Sponsored

What features are you getting that you DON'T want?

Hothead Headliners

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler & Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Take a look at @Hothead Headliners. They do sound deadening for Jeeps and are planning on kits for the Bronco. You may have to wait a bit for them to have kits available, but you won't have to buy an entire package of stuff you don't want.
You shouldn't have to wait too long after the Bronco becoming available for our Hothead Headliners. We will be giving everyone Bronco product updates who would like one by signing up here.
Sponsored

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing. Everything else is icing on the cake. (y)

Hothead Headliners

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler & Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not saying that Headliners aren't something people are going to want, but people need to understand that the Bronco panels are not hollow inside like the Wrangler. They are mostly solid and will offer much better noise and heat isolation than the Jeeps.
Based on all the "modularity" hype, I expect the panels will not be as solid as spot welded panels, will be "hollow" and may resonate over time and based on the easy on/off nature of the panel, I would expect more noise, not less, than the Jeep.

Sponsored

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Due to trims and packages what features are you getting that you don't care about or want?

I'm probably getting a Badlands so that means I'm getting a sway bar disconnect that I'll never use, MGV that I'll be covering up, washout flooring (I'm going to use floormats anyway) and about 7 GOAT modes that I don't care about (that last one is true for all the trims though.)

The reason I'm going Badlands is that is the only way I can get the Sasquatch package without the 35" tires and god awful rims and the MT with the high package.

If Base/MT/Sas was not MY2022, I'd look harder at that because then I'd have tons of money to deal with swapping out wheels and tires, and I'd be willing to forget about the high package because it would be such a value buy....

Anyway, who else is spending money on things they don't want?
I HATE lane keep assist, and any of the other safety doodaaah stuff. Wish there was a two top option though.

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don't really want 35's
but if i go OBX (for roast interior) but don't like painted flares, don't like tires, and add squatch.

or I'd go Badlands and end up with
Sway bar disconnect + black interior
Badlands

Same for FE ... don't really want the 35's, would rather have a better daily driver
But Lighting Blue!

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's great, but since almost no one else has first-hand experience, most of us have to make assumptions.

darren

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda passport touring 2wd
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

On a Badlands, I don’t want Eco mode. I want Sport Mode. I don’t want silver trim rings on the Sasquatch wheels. It’s going to cost me money to powder coat them black (but then I’ll have awesome wheels). Other than that, I want everything that comes on it.
I'm not 100% sure but I think those silver "trim rings" are just that. I could have sworn I read somewhere that they were Warn non-functional bead lock brushed aluminum rings. I don't see why you couldn't take them off and reinstall your hardware.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The only thing i really dont want on the BD with mid is the dual zone auto climate control, its not that hard for me to turn a knob, and I wont have passengers often enough to make dual zone worth it.

Sponsored

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A delay in getting it....

Relax, Francis, it's a joke!

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Now that we've learned we could fit 33s on OBX, i am going that route, and shedding all the Badlands stuff i dont need (was only going to get it for the tire/lift). Tires I found for OBX are 33.4s (versus BL 32.7). It will raise the ride height of the OBX by .65 inches. So pretty close to BL..BL is 1.2" sas lift minus 40 mills, and tires are 32.7 compared to 32.1 on stock OBX. So ride height of BL is 1.1" over stock OBX, and getting those tires puts me at 0.65". So more than halfway to BL ride height but all while eliminating some crazy wheel gap, which IMO, is perfect.

Last edited:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To add to above - I have no need for possibly most features on the BL. I am carrying over the steel bumper and higher gearing to OBX build and calling it a day after tire upgrade. Plus I get steps, which I think I will need for family purposes. And power seats and active grille shutters, while shedding probably a couple hundred pounds. The higher gearing gets me rear lockers, so at least my hero switch board has at least 1 manly switch on it.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Now that we've learned we could fit 33s on OBX, i am going that route, and shedding all the Badlands stuff i dont need (was only going to get it for the tire/lift). Tires I found for OBX are 33.4s (versus BL 32.7). It will raise the ride height of the OBX by .65 inches. So pretty close to BL..BL is 1.2" sas lift minus 40 mills, and tires are 32.7 compared to 32.1 on stock OBX. So ride height of BL is 1.1" over stock OBX, and getting those tires puts me at 0.65". So more than halfway to BL ride height but all while eliminating some crazy wheel gap, which IMO, is perfect.
I would have loved to get an outer banks. It has more of my desirables than any other trim level. However, I cannot stomach the interior and so will go with the badlands .

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would have loved to get an outer banks. It has more of my desirables than any other trim level. However, I cannot stomach the interior and so will go with the badlands .
I agree. Navy pier is OUT. Roast looks good enough paired with AMB for an all around classic midnight blue on saddle. But i could understand that roast may not be good for many other colors. We confirmed that the dash surround is texturized, not that hard anodized plastic. I ruled it out 100% until that was confirmed.
Sponsored