Sponsored

What have you heard? Will all current orders be built before the start of production of the 2023 model year?

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am curious to know what you have heard from FMC customer service, your dealer, or via any connections you might have. Will all current orders be built before the start of production of the 2023 model year?
Seems highly unlikely but that’s just based on the past.
Sponsored

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’ve already stated here before that wifes order which was converted to 22 will end up being converted to 23, no doubt in my mind...I’ll bet even some raptor orders will be made to convert to 23.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, Ford Guy pet peeve... "FMC" is not Ford Motor Company. Ford Motor Company is FoMoCo. FMC is "Food Machinery & Chemical Corporation" and is actually older than Ford Motor.

It's sorta the same as calling a BMW car a "Beemer"

;)
Ford Employee pet peeve but FMC is widely used to represent Ford Motor Company actually.

Deleted member 12876

I have not sure if I’m interested in purchasing a vehicle that’s going to fall apart in 2 to 3 days. However it’s so popular it may be after I get my plastic bronco delivered I’ll flip it

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There was much rumination about theoretical capacity at MAP. Wikipedia states 5300 per week. I've seen 1200/day. More than enough to clear through the backlog this year... with no restraints.
It would be very close. I have seen estimates that the backlog is around 150k units. At 5300/week it would take 29 weeks to clear the system. That is the end of November. Job 1 for 2023 will likely be October possibly early November.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sponsored

Vladytom

Badlands
First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Maverick XLT, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I called Ford marketing on Friday.
I placed my order on day 3. Yes - idiot me, was debating if I need a Bronco or not...
I have ordered in February 2021.
I was in my late 40's then. Now I am in my 50's. In the meanwhile I got a small SUV, a Maverick truck and ordered another truck (to come soon).

On Friday, Ford Marketing gave me the same story we all know too well: constraints (I have listed a bunch of them to the point that all my virtual Bronco is a constraint).

Now I'd be really excited to get any relevant info about my order.
Would I like the Bronco to show up on my dealer right now, Knowing it came straight from the dirt mountain, snow mountain, mud hole and all shady places? Maybe not...
I will definitely look for any sign of rust on it!

In the meanwhile I see 4-door Broncos w soft tops every day on the streets (S Florida).
I would still not change my order.
However...
IMPORTANT: from Ford Marketing I got the Price Protection number (for the '21 to '22 model)!
They recommend to give it to the dealer before engaging in needless talks!

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I called Ford marketing on Friday.
I placed my order on day 3. Yes - idiot me, was debating if I need a Bronco or not...
I have ordered in February 2021.
I was in my late 40's then. Now I am in my 50's. In the meanwhile I got a small SUV, a Maverick truck and ordered another truck (to come soon).

On Friday, Ford Marketing gave me the same story we all know too well: constraints (I have listed a bunch of them to the point that all my virtual Bronco is a constraint).

Now I'd be really excited to get any relevant info about my order.
Would I like the Bronco to show up on my dealer right now, Knowing it came straight from the dirt mountain, snow mountain, mud hole and all shady places? Maybe not...
I will definitely look for any sign of rust on it!

In the meanwhile I see 4-door Broncos w soft tops every day on the streets (S Florida).
I would still not change my order.
However...
IMPORTANT: from Ford Marketing I got the Price Protection number (for the '21 to '22 model)!
They recommend to give it to the dealer before engaging in needless talks!
“I will definitely look for any sign of rust on it!”
Yes, because vehicles shouldn’t ever be outside. I recently got rid of my 2002 Sport-Trac that spent its entire life outside. No rust, no paint fading, nothing. I don’t understand why people worry about one sitting for a couple months on a lot?????

Notmattwong

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, because vehicles shouldn’t ever be outside. I recently got rid of my 2002 Sport-Trac that spent its entire life outside. No rust, no paint fading, nothing. I don’t understand why people worry about one sitting for a couple months on a lot?????
One word, entitlement.

“I’ve been waiting 69,000 days since my aunt’s neighbor’s mechanic’s best friend told me the bronco was coming back! Give me a spotless bronco NOW!!!”

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, in these northern states, we pour salt all over the roads to melt the ice. So, yeah, pretty much everything around here does rust at some point. Maybe not after a couple months.

Vladytom

Badlands
First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Maverick XLT, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@OCNORB1974
1) This is not about sitting for "only a couple of months" on the dirt/snow mountain. But longer than that. Please check on the first reports on that
2) If you consider the metal used on 2002 vehicles and the one used today are same quality... then I wish you keep dreaming.
Just read on a different forum about spots of rust on a 2020 model SUV after only one winter.
Same for rubber seals when exposed to direct sun and heat.
There are reasons why people prefer keeping their vehicles in the garage and turning on the engine once on a while if they don't use it for extended time
Sponsored