Sponsored

What exactly is the benefit to choosing to wait for MY22?

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Aside from being pushed there because you may have a later reservation, what is the real allure to choose a MY22? I cold be wrong but outside of tweaking the manufacturing line to tighten a bolt more that they determine causes a rattle or install the dash 2mm more to the left cause maybe it appears off a bit on the first few 50k built (as an example) or putting a new color in the sprayer, do you really think a MY22 will be any different than a MY21?

They’ve mentioned new roofs but there won’t be ‘new roofs’, just availability of the body color/white mod roof and maybe addition of “option to“ order a bestop type fastback soft top roof. They also mentioned the roof rack on squatch but really the solution they likely will offer is to drop weight elsewhere, i.e. that to get the rack on a 4 door squatch, you have to get it without steel bumpers to offset the GVWR. But in reality they won’t engineering a whole new roof For MY22. They also mentioned Heritage Edition but let’s be honest, this is just probably a color/paint option with some decals and tweaked interior color.

So, outside of a tweaked manufacturing line or maybe a new color or the hope the offer the white or brown interior we all wanted which were shown in the 2 reveal Broncos, what really is going to be truly different in MY22?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree. There will probably be no significant change for model year 2022. I could see the steel bumpers no longer being standard on Badlands and Black Diamond and instead being an additional cost. I believe there were a few years Jeep Rubicons came with steel bumpers standard and now they are an option.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There will surely be benefits and for every benefit to waiting there will be at least one thing that changes and causes an uproar on this forum.

See the possible example of steel bumpers above...

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In the very beginning of the reveal (7/14 reservation) we picked a 2-door Outerbanks and at that time was available with a body color top. I finally warmed up to the idea of the MIC top to still get a 2021 delivery and then I got the email with all the late availability options. (2.7 and 2-door effects our build)

We're not giving up any more options that we want so that would put us late in 2021. Since they are going to start building 2022's in December we might as well wait a few more months and get the body color top we wanted in the first place.
With a 7/14 reservation we should be in the earlier 2022's.

RFMETZ

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm trying to wrap my head around this too. 7/14 res holder. Is waiting til January to get a Bronco worth a new paint color and some other minor options? Not to mention a 2% - 3% price increase.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You probably get to pay $300-500 more for it. Wait! You said benefit. ?

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think for some it would benefit them to actually see and possibly drive one before plunking down $50K. Some like myself who aren't in any hurry get to. see what new colors and options come out and get real world reviews for other on here. Other than that I see no real big changes and like you said just minor tweaks here and there.

OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In the very beginning of the reveal (7/14 reservation) we picked a 2-door Outerbanks and at that time was available with a body color top. I finally warmed up to the idea of the MIC top to still get a 2021 delivery and then I got the email with all the late availability options. (2.7 and 2-door effects our build)

We're not giving up any more options that we want so that would put us late in 2021. Since they are going to start building 2022's in December we might as well wait a few more months and get the body color top we wanted in the first place.
With a 7/14 reservation we should be in the earlier 2022's.
This sounds like a legit reason to choose to wait (a few months).

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think you may see a few things that were left out of the first run of 2021. Examples include new interior colors, maybe a couple of additional standard features, higher MSRP on certain options, new wheels, etc.

The big benefit is going to be fewer kinks and QA issues that are bound to plague the first year. I fully expect a recall or two if my reservation gets converted in 2021.

2022 dealerships may also be more willing to negotiate a little on price since they've literally lost an entire year of revenue, not really, but I bet they have felt the slower traffic to purchase.

Lothbrok

Badlands
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty sure they also mentioned the rear seats would be updated (i.e. rubberized cargo vs. carpet backs). I'm an early Jul 14th as well. I really want a green, maybe a white top and I'd like to see the special editions which have been mentioned. There is always risk with a first year vehicle. To have 60K built in front of mine to iron out any kinks would be beneficial in the long run. I'm fairly positive being that my build has a majority of the late availability items, I might as well wait ~3 months. It's not a cheap vehicle, so I'd really like to get exactly what I want.

Sponsored

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
people thinking there are going to be massive changes in 22 I think will be disappointed. Probably a couple new colors to body and roof and not much more. I am going to order a 21. It will probably be pretty late anyway (2 dr, 2.7) if they announce 22 colors and features over the summer and mine is still weeks or months out and I like what I see for 22 better I would -to ably switch then. But not too worried about 22.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty sure they also mentioned the rear seats would be updated (i.e. rubberized cargo vs. carpet backs).
That would be great, though it still seems a bit hopeful.
They've stated a new roof rack option that's compatible with Sasquatch/Badlands is coming for 22. Curious if that will actually be a change to the rack, shaving weight elsewhere, or just making the ordering process more robust so that they can properly verify the actual GVWR of each build instead of making assumptions about selected options.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty sure they also mentioned the rear seats would be updated (i.e. rubberized cargo vs. carpet backs). I'm an early Jul 14th as well. I really want a green, maybe a white top and I'd like to see the special editions which have been mentioned. There is always risk with a first year vehicle. To have 60K built in front of mine to iron out any kinks would be beneficial in the long run. I'm fairly positive being that my build has a majority of the late availability items, I might as well wait ~3 months. It's not a cheap vehicle, so I'd really like to get exactly what I want.
My build is at $60K as well before taxes and likely can't haggle that $3-4K I normally do to cover that difference on a new vehicle.

That said, kinks are my concern. That carpet seat back on the 2dr also sucks to no end, so one of my first aftermarket mods will be something to place over that. I want a small Goose Gear system to level things out when I go camping, but if there were a rubberized option, I could wait a year to do this cause Goose ain't cheap!

I want Ford to drag their feet with my Bronco for as long as they feel necessary since I plan to keep it for a few years after it's paid for and mod it into a rock crawler.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think you're right. Like many, there's a feeling of being anxious. Think 2020 has everyone impatient and wanting something that'll put a smile on our faces. :)
Sponsored