Sponsored

What Happens When You Add Ridiculous ADM Charges (Still)

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Local dealership that loves riding the ADM boat with all Broncos and Mavericks. Some of these rigs have been there since early Spring. One unicorn in the bunch. A manual Black Diamond 2 door, but it’s marked up 12k. Guess someone will buy them at some point.
Ford Bronco What Happens When You Add Ridiculous ADM Charges (Still) AD3DFA49-7F1A-4AAB-99BC-E79634713D83

The reason I ordered. Pay msrp and a minuscule doc fee.
Sponsored

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ADM’s suck yes. And these will just sit with the interest rates the way they are.

But what I dont understand the need for the dealer badging.
Who the hell decides to buy from a dealer because the badges on the car in front of them?
Ford Bronco What Happens When You Add Ridiculous ADM Charges (Still) 1685934761936

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the flip side, dealer near me had around 16 in their front line up a month or two back, plus more in the back lots.

They do the Roush Racing "conversion" rig route, small lift, wheels and tires, cool stickers, various fog/ditch lights etc etc, smallest mark up I saw was 15k.

They do this with all their F150's, Super Dutys, Rangers and Broncos.
None of them sit on the lot for very long.

Today I saw an F150 that MSRP'd at 67-ish (iirc) marked up to $92K .... $92K!!! for what is basically a slightly modified F150, not even a Raptor. :oops:
Who the hell is dropping that kind of dough for these??? 🤔

$25k mark up on this one.
Ford Bronco What Happens When You Add Ridiculous ADM Charges (Still) 1685939742516

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And as soon as the MY24 model hits the press they will be stuck selling all of these below MSRP.
I don't think so.

As much as we hate ADM's we need to be realistic about a few things
  1. Ford supply chain has f**ed up like no other automaker that i know of. They seem to be supply chain limited on anything from tow hooks, to wheel locks, to woofers, to large format screens, to hard tops, to hitch receivers... you name it, @Ford Motor Company has f***ed it up
  2. This puts their dealers in a difficult situation. They don't have inventory to sell and in order to keep some form of profitability they need to mark up what they do have to sell. ADMs are not limited to Ford, try to buy an in-stock Mercedes G-wagon and see how that turns out.
  3. Many dealers will post ridiculous ADMs on their in-stock rigs but in reality that $15k ADM is likely negotiable down to the low to mid single digits
  4. Many of the in-stock rigs were early MY23 orders where the price of the MIC was $1000 or more less, the HD bumper was $500 less, and other options were $100-$500 less. If you can negotiate the price on such a vehicle to $2k-$3k over the original MSRP then you are paying $1k or so over current MSRP.
  5. Sure, you can find in-stock Broncos at MSRP in Michigan, but that will cost you either $1500 to ship the vehicle, or if you are located in SoCal like me you are faced with the alternative of driving many thousands of miles to get the vehicle home
  6. Those MSRP priced Broncos are not all roses. When I was looking I was seeing them either inadequately equipped for my needs (I absolutely wanted a MIC and rear lockers), or sas'd (which I did not want under any circumstance) or upper trims which are a bad value (for me). I was also frequently seeing dealer installed junk options such as paint treatments at $1k
  7. When the MY24 books open up it is highly likely that we will see MSRP go up again by high single digit percentage, and be accompanied by 6-12 month wait times.
Bottom line is, if you can find a vehicle equipped suitably for your needs, with early MY23 MSRP, and can negotiate the ADM to under $3k you are likely going to come out ahead of placing a custom order at MSRP for MY24. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face :D

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was in Carlisle, Pa. Friday for theIr annual All Ford show, 2 door Badlands, non SAS, automatic.

$70K, "SHOW SPECIAL"

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There is an idiot out there to pay a mark up. Good for the dealer on making them pay up. When they run out of idiots then they will have to adjust their prices to normal... or just let them sit on the lot.

atimberwolf

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think so.

1. Many dealers will post ridiculous ADMs on their in-stock rigs but in reality that $15k ADM is likely negotiable down to the low to mid single digits
  2. Sure, you can find in-stock Broncos at MSRP in Michigan, but that will cost you either $1500 to ship the vehicle, or if you are located in SoCal like me you are faced with the alternative of driving many thousands of miles to get the vehicle hom
  3. When the MY24 books open up it is highly likely that we will see MSRP go up again by high single digit percentage, and be accompanied by 6-12 month wait times.
Bottom line is, if you can find a vehicle equipped suitably for your needs, with early MY23 MSRP, and can negotiate the ADM to under $3k you are likely going to come out ahead of placing a custom order at MSRP for MY24. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face :D
Cut your post a little to focus on your perspective of paying ADM if you can get it down to a manageable $3K.

I went through similar ADMs when the Gen 1 Raptor came out and really wanted one. Back in 2010 a 5-10K ADM was standard on the east coast. The local dealer would call me every month and remind me they had one on the lot. I consistently told them when they dropped to MSRP I'd buy it.

Meanwhile I kept searching an area I was willing to fly and drive one home from that didn't have ADM. I eventually found one it Texas and flew down to get it. The next month they called I told them I had one now, which felt great.

If they are selling for MSRP somewhere you're better off taking that ADM and turning the new Bronco purchase into a vacation. For that first Raptor, I took it off road in TX, enjoyed part of the Natchez Trace Trail, stayed at a horse farm and enjoyed a day riding a horse in TN then toured the Jack Daniels distillery, drove part of the Blue Ridge Parkway and just got to know the new ride. I spent 4 days bringing it home and enjoyed spending that money on time off work, rather than handing the money to a dealership.f

Just my perspective on ADMs and dealerships that charge them.

Sponsored

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It doesn’t surprise me Bob Allen is behind this. A surprising number of Broncos have been sitting on their lot since Ford started shipping them out

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think so.

1. Ford supply chain has f**ed up like no other automaker that i know of. They seem to be supply chain limited on anything from tow hooks, to wheel locks, to woofers, to large format screens, to hard tops, to hitch receivers... you name it, @Ford Motor Company has f***ed it up
  2. This puts their dealers in a difficult situation. They don't have inventory to sell and in order to keep some form of profitability they need to mark up what they do have to sell. ADMs are not limited to Ford, try to buy an in-stock Mercedes G-wagon and see how that turns out.
  3. Many dealers will post ridiculous ADMs on their in-stock rigs but in reality that $15k ADM is likely negotiable down to the low to mid single digits
  4. Many of the in-stock rigs were early MY23 orders where the price of the MIC was $1000 or more less, the HD bumper was $500 less, and other options were $100-$500 less. If you can negotiate the price on such a vehicle to $2k-$3k over the original MSRP then you are paying $1k or so over current MSRP.
  5. Sure, you can find in-stock Broncos at MSRP in Michigan, but that will cost you either $1500 to ship the vehicle, or if you are located in SoCal like me you are faced with the alternative of driving many thousands of miles to get the vehicle home
  6. Those MSRP priced Broncos are not all roses. When I was looking I was seeing them either inadequately equipped for my needs (I absolutely wanted a MIC and rear lockers), or sas'd (which I did not want under any circumstance) or upper trims which are a bad value (for me). I was also frequently seeing dealer installed junk options such as paint treatments at $1k
  7. When the MY24 books open up it is highly likely that we will see MSRP go up again by high single digit percentage, and be accompanied by 6-12 month wait times.
An informative, well thought out and reasonably presented argument. Are you sure you didn't mean to post this somewhere else? B6G is no place for such things. LOL.

OP
OP
TCB-1

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It doesn’t surprise me Bob Allen is behind this. A surprising number of Broncos have been sitting on their lot since Ford started shipping them out
Yup. I go buy every once in a while to look at the fading window stickers 🤣 Them and Shawnee Mission Ford down the street. 28k Maverick. You want to know their markup. 52k!!! I shit you not. It was a base rig, steel rims, Area 51, 2.5, front wheel drive.

The main reasons I did not buy in the KC metro. I found a small dealer in central Missouri that appreciated my business. Msrp + small doc fee

Indarkness

Wildtrak
First Name
First second
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On the flip side, dealer near me had around 16 in their front line up a month or two back, plus more in the back lots.

They do the Roush Racing "conversion" rig route, small lift, wheels and tires, cool stickers, various fog/ditch lights etc etc, smallest mark up I saw was 15k.

They do this with all their F150's, Super Dutys, Rangers and Broncos.
None of them sit on the lot for very long.

Today I saw an F150 that MSRP'd at 67-ish (iirc) marked up to $92K .... $92K!!! for what is basically a slightly modified F150, not even a Raptor. :oops:
Who the hell is dropping that kind of dough for these??? 🤔

$25k mark up on this one.
Ford Bronco What Happens When You Add Ridiculous ADM Charges (Still) 1685939742516
You mean like this type of craziness.
Ford Bronco What Happens When You Add Ridiculous ADM Charges (Still) D44B4814-D9AC-4759-B8EE-97F11E2AD834

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Was in Carlisle, Pa. Friday for theIr annual All Ford show, 2 door Badlands, non SAS, automatic.

$70K, "SHOW SPECIAL"
I wish I heard of this show I would have shown up in my base 2dr SaS manual. Which seems to somehow have only gotten rarer over the last year.
Sponsored