Sponsored

What exactly is the benefit to choosing to wait for MY22?

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If someone is not happy with the MY21 Bronco, it makes sense to consider 2022.

Also, there are plenty of passing fans - maybe some who are only hearing of a Bronco this past year, some are just jumping on the bandwagon, some do not have their finances in order and some who are just scared of the unknown.

I was committed to a Bronco in 2004. It has been a long wait.

They are giving me a 4x4, 2-door SUV with removable doors and a roof.

Compromises I'm making:
Color choice isn't ideal - but there is 0 evidence the green I crave will be part of MY2022. What is the green is a dark/black green? That would stink, too. I may just repaint mine in 10-15 years.

White top - what if I looks bad, or yellows, or whatever? I'm sure I can buy one if I really NEED one.

That is pretty much it. But if I hadn't been waiting for so long, couldn't afford it, or didn't like it, I would wait for 2022. Who knows - based on this ordering debacle, I may be forced to wait anyway (although I think it is unlikely).
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Like everyone is saying, a few different colors, a few tweaks to the assembly process, a few changes to the options and of course a few more dollars to purchase. Nothing radical like additional cup holders or towing capacity changed to 7500 pounds.

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
in addition to what has been said, 2022 will have higher resale, all else equal. At any point in time, the 2021 will be perceived to be one year older by the general publc, whether actually true or not.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For me, with an 8/14 reservation, I'm facing anywhere from next Christmas to the 4th of July 22....so it's about late availability. Now that the mic top isn't available, I'll be stuck with the stock softtop, which is ok... But then I'll spend nearly 2 for the hardtop later. For 2k, I'd rather get the mic and spend the 2k on besttops ultra top which is way better.

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Many of you are talking like you have a choice. You probably don't. 140,000 of us (70% of reservation holders) will be getting a 2022. Including me if it's true just those who reserved the first 2 days of reservations opening will likely get a 2021. And even if you were the first to reserve but want manquatch or a different color top, well you're going to get a 2022 too.

So, for me, since I have to wait, I am going to take advantage of hopefully better interior colors & a white roof.

Sponsored

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For me, with an 8/14 reservation, I'm facing anywhere from next Christmas to the 4th of July 22....so it's about late availability. Now that the mic top isn't available, I'll be stuck with the stock softtop, which is ok... But then I'll spend nearly 2 for the hardtop later. For 2k, I'd rather get the mic and spend the 2k on besttops ultra top which is way better.
You have an 8/14 or 7/14 reservation? An 8/14 will not get you late availability. It will get you a 2022.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You have an 8/14 or 7/14 reservation? An 8/14 will not get you late availability. It will get you a 2022.
[/QUOTE
I'm 8. Here's the thing, if Ford only hits 70k,I'm a 22,likely July. But the 70k seems super conservative based on what legend says. If they hit 20 k per month, I'm late 21.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it is somewhat a leap of faith. Ford claims there will be different colors and roofs and racks and so forth. All, some, or none could be true (or 'late' availability until November 2022 as far as we know), as well as the strong possibility that there could be a price increase. Worst case is that they get a price increase, none of the things they were hoping to get by waiting are there (or are not worth the price increase), and the additional wait. Best case is they get something they will like better and maybe not pay any more, aside from time.
If people want to risk those things for future promises (after so many missed ones already), they weren't happy enough to buy one as they sit, so they may not want a '22 either and drop out unless Ford starts actually starts delivering what they promised. People seem to be assuming that they will only have to wait a few extra months to get (picking white top at random) when they might not get it until 18 month from now, if ever. If they knew that in advance, maybe they would choose differently. Again, leap of faith.

For myself, single October reservation and I am happy enough now, don't see any real changes that matter to me coming down the pike, so I don't care what MY I get or when I get it. already have more vehicles than I need.

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The color tops are a good reason to wait for MY22 umm also the rumor Green color Ford is coming out with .

Hbrichman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
7/13 reservation, will be holding off until MY22. I don’t feel comfortable compromising when more options (tops, interiors, heritage edition, colors etc..) are supposedly right around the corner. If MY22 order banks open and there aren’t any of these new options, then that’s ok too and I’ll gladly place my order anyways. But to me, waiting a little while longer to see how everything plays out is no big deal

Last edited:

Sponsored

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm trying to wrap my head around this too. 7/14 res holder. Is waiting til January to get a Bronco worth a new paint color and some other minor options? Not to mention a 2% - 3% price increase.

You never know, maybe on the MSRP but in real-life If dealers now can afford $1K and $2K below invoice now on a brand new well sought-after model then I won't be surprised if they offer further incentives in 2022.

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm 8. Here's the thing, if Ford only hits 70k,I'm a 22,likely July. But the 70k seems super conservative based on what legend says. If they hit 20 k per month, I'm late 21.
Doing the math, ford plans on building 60,000 units between June and December. That is roughly 10,000 units a month.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The color tops are a good reason to wait for MY22 umm also the rumor Green color Ford is coming out with .
I can hardly wait for : "No! Not that color of green!" lol

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

More like no benefit getting a 21 unless you get FE. I am waiting for the 22 order banks

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If someone is not happy with the MY21 Bronco, it makes sense to consider 2022.

Also, there are plenty of passing fans - maybe some who are only hearing of a Bronco this past year, some are just jumping on the bandwagon, some do not have their finances in order and some who are just scared of the unknown.

I was committed to a Bronco in 2004. It has been a long wait.

They are giving me a 4x4, 2-door SUV with removable doors and a roof.

Compromises I'm making:
Color choice isn't ideal - but there is 0 evidence the green I crave will be part of MY2022. What is the green is a dark/black green? That would stink, too. I may just repaint mine in 10-15 years.

White top - what if I looks bad, or yellows, or whatever? I'm sure I can buy one if I really NEED one.

That is pretty much it. But if I hadn't been waiting for so long, couldn't afford it, or didn't like it, I would wait for 2022. Who knows - based on this ordering debacle, I may be forced to wait anyway (although I think it is unlikely).
Man I want a white modular top! If one comes and is less than $2K, I'll get it in a few years for sure.

You've made some good points with the 4x4, 2-door sentence. That stuff alone has made me a definite future owner.

If some guys just need to calm down, then try doing the yoga or whatever; maybe smoke some grass....
Sponsored