Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When I bought my F150 they got me in the room and just hammered me to buy the extended warranty and I said "Are you trying to tell me they aren't built Ford Tough?."

They didn't sell me the warranty. Still have the truck, runs great. I guess it was built Ford Tough afterall.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What happened to Built Ford Tough? How long ago did they switch to Built Ford Proud?
Maybe tough is not PC these days. Offensive. Haha

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
What happened to Built Ford Tough? How long ago did they switch to Built Ford Proud?
Probably - TOUGH is politically incorrect (PC)
Invokes images of bullies, masculinity or some stupid shit like that. The World is going completely bat shit!

Streetbob08

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Harley.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I do like the idea of it saying "Built in the USA" somewhere on the outside of the truck. I watched a video of the 2021 F-150 yesterday and they did incorporate a U.S. flag on the side of the dash but you only see it when the door is opened. I think we need to see more of this but Ford is in the business of selling vehicles and having something like this might trigger some constantly butt hurt "feelings" person. Screw that, USA, USA,USA!!!

Sponsored

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Invokes images of bullies, masculinity or some stupid shit like that. The World is going completely bat shit!
My generation be like:

Ford Bronco What happened to "Built Ford Tough" ? 4C05B9AE-63DF-49C7-8F14-33A7C5F9DD3A

(Admin can take this down if they want and I respect their reasoning but the truth hurts ???)

Streetbob08

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Harley.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco What happened to "Built Ford Tough" ? 4C05B9AE-63DF-49C7-8F14-33A7C5F9DD3A

On another note. They should make a commercial with John Bronco and bring back "the Best Never Rest".
I got a better idea! The commercial starts with a Jeep Rubicon stopped at the edge of a cliff. Then a Bronco comes up behind it going backwards, stops three feet away, then punts the Jeep off the cliff like a Bronco using it's hind legs to kick something! Then for fun we can either add in a cartoon puff of smoke like Wiley Coyote when he falls off a cliff or scream like someone falling off a cliff. Now for all my fellow want a be Bronco owners that currently own Jeeps. It's just in jest. I have thought about buying a Jeep Wrangler off and on for thirty years now. I loved the idea of it but have been a Ford guy since my first car (1979 Mustang, Pace car edition), so I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford isn’t pushing the built in America thing enough. It should be stamped on the tailgate
I agree.

My F-150's had stickers on the windshields saying built at the Dearborn Truck Plant. But those stickers are gone first time the windshield gets replaced because of a rock chip/crack. My truck has it's second new windshield, but it's lost its "Built in America" label.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's more than likely just a marketing thing. Someone buying and Ecosport may not relate to "built Ford tough" but be proud to buy from an American brand.

Don't read into it much that it's a PC reason or that everyone is going soft....Companies just try to relate to everyone now and sell as many cars as possible. Imagine that.
Sponsored