First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why do the last 4 pictures posted (in-factory, rangers at night) just look like oxford white? Am I missing something?
Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is something about this color that people view/perceive very inconsistently. This was my preferred color based on the prior Ford B&P rendering. I am so glad I found one in person, because in real life, it looks like drywall mud to me. I don't see green, all I see is grey spackle.

Other people might see a hint of green, some people see too much green and it turns them off.

This is a color you have to see in person before ordering, IMO. There is a high likelihood of disappointment if you do not.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw 3 rangers side-by-side in Cactus Grey. Late afternoon. All 3 looked different.
Flat grey, to off white, to minty green. It did look really good with dark accents and I think will look really good with the dark grey hardtop and carbonized grey accents on a Badlands.
The Salesman that showed them to me said most everyone that sees the color in person like it.

I decided to go Area51, but I'm still back and forth on Cactus Grey. Still haven't seen Area51 in person.

Sponsored

Escape Hatch

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mk7 GTI, 19 Atlas SE w/ tech R Line V6 4 motion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You know what, I think the Bronco would be awesome in Tiffany blue. 😎
My wife would be down as that's the only little blue box she gets now.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s such an elusive color that they can‘t even get a close rendering of it. I used to fret about it but since I’m probably getting a 22, maybe there will be a color that I will really like.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s about time, it was never mint green gray.

pitter_patter

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like I mentioned in another thread...that B&P updated color is still off and more brownish grey so I’ve just been using these as my reference -

F561B8AD-5C09-4F0F-A8DB-B0BA52DB0EAC.jpeg

F3E162B1-7947-47A5-ABA6-113A0847A3D6.jpeg
My neighbor has a Cactus Gray Bronco Sport, and now having seen it several times I can say these photos are not accurate. I've yet to see it in light that makes it look like a pure gray like it does here (on my monitor). 90% of the time the color is distinctly a shade of pastel/mint green.

I don't hate it, and wouldn't bash on anyone for getting it, but it's a color that a person should see in person before ordering. It's a moving target that photos or renders can't capture.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the strangest color in the world. After stalking a Bronco Sport on the highway yesterday I came to the conclusion that it is gray first, and can appear green. It almost always had slight green tones to me, but on certain angles in the shade it even looked blue. I think this color picks up a lot of reflections from its environment and is not a true gray, but has undertones can really pop depending on lighting and environment. AND this seems to be in a sweet spot with everyone's perception of color so apparently not everyone sees the green tones pop. They are there, but I would still say it's primarily gray.

I may be switching now that I got a close look at one driving and could see it shift while going down the road. I was never 100% sold when it was stationary on a lot, and every other time I saw it on the road it was headed the opposite direction so I didn't get a good look.

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Let’s just all agree that Ford needs to redo this color on B&P lol! I’m getting more Avalanche Grey vibes now...which I still love but its not representative of what anyone sees in person.

Ford Bronco What Happened to Cactus Gray?? 56EA0984-D324-4351-87EE-5A5315975F52

Ford Bronco What Happened to Cactus Gray?? 20160305131911_85a871766b8d52043adb97409ab7202ca27701e8

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So what had happened was a big Sherwin Williams truck filled with one color of full paint cans jackknifed on the interstate. Another big truck carrying Ford Broncos ran into the side of it. Ford was so happy with the result that...well you know the rest of the story.
Ford Bronco What Happened to Cactus Gray?? 1612794208936

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

maybe representing automotive paint colors on a bajillion different monitors all calibrated differently is kinda hard and no one should trust a color on their computer monitor.

Also its still better than the mint green it was before
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.