Sponsored

What happens after Oct if no customer build order?

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What happens to a reservation if a person does not put in a build order? Is there a build order deadline to be aware of?

They still have the reservation position but their Bronco is not going to be built because there is no order made yet?

Curious how dealers are handling a customer that can’t or will not have deposit money or commitment to order and actually purchase a Bronco.

I’m putting my order in early but I am late on the registration list. I hope dealers ask for $1000 (Refundable) deposit on build orders to start weeding out the actual buyers.
Sponsored

RedTetsu13

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Elantra Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What happens to a reservation if a person does not put in a build order? Is there a build order deadline to be aware of?

They still have the reservation position but their Bronco is not going to be built because there is no order made yet?

Curious how dealers are handling a customer that can’t or will not have deposit money or commitment to order and actually purchase a Bronco.

I’m putting my order in early but I am late on the registration list. I hope dealers ask for $1000 (Refundable) deposit on build orders to start weeding out the actual buyers.
My dealer told me that Bronco orders aren't going to start until at least December. Due to that time frame I haven't asked my dealer about the specifics of the ordering process yet (probably won't ask until early November). As for a specific deadline I haven't heard of one yet, but my plan is to get it in after I decide on the details of my specific order (Probably will be decided when B&P goes live).

I think dealer deposits for order will vary greatly by dealer as well. I remember reading that someone said their dealer was only going to be $500 ($400 as they use the $100 deposit as part of that).

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would check out the Bronco Sport forum. Ford will be following a similar ordering process and they are already past the placing order stage. Some dealers will require additional deposits. Some will not. They might actually prefer people ordering but not accepting delivery because then they will have additional unconfirmed inventory that can be sold above MSRP to customers without reservations.

Also you won’t actually order until December and they might not start building until March.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Good question. My best guess is after Ford starts assigning vins build orders entered get stuck at the bottom of the list regardless of reservation date.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco order will be placed in December with no additional money requirement and if you don't show up when your order arrives they'll stick it on the lot and sell it instantly at a mark up.

It also doesn't matter if you order early as long as you make your window as it will go by batches built and when you reserved. If you waited late in the game I wouldn't be looking at getting your Bronco until late next year even with people backing out of their orders. You snooze you lose.

Sponsored

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don't forget this is the virus, hurricane, fires 2020 year. I won't be surprised if we are made to wait.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good question. My best guess is after Ford starts assigning vins build orders entered get stuck at the bottom of the list regardless of reservation date.

Ford will most likely not assign reservation vin's to vehicles until they get ready for production some time in March...

So you will have a large time window to place the order and retain your spot in line...

I base this on what I am seeing with the Bronco Sport...

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Ford really has over 160k+ reservations, money/build orders will talk.
Ford will most likely not assign reservation vin's to vehicles until they get ready for production some time in March...

So you will have a large time window to place the order and retain your spot in line...

I base this on what I am seeing with the Bronco Sport...
So what sense does that make for a Dealer? Wait for someone to get money together over 90 days or take money from someone willing to pay now? Just curious how that thinking goes from a business perspective.

MentalBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Toyota Tundra, Yamaha WR250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll buy a jeep.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

X2

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To answer the ops original question, my thinking would be, order bank opens for a set period for reservation holders, at the end of that period anybody who hasn't ordered would get the$100 refunded, and be told they can get in line for the next production run, whenever that may be. At the conclusion of the order window Ford will organize production on a basis of what works best batch wise...w/early reservations from each production batch getting 1st delivery.