Sponsored

What if 2-door Bronco is longer than it looks?

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This thread is really getting off the rails. To try and pull it back, here is an example of a 2-door and 4-door on the same wheelbase with different door lengths. Notice how the longer door visually shortens the 2-door. I feel that is what we’re seeing on the Bronco, but with a shortened wheelbase added to the mix.

Ford Bronco What if 2-door Bronco is longer than it looks? 1584275488533

Ford Bronco What if 2-door Bronco is longer than it looks? 1584275505982
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... A two door with the same lengt as a four door With the same amount of door opening as the four door too, would need silly long doors which is what these people are saying that they want. Its not even possible because the structural integrity is just not there.
No. Not even close to what anyone is asking for.

The longer door of a vehicle that gives access to the rear seat from the front door is usually only +10-30% longer than a comparable 4d, not +100%. The Broncos we've seen would suggest the low end of that to be the case here. There is an upswept beltline on the doors of the 2d that is not present on the 4d, so they would appear to be different parts.

Just because the cabin is longer doesn't mean the door needs to be just as long. No one is saying that but you.

Ford Bronco What if 2-door Bronco is longer than it looks? ext2door 57190

Ford Bronco What if 2-door Bronco is longer than it looks? ext2door 2001_jeep_cherokee_1545341995e7dff9f98764da0030

Goes

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This thread is really getting off the rails. To try and pull it back, here is an example of a 2-door and 4-door on the same wheelbase with different door lengths. Notice how the longer door visually shortens the 2-door. I feel that is what we’re seeing on the Bronco, but with a shortened wheelbase added to the mix.

Ford Bronco What if 2-door Bronco is longer than it looks? ext2door 2001_jeep_cherokee_1545341995e7dff9f98764da0030

Thanks. This is a good explanation/ clarification of what I think some of us are talking about.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Structural integrity would be worse With one extremely long door each side which is what you want.
Im really glad Ford is not going in such a niche direction With the two door Bronco, as it would be a massive failure. They would probably not sell a single one.
Structural integrity is not affected by body structure on a body on frame vehicle, just unibody.

LRDiscovery2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Discovery 2, Lexus GS450h
Structural integrity is not affected by body structure on a body on frame vehicle, just unibody.
Yes, it was not me that brought up structural integrity in the first place. But its a fact that the structural integrity of the body itself is better on a four door.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, it was not me that brought up structural integrity in the first place. But its a fact that the structural integrity of the body itself is better on a four door.
True, I had a F250 SuperCab I got bound up in the rocks once, rear door never closed right after that.

Last edited: