Sponsored

What features are you getting that you DON'T want?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thats exactly true BL adds up more than WT
If you build a Badlands and Wildtrack exactly the same, the Wildtrack is a few hundred dollars more than the Badlands. That accounts for the graphics and appearance features. But a Wildtrack could be cheaper if you don't add features the Badlands has, such as the steel front bumper.
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To add to above - I have no need for possibly most features on the BL. I am carrying over the steel bumper and higher gearing to OBX build and calling it a day after tire upgrade. Plus I get steps, which I think I will need for family purposes. And power seats and active grille shutters, while shedding probably a couple hundred pounds. The higher gearing gets me rear lockers, so at least my hero switch board has at least 1 manly switch on it.
I'm waiting for the next round of B&P updates before finalizing my decision, but it seems like the ideal model for me is a blend of Outer Banks and Badlands. If I will be able to tweak the OB configuration just a bit, I will go that route. Otherwise, I may end up with some overkill features on Badlands.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should we start a thread about what we want and cannot get? My examples are:
#1 - 2 inch lift
#2 - a winch that is not 4 times more expensive than it needs to be

jswing

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really don't want anything not available on the base, but my wife HAS to have heated seats. So to get heated seats I needed to move up to the BB to get mid, then somehow I ended up at BD for the MGV and adv 4x4. Who knows where I'll end up, but I suspect the heated seats are probably going to run me about $20K.

Sponsored

Witout

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gmc Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going BL so sway bar disconnect. If BD came with high package and front lockers I'd be fine.

Hothead Headliners

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler & Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I totally forgot about you guys, my bad
No worries, I just wanted to make sure others knew we had a comparable product, especially when looking at our Hothead Headliner options.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe go look at their site before making assumptions
That's not an assumption. This topic has been talked to death. I'm well aware that Hotheads has a product called Soundasasin used in the body of vehicles the same way Dynamat is used. That product is not what is used in the roof. The roof kit is a stand alone option that can be purchased through Ford and soon from Hotheads and others. The sound deadening in the high package is built into the vehicle when it's assembled.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

trail turn assist. Seriously though. Who will actually use it enough to justfiy it's existance? More $ and another thing to break. Disconnecting from sway. I'm sure it works great but I don't ever see me using it for where I'll be. And lastly probably all the drive modes.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Unfortunately your anecdotal evidence is not supporting the statistical research. Over-reliance upon driver aids is happening and at an alarming rate (as researched by the NHTSA and their accident reporting statistics).

Typical human behavior is happening in the real world.
  1. People are skeptical of new technology
  2. People begrudgingly use new technology but are wary of results
  3. People find new technology works in most cases and train themselves to rely upon it
  4. People rely upon technology almost exclusively

These technologies have allowed people to "tune out" while driving, and it shows in the statistics and on the roadways. Doesn't mean you or I would be guilty of them (who admits their faults????), but you know, "other" people. Bad people, stupid people, unskilled people.....

Allow myself to introduce a book written by myself.....

Ford Bronco What features are you getting that you DON'T want? fake-book-title-that-reads-everybody-sucks-at-driving-but-me-an-autobiography
Sponsored