCX NANO and it will not connect or be discovered by FDRS. please any help is greatly appreciated.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Why wont FDRS give me an option for "other devices" in the Device Manager tab? I am using a VCX NANO and it will not connect or be discovered by FDRS. please any help is greatly appreciated.
I suspect because you have NO clue what your doing.