Sponsored

What happens when "Price Protection" ends?

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hear me out...

So if/when price protection ends after '23, do the people that had early reservations but still don't have a Bronco have any legal recourse?

In this scenario there would be actual financial damages incurred through no fault of the buyer. Some early reservation holders would have had their purchase price protected and some would not have had that happen. Ford's inability to deliver on their promises could cost some folks a lot of money.

I'm not lawsuit happy. I know I don't HAVE To buy the Bronco. Feel free to accuse me of whining and complaining. I'm not really doing that; I'm just thinking out loud.

Thoughts??
Sponsored

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would assume that as long as you converted your reservation to an order in time you should be fine. I know there are people are holding out for the MOD top too which is supposedly coming in 2023. I copied this over from the Ford website but be sure to notice that the buyer and dealer need to initiate the price protection.

How does the Bronco Price Protection program work?
If you ordered or reserved a Bronco prior to March 19, 2021, you will qualify for the price protection amount of a similarly equipped vehicle, based on the selected series and door configuration you reserved or ordered on or before October 1, 2021. This pricing adjustment will take place at the time of delivery through your dealer. As a reminder, the final selling price is based on the buyer’s agreement with your selected dealer. In order for you to receive this price protection, your dealer will need to search for and apply the certificate at the time you take delivery of your Bronco. You will not receive an email with the discount certificate. Final transaction details, including price, are between you and the dealer.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like the perfect opportunity for a class action lawsuit

/s

Read the fine print of the reservation t&c's. Reserving a bronco in no way guarantee's you a Bronco in any specific time frame or for any amount of money. And you already provided Fords legal team the "smoking gun" when you stated you don't "HAVE to buy a Bronco," it would be very difficult to prove that some sort of damages were incurred after that. Also, these legal recourse scenarios have been brought up ad nauseum.

OP
OP
GiveItaTri

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would assume that as long as you converted your reservation to an order in time you should be fine. I know there are people are holding out for the MOD top too which is supposedly coming in 2023. I copied this over from the Ford website but be sure to notice that the buyer and dealer need to initiate the price protection.

How does the Bronco Price Protection program work?
If you ordered or reserved a Bronco prior to March 19, 2021, you will qualify for the price protection amount of a similarly equipped vehicle, based on the selected series and door configuration you reserved or ordered on or before October 1, 2021. This pricing adjustment will take place at the time of delivery through your dealer. As a reminder, the final selling price is based on the buyer’s agreement with your selected dealer. In order for you to receive this price protection, your dealer will need to search for and apply the certificate at the time you take delivery of your Bronco. You will not receive an email with the discount certificate. Final transaction details, including price, are between you and the dealer.
My concern comes from the fact that @mrlevine as repeatedly stated that, "Price Protection is good through 2023." I'm talking about non-MOD tops. If an early reserved Bronco isn't delivered for whatever reason, (allocation, chips, transportation, etc.) until after 2023, would it still be eligible for the protection even after the program has expired?

OP
OP
GiveItaTri

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like the perfect opportunity for a class action lawsuit

/s

Read the fine print of the reservation t&c's. Reserving a bronco in no way guarantee's you a Bronco in any specific time frame or for any amount of money. And you already provided Fords legal team the "smoking gun" when you stated you don't "HAVE to buy a Bronco," it would be very difficult to prove that some sort of damages were incurred after that. Also, these legal recourse scenarios have been brought up ad nauseum.
I'm not suggesting anyone is running to an attorney. I'm just pointing out that Ford may treat some buyers differently than others, even though they would have started in the same place at the same time.

Sponsored

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My concern comes from the fact that @mrlevine as repeatedly stated that, "Price Protection is good through 2023." I'm talking about non-MOD tops. If an early reserved Bronco isn't delivered for whatever reason, (allocation, chips, transportation, etc.) until after 2023, would it still be eligible for the protection even after the program has expired?
I am sure as long as the reservation was converted to an order in time, then the price protection would be intact. If you don't convert your reservation to an order before the MY23 order banks close, then you will be SOL. Did you convert your reservation to an order yet?

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is NO Price Protection from @Ford Motor Company. They screwed all of the early order/reservation holders in Group 1 with their insane Price Protection commitments. My dealer refused to give it to me.

OP
OP
GiveItaTri

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am sure as long as the reservation was converted to an order in time, then the price protection would be intact. If you don't convert your reservation to an order before the MY23 order banks close, then you will be SOL. Did you convert your reservation to an order yet?
Res.: 10/20, Ordered: 3/21 and 10/21 I just don't trust Ford to honor their promises.

OP
OP
GiveItaTri

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is NO Price Protection from @Ford Motor Company. They screwed all of the early order/reservation holders in Group 1 with their insane Price Protection commitments. My dealer refused to give it to me.
So you never got the check/certificate from Ford after you bought the Bronco?

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Class action lawsuit would have no merit. Ford was under no obligation to protect pricing while operating/product cost increase. :sneaky:

Sponsored

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you never got the check/certificate from Ford after you bought the Bronco?
my dealership applied it to the sale of my Bronco. Unfortunate what happened to Sanford.

Just to clarify it's not a rebate that comes after. It needs to be done at the time of purchase.

"In order for you to receive this price protection, your dealer will need to search for and apply the certificate at the time you take delivery of your Bronco. You will not receive an email with the discount certificate. Final transaction details, including price, are between you and the dealer."

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The conspiracy theorists will suggest that Ford is holding onto thousands of orders so their price protection expires. THEN they'll build our Broncos lol

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you call the Ford Bronco hotline to get your price protection certificate before taking delivery?

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

people really need to read the agreements and terms and conditions. price protection was a nice gesture.

1. Reservation.
You may be able to configure a Ford vehicle (the “Vehicle”) through the Reservation Process (“Reservation”). By completing the Reservation Process, you are not ordering or purchasing a vehicle. The Reservation Process allows you to configure a Vehicle and pay the Reservation Deposit (“Reservation Deposit”) to an authorized Ford or Lincoln dealer (collectively “Dealer”) you select. Participation in the Program does not guarantee you vehicle delivery. You must contact a Dealer to discuss final transaction pricing, arrange any necessary financing, and complete your purchase of the Vehicle. Your Reservation does not guarantee a set price for the Vehicle. The Dealer sets the Vehicle price, which may differ from the MSRP. Unless otherwise indicated, MSRP is the manufacturer suggested retail price and does not include destination/delivery fee plus government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer processing charge, any electronic filing charge, and any emission testing charge. Optional equipment not included.

bottom line is be happy if you get it, and between supply chain and inflation this is the new normal for now. you have no moves beyond going to buy another vehicle for an inflated price and most likely a long wait if new.
Sponsored