Advertisement

What if 2-door Bronco is longer than it looks?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / 00 TJ
And after going back and looking at the camo photos, not sure how they can both be same wheel base (R vs 2 dr)
I think the R has an extra 9 or so inches in front of the rear wheel arch. Kind of an extended cab version of the 2 dr.

[Edit:] OK, so after looking at the pictures that shall not be, and pacing my son's TJ (Sunny Joe style), here is some food for thought:

The TJ is about 4 ft behind the door, 3 ft door, and 5 to 5-1/2 in front of the door. (An LJ is 10 in longer.)

To fit 35's, the wheel well on the Bronco must be at least 39-40". There is probably 6" on either side. That means the back is at least 51".

The rear of the 4dr suggests more like 10" behind the wheel well, and the side of the bomber suggest a little more in front of it.

I think were looking at upwards of 5 feet behind the door. Regardless, 51" is longer than the door.

Advertisement

Last edited:

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Vehicle Showcase
I remember reading a quote somewhere from a Ford executive that the Bronco R was based on the 2-door version of the ‘21 Bronco. Sooo...

F18CD3AB-1B4B-43A4-977E-2639E59338F6.png

1131D04A-372F-4756-9F1F-AFD7705C7D47.jpeg
They also said it's based on the T6 so when it's a f-150 frame... They need to get there facts straight with the R

78CreamBrownie

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey Jeep JL
I am(might be) a 2 Door buyer and I am not 100% on board with the white Styling Buck image leak. Something just seems off. I am encouraged now that I see a different photo from 2nd leak. I really wish we could have gotten a clearer version of that one.

I can probably get on board with the 2door even if it looks like the styling buck, but i need to see it in other colors.

On the other hand if they only offer the lower end powertrain in the 2 door then, I might just not buy one at all. I want a 2.7 Ecoboost with that manual.

RMG72

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
I am(might be) a 2 Door buyer and I am not 100% on board with the white Styling Buck image leak. Something just seems off. I am encouraged now that I see a different photo from 2nd leak. I really wish we could have gotten a clearer version of that one.

I can probably get on board with the 2door even if it looks like the styling buck, but i need to see it in other colors.

On the other hand if they only offer the lower end powertrain in the 2 door then, I might just not buy one at all. I want a 2.7 Ecoboost with that manual.
Have we given up hope on the 3.5? Serious question, because that’s what I want, even if it’s not the Raptor HO version.

texheim

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape, 2016 Mustang Ecoboost premium, 2017 Escape, 1970 IH Scout
This thread got fun.
I really hope it is longer than it looks.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
What do you say now Dumbo?

2021 Ford Bronco Topless 2 Door.jpg
Looks like the black two door that we’ve already seen. Ass end is too short for my liking.

Bed is only very slightly longer than the door and I’m not a fan.

Not sure what point you’re trying to make. Looks are subjective and can’t really be argued. Dumbo?

Last edited:

Uncle Gump

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger

texheim

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape, 2016 Mustang Ecoboost premium, 2017 Escape, 1970 IH Scout

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
I've said all along... give me a 2 door on a 4 door wheel base.
Yeah, a 2-door in the 100-112" range is what I really want. If that's where the 4d falls, I guess that's what I'll get. I want the stability for climbing and descending, and driving on ice, highway etc.

Goes

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious, but why do you not want the two extra doors of the fourdoor Version?
One reason I would like just 2 drs. is because I love taking the doors off my Jeep. But with the constantly changing weather around here and the fact that I use mine as a DD, the doors and top need to go on and off frequently, so only having to deal with 2 doors works for me.

Advertisement

Advertisement