Sponsored

What happens to canceled first edition orders?

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
So what do they do with the parts they've ordered from the suppliers? They will build them.

When Jeep came out with the Gladiator we received 1 Launch edit, that was sold out in 24 hours. About a month later we received a 2nd launch edition for stock from our business center.

They have to tell their suppliers months in advance how many parts they need, they won't let those parts go to waste.
What parts are unique? Navy blue seats are and Ford can buy X number now, with an option to buy an additional .5X in March once orders are complete. Only other unique part are stickers they put over the paint. Not buying your supplier argument. By default you are also saying Ford is lying on multiple fronts.

We will see, but the Ford phone rep said she was specifically told FEs in question will not be built.
Sponsored

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What parts are unique? Navy blue seats are and Ford can buy X number now, with an option to buy an additional .5X in March once orders are complete. Only other unique part are stickers they put over the paint. Not buying your supplier argument. By default you are also saying Ford is lying on multiple fronts.

We will see, but the Ford phone rep said she was specifically told FEs in question will not be built.
I'm telling you what I'm confident will happen. If you disagree that's fine.

I think we've all seen examples so far where one thing has been said by Ford and another thing has happened.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My guess is they figured a ~10% cancel rate and actually took 7700 reservations.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Would be a nice collectors item if they did not build all 7000. I say build them all first and learn your manufacturing mistakes before getting to my Bronco waaaaaay at the end.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There's no way Ford is leaving money on the floor with FE's that don't get converted.
They'll all get built, and purchased. Somehow, by someone.
Ford said customer broncos will get built first but I have a hard time seeing them uphold that completely once orders start getting amended/cancelled. They're going to try and recoup everything they can and its not like a prebuilt bronco is going to sit on the lot for months...

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
what parts would they have ordered that they won't use for those cancellations (besides the graphics)? The interior is optional in the OBX to my understanding, the SBD is in the BL, the Sasquatch is on everything. The only reason (and it would be enough) is that Ford doesn't want it to be known that they could not sell out 7000 units of their premier Bronco unit to reservation holders. Just for that reason alone, they will get built and sent to preferred dealers.

So they will either choose to take the heat for not selling out (After a very public increase) or take the heat for those that wanted one, but could not get, and then dealers get them to auction off. Ford will likely go that route and say it is so that everyone gets a chance at them. You know...fair.*

*fair is in the eye of the beholder
Sponsored