Advertisement

What if 2-door Bronco is longer than it looks?

LRDiscovery2

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Discovery 2, Lexus GS450h
One reason I would like just 2 drs. is because I love taking the doors off my Jeep. But with the constantly changing weather around here and the fact that I use mine as a DD, the doors and top need to go on and off frequently, so only having to deal with 2 doors works for me.
But you could just take off the front doors and leave the rear doors on and it would be the exact same effect as if you had a vehicle the same lenght but without the rear doors? Its not like Ford would or could make a two door with doors the same length as two doors each side combined. It's like you are making up reasons to get out of actually bying the new Bronco.

Advertisement

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Just curious, but why do you not want the two extra doors of the fourdoor Version?
I don't need them. I'd rather just have two slightly oversized doors for the few occasions I'd have more than one human passenger.

That's like asking why I don't need 14 cup holders. 99% of the time 2 or less will be in use. If I wanted a vehicle to move a bussload of people I'd get a van. An E-series can go anywhere most people would take a Bronco, and it'll haul half a dozen people and their camping gear no problem.

Goes

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 dr.
Vehicle Showcase
But you could just take off the front doors and leave the rear doors on and it would be the exact same effect as if you had a vehicle the same lenght but without the rear doors? Its not like Ford would or could make a two door with doors the same length as two doors each side combined. It's like you are making up reasons to get out of actually bying the new Bronco.
No, don’t misunderstand. From what I’ve seen of the new Bronco so far I love it. Jeeps with just the 2 front doors off look stupid in my opinion.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
But you could just take off the front doors and leave the rear doors on and it would be the exact same effect as if you had a vehicle the same lenght but without the rear doors?...
No it isn't, because there's a seat(s) back there too. Just like the rear doors, I don't need that most of the time either.

Not to mention structural integrity and visibility differences based on the shape of the side panels and location of the B-pillar relative to the drivers head, and the location and shape of the ROPS.

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
I have been lurking and becoming educated and there are many on here with a great deal of knowledge on this forum.

When the camo test mules were running about, there were pages of thoughts on the wheelbase and overall length of the vehicle.

Have those specifications been defined somewhere? I saw a thread with the ladder by the vehicle picture....but still nothing that I saw which was definitive.....did I miss it?
Thanks

LRDiscovery2

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Discovery 2, Lexus GS450h
Not to mention structural integrity
Structural integrity would be worse With one extremely long door each side which is what you want.
Im really glad Ford is not going in such a niche direction With the two door Bronco, as it would be a massive failure. They would probably not sell a single one.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
...Have those specifications been defined somewhere? I saw a thread with the ladder by the vehicle picture....but still nothing that I saw which was definitive.....did I miss it?
Thanks
No official info from Ford, but we've arrived at the same numbers (~96 and 112") so many times I don't think anyone really disputes them as probable.

BD1

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
No official info from Ford, but we've arrived at the same numbers (~96 and 112") so many times I don't think anyone really disputes them as probable.
Hello. New here. Very interested in the 2 door dimensions (overall length, width, height). Are there are guesstimates anywhere on this site? It looks like the wheelbase is the about the same as the 2dr wrangler. How about the overall dimensions? I'm reading old threads, etc. here to try to catch up.

Uncle Gump

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger
Here is what I would like to see... this is coming from a guy who has had one or two Rangers in the driveway since 1988. So I'm pretty comfortable in small 2 seat truck...

Give me the 2 door in a 4 door wheel base... with a hard top. Then I will take a "decked" system with pull out drawers and some tie down loops on the deck platform to secure a cooler and other gear. Then hopefully I can slide a blow up mattress in the back and curl up so I can sleep there when I'm road tripping for my outdoor pursuits.

Then since you have a long wheel base 2 door... lets have an optional half cab. While you're doing that... how about a tailgate. Why stop there... take the roof rack system and integrate that to the body. I would be surprised things such as this haven't been looked at... or be part of the longer term plan.

99% of the time I only need 2 doors and 2 seats. I don't want to buy the extra doors... seats.... trimmings... safety... etc. I do however need some more space then "shorty" provides. I want a road tripping beast of a Bronco... with only two doors.

RMG72

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
I think the clay model image really messed people up, it looks CJ5 short. I doubt it’ll be that short based on the pictures we’ve already seen (the black base model). This blue render from instagram is my favorite as far as dimensions. I like the wheelbase and body lines.

BF20D747-A6ED-4CB9-90D2-A39DC5548DA9.jpeg

9A909DF4-CC04-4A7B-A4D5-840B39A9BE68.jpeg

CE6472C9-10C9-4A6F-8A34-E3D9F5CCAE39.jpeg

Jalisurr

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Vehicle Showcase
Based on what we've seen so far, this is probably the closest render to what the actual 2 door dimensions will be:
1584213855761.png

1584213933338.png

Which works perfect for me, I wanted something with <100" wheelbase.

OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Structural integrity would be worse With one extremely long door each side which is what you want.
That looks to be what ford has done. The two-door having longer doors.

l’m really glad Ford is not going in such a niche direction With the two door Bronco, as it would be a massive failure. They would probably not sell a single one.
They’d sell at least one. 😉

Uncle Gump

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger
Not on the four doors wheelbase which is the Whole point of this debate. Pay attention!
Oh I've been paying attention... and "your whole point" is that we are "Dumbos"... "wrong" and we should "pay attention!" to you.

I see there are 5 people posting in this thread that say they would like a longer wheel base 2 door.

I also think you're short sighting this Bronco thing... it isn't a 2 or 4 door... It's a Brand. Ford is launching two completely separate vehicles under this Brand in the first year... and I fully expect to see several variations in the upcoming years as it evolves.

Advertisement

Advertisement