Sponsored

What have you heard? Will all current orders be built before the start of production of the 2023 model year?

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am curious to know what you have heard from FMC customer service, your dealer, or via any connections you might have. Will all current orders be built before the start of production of the 2023 model year?
Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's all rumor and guesses as nobody knows what the supply chain will look like in 2 weeks, let alone in 4 or 6 months. My dealer is expecting some of their August 2020 and later reservations to be pushed into 2023 production. Just his guess.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Closing down the order banks was a step in the right direction but I doubt that all existing orders will be satisfied this year. I'm basing this on where I stand in line at my dealer and their current allocation rate. Supply chain issues look like they won't be worked out anytime soon either.

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't have any insider knowledge, but zero chance they get all current orders built before the 2023 switchover.

I'm sure MANY of us with existing orders from early reservations (July 2020, here) will end up getting pushed to next year.

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am curious to know what you have heard from FMC customer service, your dealer, or via any connections you might have. Will all current orders be built before the start of production of the 2023 model year?
Depends how big Mud Mountain is. Can they fit 100k Broncos there? Although I guess those are considered "In Production", not "Built".

Zero chance all current orders are built before 2023 production starts. Based on what's happened this year, I'll expect that in 2023, some folks will get their '23 models before some get their chip hold '22.

Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
[QUOTE="Shamus McGee, post: 1386089, member: Ford Motor Company is FoMoCo. FMC is "Food & Chemical Corporation" and is actually older then Ford Motor.

;)
[/QUOTE]
actually older THAN Ford Motor 🤔

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The pedantry will continue until moral improves!

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

By numbers I have seen there was an estimated 87,000 units to build going into April. Be interesting to see April’s production. It will depend if they increase allocations just to get all MY22’s built. They could delay the MY23 all the way to December again. My guess is it’s a pain to move orders from Model year to model year. Also appears they are allocating as many chips as they can to the Bronco. The mustang plant was idled again recently. That’s at least twice this year.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If there were no constraints I don't think they have the capacity or manpower to fulfill all the orders currently in the system before 2023 production begins. Hopefully I am wrong.

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you read the price protection FAQs, they state that if orders placed after the March 2021 but before the March 2022 cutoff date are not fulfilled in MY22 then the MY23 pricing will go into effect... I would say that means they will not all be fulfilled.

Dmesser92

Big Bend
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Pickup 4x4 DLX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My dealer thinks my order will be pushed into MY23. I ordered a 2 Door Base with the 2.7L V6 from a small town dealership in January 2022. I have no doubt it will be built next year or even possibly MY24.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By numbers I have seen there was an estimated 87,000 units to build going into April. Be interesting to see April’s production. It will depend if they increase allocations just to get all MY22’s built. They could delay the MY23 all the way to December again. My guess is it’s a pain to move orders from Model year to model year. Also appears they are allocating as many chips as they can to the Bronco. The mustang plant was idled again recently. That’s at least twice this year.
Mustang demand dropped massively as the S650 rumors and sightings increase.
Sponsored