Sponsored

What have you heard? Will all current orders be built before the start of production of the 2023 model year?

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I dont doubt the Ice Mountain Broncos need chips. Do

I have no doubt the trucks on Ice Mountain need chips. I just have lost faith that Ford has good control and plan to work through it all. The lack of communication paints the company as incompetent, unsympathetic or scared to deal with us, none of which is reassuring.
I dug about and you can see in the last Earnings call for ford this is an issue for them. The CFO seems to be painting it as O.K., but anytime a question like this comes up in an earnings call that will get some attention. I like you am miffed that it has gone so long, but again I have no visibility into the supply chain problem they have. For those trucks being built now, they made an engineering change that obviously isn't easy to do for vehicles already built.

https://s23.q4cdn.com/799033206/fil...2-Earnings-Call,-27-April-2022-5_00-PM-ET.pdf
John Murphy Analyst, BofA Securities, Inc. Q Got it. And I'm sorry, a follow-up on the 53,000 units that are inventory on wheels. Is that what we're seeing in this 21% increase in inventory on the balance sheet from the fourth quarter to the first quarter? Presumably the cost has not been accounted for at all here, and we'll see those vehicles flush out into the system in the second or third quarter when the chips become available.
John T. Lawler Chief Financial Officer, Ford Motor Co. A So, John, that's exactly right. That's what's hitting us from a cash standpoint, and the inventory increase is for the most part the vehicles on wheels, the 53,000 units. We have the cost of those in our results, but we have no revenue for them. And as they build out and we complete them in this quarter and into the third quarter, we'll start to get the results for that on the bottom line. And they're primarily our more profitable vehicles, and it's primarily FSeries and Explorer. So there's definitely an opportunity there that will start to roll through the bottom line once we start shipping those out. One of the reasons why we built those, John, because the modifications we need to make, we're very confident we can do that without compromising quality, but our production is fully subscribed. So we would have lost these units if we hadn't built them and set them aside until the chips are available.
Sponsored

Spidurfiji

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I dug about and you can see in the last Earnings call for ford this is an issue for them. The CFO seems to be painting it as O.K., but anytime a question like this comes up in an earnings call that will get some attention. I like you am miffed that it has gone so long, but again I have no visibility into the supply chain problem they have. For those trucks being built now, they made an engineering change that obviously isn't easy to do for vehicles already built.

https://s23.q4cdn.com/799033206/fil...2-Earnings-Call,-27-April-2022-5_00-PM-ET.pdf
This is an interesting lift from the call. Thank you for sharing. What’s scary is the CFO talks about clearing out inventory in Q2 and Q3 but it appears Ford has added hell of a lot more in Q2.

Vladytom

Badlands
First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Maverick XLT, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's the price protection number, I want it, as Ford told me that my price was protected.... whatever that means...
You have to call Ford marketing and ask for it. Just in case your dealer will play games... I got that number over the phone. Did not use it (I wish I had a build date)...

Reactions: Los

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You have to call Ford marketing and ask for it. Just in case your dealer will play games... I got that number over the phone. Did not use it (I wish I had a build date)...
Man! I wish I had my VIN and build date as well.... I'm telling you this is getting old....😬

SumDumGuy

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape 2L, 2" lift, 235/60R17
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They’ll build enough Broncos at current production rates to fill all orders…but they’re filling to dealer allocation, not filling in reservation order, so there will be tons of stock orders going out while customers who reserved still sit and wait.
not to mention that is the total production available at the plant. they still have rangers to build there too

Candy_J

Badlands
First Name
Candy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've worked with a number of manufacturers in the past and while I agree, that profit is a major motivating factor, I can tell you that within Ford there are just as many people fighting for the customer as those for the shareholder. This is because Ford is trying to be more customer-focused, they just aren't good at it. And it is their lack of communication that makes it clear.

I believe that the vehicles waiting for chips are actually still waiting for chips. And the chips they are waiting for are chips that Ford already engineered out of the current Bronco's being built. So that is why they are building and delivering because those trucks don't need chips that are in short supply. Those vehicles on the mountain need the chips.

Now it's possible they haven't put enough people to work on those vehicles on the mountain. That I don't know, but I can't imagine why they would delay those being delivered. The longer they hold them the more risk that something bad could happen and those undelivered and not quite produced vehicles can't be good for their financial bottom line.
Optimistic view of the situation but they are 100% letting the January builds sit while building and delivering the exact same models. We’ve been watching for 4 months now, definitely happening.
That said, I have seen a little movement in the last week and I Myself have actually been completed finally. Awaiting shipment.
Sponsored