Sponsored

What features are you getting that you DON'T want?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd likely do that anyway in some spots. I still have 2 big boxes left over from when I had my Raptor.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Take a look at @Hothead Headliners. They do sound deadening for Jeeps and are planning on kits for the Bronco. You may have to wait a bit for them to have kits available, but you won't have to buy an entire package of stuff you don't want.
The Hothead kit is for the roof. The sound deadening in the high package is added to the body during production.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Everybody in this thread is wrong.

There aren't enough features.

I WANT MORE FEATURES. ALL THE FEATURES. GIMME.
I agree; I'm ordering Outer Banks with Lux. Don't see anything I'd leave off if I had the choice. Would especially like a better audio system than the B & O, but I guess aftermarket can take care of that.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not making assumptions, everything I post is based on first hand knowledge.
I banged on the roof of the Outer Banks on the panel over the rear seats from below and above with the side of my hand and it felt very solid to me.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any wheel that comes on any model. That will be fixed upon delivery.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Due to trims and packages what features are you getting that you don't care about or want?
Probably getting Badlands. Don't need the front locker or wash-out interior. I plan to use the swayer disconnect on rutted roads, as I've heard that makes the drive smoother. I don't think I really need the front steel bumper, either.

But the MGV is a good alternative to leather, saving me $2,200 for what is not full leather and doesn't get me a power seat (2-door).

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Due to trims and packages what features are you getting that you don't care about or want?

I'm probably getting a Badlands so that means I'm getting a sway bar disconnect that I'll never use, MGV that I'll be covering up, washout flooring (I'm going to use floormats anyway) and about 7 GOAT modes that I don't care about (that last one is true for all the trims though.)

The reason I'm going Badlands is that is the only way I can get the Sasquatch package without the 35" tires and god awful rims and the MT with the high package.

If Base/MT/Sas was not MY2022, I'd look harder at that because then I'd have tons of money to deal with swapping out wheels and tires, and I'd be willing to forget about the high package because it would be such a value buy....

Anyway, who else is spending money on things they don't want?
If you don't think you'll need the auto swaybar do you think you'll need a locking front stiff? If you don't want the 35" tires, what size do you want? You sound more like a Base version and then add what you want. Wheels and tires are $2,000 to get the size and type you want. There are probably 1,000 wheel choices to go with (size and style). And the aftermarket or Ford will offer any level of suspension upgrade you'll want or need.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any function which automates operation of the vehicle and removes the drivers responsibility. This includes such items as:
  • automatic transmission
  • rain-sensing windshield wipers
  • auto-on headlights
  • auto-highbeam
  • adaptive cruise control
  • lane keeping assist
  • automatic braking
If you're too inept, incapable, inattentive or lazy to drive the vehicle while being aware of the environment around you, you shouldn't be driving.

Trains of people stuck in adaptive-cruise-control-hell or driving in the dark without their headlights on, or headlights off in the rain are the result of making driving easier and lowering the bar. It does not serve society or roadways well in the long run.

Good news though, the NHTSA has finally started to look into regulating these technologies due to the frightening number of "tuned out" drivers on the roadway today.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2...oceedings-for-autonomous-safety-you-can-help/
EXACTLY. Well said.

You and I must share some same DNA...

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm getting a BL with 33's. Don't need the front sway bar disconnect or front lockers for where I'll be driving here in Illinois. But we may move to Arizona. I will need everything a BL has then.

jclaypool83

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, 6.7L 2500 RAM, FOCUS RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Body mounted sliders.
I'm in the car industry. I see the reason they don't do frame mounted body sliders is for insurance purpose. A minor side impact collision it would cause a vehicle to be totaled with slow speed impacts. If the frames have to be modified, straightened, or fixed in anyway that has to be reported as frame damage. That affects insurance companies, in turn car companies, etc. Maybe I'm wrong but this seems to be the reason jeep hasn't attached to the frame as well.

Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Auto Start/Stop, crash bars

mestuntman

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
OICU812
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I'm probably getting a Badlands so that means I'm getting a sway bar disconnect that I'll never use, MGV that I'll be covering up, washout flooring (I'm going to use floormats anyway) and about 7 GOAT modes that I don't care about (that last one is true for all the trims though.)

The reason I'm going Badlands is that is the only way I can get the Sasquatch package without the 35" tires and god awful rims and the MT with the high package.

If Base/MT/Sas was not MY2022, I'd look harder at that because then I'd have tons of money to deal with swapping out wheels and tires, and I'd be willing to forget about the high package because it would be such a value buy....

Anyway, who else is spending money on things they don't want?
I tried to build a badlands the way you are talking and it will not let me order the sasquatch package without the beadlock wheels.

chrtra1

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Hothead kit is for the roof. The sound deadening in the high package is added to the body during production.
Maybe go look at their site before making assumptions

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

BLIS and the collision mitigation system.
Sponsored