Sponsored

What exactly is the benefit to choosing to wait for MY22?

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One more thing to consider. Ford has only committed to building orders for 2021 and nothing for dealer stock. Not so for 2022. Ford will be building for both dealers and those who place orders. The wait for 2022 could be pretty long as well.
Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One more thing to consider. Ford has only committed to building orders for 2021 and nothing for dealer stock. Not so for 2022. Ford will be building for both dealers and those who place orders. The wait for 2022 could be pretty long as well.
If you have a good reservation date for the 21 and opt for the 22 I believe the wait will not be too bad.

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why choose? I have got 2 day-1 reservations. I’ll order a 2021 and keep my 2nd reservation active. If Ford screws me and pushes again and again the delivery date due to « high demand » items then at that point I will cancel my order and convert the second one and get a 2022.

If I get a 2021 in June great, if I have to wait November I might as well get the MY22.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you have a good reservation date for the 21 and opt for the 22 I believe the wait will not be too bad.
The way it looks, the wait will take place mostly during the winter. That’s ok for me.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm trying to wrap my head around this too. 7/14 res holder. Is waiting til January to get a Bronco worth a new paint color and some other minor options? Not to mention a 2% - 3% price increase.
If I place my order during the reservation holder window I expect Ford to honor that price. I won't look at it kindly if they try and force a price increase on me just because they can't build them fast enough or they got too many orders.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It allows people like me a better chance to get a 2021.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They can't launch the 21 b&p! Lol

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This forum has been like children in a damn candy store for white hard tops. The number of threads on why ford why can’t we have this. This is what makes the bronco, I neeeeeed it please Lord gimme a white top...

Now Ford announces it will be a MY22 and now people are like why would anyone wait for a ‘22 bronco.. makes no sense.. blah blah blah

Sponsored

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Aside from being pushed there because you may have a later reservation, what is the real allure to choose a MY22? I cold be wrong but outside of tweaking the manufacturing line to tighten a bolt more that they determine causes a rattle or install the dash 2mm more to the left cause maybe it appears off a bit on the first few 50k built (as an example) or putting a new color in the sprayer, do you really think a MY22 will be any different than a MY21?

They’ve mentioned new roofs but there won’t be ‘new roofs’, just availability of the body color/white mod roof and maybe addition of “option to“ order a bestop type fastback soft top roof. They also mentioned the roof rack on squatch but really the solution they likely will offer is to drop weight elsewhere, i.e. that to get the rack on a 4 door squatch, you have to get it without steel bumpers to offset the GVWR. But in reality they won’t engineering a whole new roof For MY22. They also mentioned Heritage Edition but let’s be honest, this is just probably a color/paint option with some decals and tweaked interior color.

So, outside of a tweaked manufacturing line or maybe a new color or the hope the offer the white or brown interior we all wanted which were shown in the 2 reveal Broncos, what really is going to be truly different in MY22?
Hopefully a lot of quality issues will be addressed.

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All black interior can be an option for all trims in MY22 good things come to those that wait ?

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because the Bronco I envisioned owning at the reveal was a fully loaded green BadSquatch with a body matched hard top. Waiting for 22 gives me the benefit of not having to compromise.

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I place my order during the reservation holder window I expect Ford to honor that price. I won't look at it kindly if they try and force a price increase on me just because they can't build them fast enough or they got too many orders.
I agree, any prices for reservation holders would be utterly ridiculous. I know there is some language to get out of the price we reserved, but it would not only be a crappy move, but with everyone moved back so far, it would kind of defeat the whole purpose of a reservation in the first place. "Here is a website to Build and Price your dream Bronco that has many things you can't get and prices that are going to go up for 90% of you..."

I am sure this is probably cool with the "I'm paying the full price in cash for my Bronco nonrefundable when I order" crowd. I saw someone post something like this on FB a few days ago and I am feeling aftershocks from it.
Sponsored