Sponsored

What happens to canceled first edition orders?

Rubley750

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2door 7mt Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve read several people mentioning they like color options on the BL and WT better than their FE reservations. They plan to change there order to one of those options. I wonder how Ford will manage the few that are left unspoken for. I wish there was a waiting list available we could be on. It seems reasonable to be several out of 7k where customer’s plans have changed or they chose other options.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They'll be built and delivered to preferred dealers at a ridiculous mark up. Ford has allotted 7K FEs. If only 5K are converted to orders by reservation holders, Ford isn't going to cease producing the remaining allotment.

OP
OP
Rubley750

Rubley750

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2door 7mt Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree they would continue to build all 7k. But would handing them straight to preferred dealers go against their commitment to fill individual orders and not have these marked up? ??‍♂

OP
OP
Rubley750

Rubley750

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2door 7mt Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's not what Ford has stated, they have said they won't get built..
That’s interesting..... I hadn’t heard that!
Seems like they would be leaving a lot of missed opportunities by not building all of them.....

Sponsored

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve read several people mentioning they like color options on the BL and WT better than their FE reservations. They plan to change there order to one of those options. I wonder how Ford will manage the few that are left unspoken for. I wish there was a waiting list available we could be on. It seems reasonable to be several out of 7k where customer’s plans have changed or they chose other options.

They'll be given back to the region where they were reserved and then distributed based upon their discretion to different dealers.

Ford has to build 7,000 regardless of how many people back out.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree they would continue to build all 7k. But would handing them straight to preferred dealers go against their commitment to fill individual orders and not have these marked up? ??‍♂
I don't see how building out the remaining 2K (my example above) impedes their commitment to to fill other individual orders. I'm presuming all FEs are going to be built first except for the few converted orders asking for a late availability item. Ford's commitment to reservation holders orders over providing dealer stock can still hold true as the FE is a limited run and not a standard trim with no limit.

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's not what Ford has stated, they have said they won't get built..
Wow, I figured they would be show ponies for "preferred" dealerships.

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealer said that it would be more than likely that anybody would cancel there reservations, and when I asked what if ? They did not have a answer for me.

OP
OP
Rubley750

Rubley750

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2door 7mt Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They'll be given back to the region where they were reserved and then distributed based upon their discretion to different dealers.

Ford has to build 7,000 regardless of how many people back out.
Thank for your answer. So will each dealer handle them at their own discretion ?

Sponsored

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank for your answer. So will each dealer handle them at their own discretion ?
No, we won't see them. If it's cancelled the dealer loses that allocation and it'll get reassigned by the regional manager. We have 240ish dealers in our region. So they'll most likely redistribute them to the largest volume dealers would be my guess.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

Ford has to build 7,000 regardless of how many people back out. @Rubley750
This contradicts what the Ford rep told me on the phone when I moved my reservation. Ford said,

- First Edition reservations not converted to orders WILL NOT BE BUILT.
- Ford also unequivocally said MY21 will be for converted reservations only, not dealer stock.

I believe Ford will NOT built FE reservations not converted to orders.

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This contradicts what the Ford rep told me on the phone when I moved my reservation. Ford said,

- First Edition reservations not converted to orders WILL NOT BE BUILT.
- Ford also unequivocally said MY21 will be for converted reservations only, not dealer stock.

I believe Ford will NOT built FE reservations not converted to orders.
So what do they do with the parts they've ordered from the suppliers? They will build them.

When Jeep came out with the Gladiator we received 1 Launch edit, that was sold out in 24 hours. About a month later we received a 2nd launch edition for stock from our business center.

They have to tell their suppliers months in advance how many parts they need, they won't let those parts go to waste.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
So what do they do with the parts they've ordered from the suppliers? They will build them.

When Jeep came out with the Gladiator we received 1 Launch edit, that was sold out in 24 hours. About a month later we received a 2nd launch edition for stock from our business center.

They have to tell their suppliers months in advance how many parts they need, they won't let those parts go to waste.
It's just a badlands with stickers. There aren't extra parts
Sponsored