Advertisement

What if 2-door Bronco is longer than it looks?

LRDiscovery2

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Discovery 2, Lexus GS450h
They’d sell at least one. 😉
I dont think Ford can
Oh I've been paying attention... and "your whole point" is that we are "Dumbos"... "wrong" and we should "pay attention!" to you.
Yes, because you totally misunderstood the point of what I was saying. A two door with the same lengt as a four door With the same amount of door opening as the four door too, would need silly long doors which is what these people are saying that they want. Its not even possible because the structural integrity is just not there.

Advertisement

LRDiscovery2

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
and I fully expect to see several variations in the upcoming years as it evolves.
Sure, that could be. But it will be based on what will actually sell in substantial numbers. Not som niche market thing.

Uncle Gump

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger
I dont think Ford can

Yes, because you totally misunderstood the point of what I was saying. A two door with the same lengt as a four door With the same amount of door opening as the four door too, would need silly long doors which is what these people are saying that they want. Its not even possible because the structural integrity is just not there.
You are the type that only hears themselves in some sort of weird way...

Nobody said anything like that but yourself... just you. You need to pay attention!

OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Vehicle Showcase
This thread is really getting off the rails. To try and pull it back, here is an example of a 2-door and 4-door on the same wheelbase with different door lengths. Notice how the longer door visually shortens the 2-door. I feel that is what we’re seeing on the Bronco, but with a shortened wheelbase added to the mix.

1584275488533.jpeg

1584275505982.jpeg

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
... A two door with the same lengt as a four door With the same amount of door opening as the four door too, would need silly long doors which is what these people are saying that they want. Its not even possible because the structural integrity is just not there.
No. Not even close to what anyone is asking for.

The longer door of a vehicle that gives access to the rear seat from the front door is usually only +10-30% longer than a comparable 4d, not +100%. The Broncos we've seen would suggest the low end of that to be the case here. There is an upswept beltline on the doors of the 2d that is not present on the 4d, so they would appear to be different parts.

Just because the cabin is longer doesn't mean the door needs to be just as long. No one is saying that but you.

ext2door 57190.jpg

ext2door 2001_jeep_cherokee_1545341995e7dff9f98764da0030.jpg

Goes

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 dr.
Vehicle Showcase
This thread is really getting off the rails. To try and pull it back, here is an example of a 2-door and 4-door on the same wheelbase with different door lengths. Notice how the longer door visually shortens the 2-door. I feel that is what we’re seeing on the Bronco, but with a shortened wheelbase added to the mix.

1584275488533.jpeg

1584275505982.jpeg
Thanks. This is a good explanation/ clarification of what I think some of us are talking about.

dgorsett

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon, F250, Mustang, Explorer
Structural integrity would be worse With one extremely long door each side which is what you want.
Im really glad Ford is not going in such a niche direction With the two door Bronco, as it would be a massive failure. They would probably not sell a single one.
Structural integrity is not affected by body structure on a body on frame vehicle, just unibody.

LRDiscovery2

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Structural integrity is not affected by body structure on a body on frame vehicle, just unibody.
Yes, it was not me that brought up structural integrity in the first place. But its a fact that the structural integrity of the body itself is better on a four door.

dgorsett

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon, F250, Mustang, Explorer
Yes, it was not me that brought up structural integrity in the first place. But its a fact that the structural integrity of the body itself is better on a four door.
True, I had a F250 SuperCab I got bound up in the rocks once, rear door never closed right after that.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Advertisement