Sponsored

what exactly is the point of the Wildtrack?

Akwestender

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 F350 Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder if these various goat modes will be an accessory upgrade Later? Like getting the FE with rock crawl and sport. There isn’t anything mechanical on an FE aside from the sway bar disconnect that would keep a Wildtrak from being an FE. I wonder how big of an accessory add on the disconnect would be?
Sponsored

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To be a badass with that wide stance

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To me, its pretty much a FE lite. The model with the most built in features standard. It should be the most reasonably priced with the available features. If badland boys think they will be able to build a badlands up with the same features for the same price, they may want to have a box of tissue handy when B&P goes live. There would be absolutely no point to the WT in that case.

Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One other difference that may turn out important is that Wildtrak gets Sport GOAT mode whereas Badlands gets Rock/Crawl instead (which Wildtrak doesn’t get). It’s not so much a feature as it is just a difference.

I hope that Normal mode works out for the Badlands auto owners out there. I have heard that the 10-spd can sometimes be confused on what gear it should be in. The Sport mode seems to help hold the gears longer.
It’s usually the owner that thinks they know what gear it should be in / what gear they want it to be in versus where the calibration commands it to be in. Under normal driving up to a certain throttle tip in, the PCM is always going to command the highest numerical gear for the situation to maximize fuel economy. If it didn’t people would complain that the ten speeds get terrible fuel economy. No matter what Ford engineers program it to do there’s always going to be a crowd that wants it to do something else. I’ve found sport mode to be a bit much for daily driving unless you’re the type that thinks everyone else is trying to race you to the next stoplight.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wildtrak is 3 inches wider
Yup, due to the squatch being standard. Any other trim with squatch add on will have the same wider tires and fenders, same 3 inches.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s usually the owner that thinks they know what gear it should be in / what gear they want it to be in versus where the calibration commands it to be in. Under normal driving up to a certain throttle tip in, the PCM is always going to command the highest numerical gear for the situation to maximize fuel economy. If it didn’t people would complain that the ten speeds get terrible fuel economy. No matter what Ford engineers program it to do there’s always going to be a crowd that wants it to do something else. I’ve found sport mode to be a bit much for daily driving unless you’re the type that thinks everyone else is trying to race you to the next stoplight.
Every red light turning green is a start to a race!

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
If it didn’t people would complain that the ten speeds get terrible fuel economy. No matter what Ford engineers program it to do there’s always going to be a crowd that wants it to do something else.
Ford is programming to eek out every 1/100th of an MPG possible on the EPA cycle with little regard to optimal driving experience - which is the same as everyone else.

Almost no consumer is currently worried about fuel economy because gas is cheap and recent historical performance is a guarantee of future performance.

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If badland boys think they will be able to build a badlands up with the same features for the same price, they may want to have a box of tissue handy when B&P goes live. .
Ford Bronco what exactly is the point of the Wildtrack? 1597802673376

I have plenty to go around.

1597802645369.gif

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

seems like the only difference is missing swaybar disconnect and a new mode.

why is it so expensive? does it have a factory tune?
wild track comes standard with the 2.7 engine, hard top, sasquatch package, and the high package ( i think). The Wild track is also set up as a desert runner so no need for a swaybar disconnect.

badlands comes with 2.3 l engine No Sasquatch

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Outer banks has the on peddle driving like what is on the Raptor.
Sponsored