Sponsored

What if 2-door Bronco is longer than it looks?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
its surprising to me that Ford seems oblivious to discussions where one guy says, "this sucks", and the next guy says, "this sucks even more", and the next guy says, "this is the suckiest of ALL time"

if the image isn't representative, they should have been quicker to correct (mis)perceptions
Sponsored

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep in mind as well that someone said this is t even full size, itā€™s like 2/3 scale. So that alone messes with everything too.
The BroncoKong pics were not clay or 2/3 scale. They also show the door and bed to be nearly the same length.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes you are, because the basic proportions are not affected in any significant way by the padding.
Really? Look again. The camo padding completely covers the taillights that protrude from the body and covers the bumper. The padding gives the illusion that the rear of the body extends to the rear of the bumper, which it does not.

DMG 123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Looking at the images, it is clear that the 2-door and 4-door have different doors. However, it looks like the 2-door might have a longer door. If thatā€™s the case, then combined with the larger wheels, it might not be as stubby as it looks? 100in wheelbase?

Ford Bronco What if 2-door Bronco is longer than it looks? Iyf8wqG

Sponsored

DMG 123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Looking at the images, it is clear that the 2-door and 4-door have different doors. However, it looks like the 2-door might have a longer door. If thatā€™s the case, then combined with the larger wheels, it might not be as stubby as it looks? 100in wheelbase?

The real question is, what will be the Doug score ?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Really? Look again. The camo padding completely covers the taillights that protrude from the body and covers the bumper. The padding gives the illusion that the rear of the body extends to the rear of the bumper, which it does not.
Yeah, that is why when I did the original camo front/back length comparison in the other thread, I purposely did not extend the red line out to the rear of the camo covering. See below, where I added just now two vertical orange lines to my original comparison image. You can see the red line on rear section, does not go all the way to the edge of the hidden rear tail light.

Same as before - the two red lines are equal distance. And you can see the front/back sections are around the same length. Based on this side view with less distorting lens, the back section is not as small as it appears in that other odd angled photo of the clay model.

Ford Bronco What if 2-door Bronco is longer than it looks? NewBronco2DoorFrontvsRear_v02

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've said it a few times before, but I think the main problem per se isn't that the 2-Door Bronco is short, it's just that the hood is far too long, coupled with the lack of rear overhang gives it a bit of a disproportionate, clownshoe look, at least from what we've seen. Hopefully the tiny rear end is just a result of the weird camera angle from this spy shot and it fills out a bit more once we get better pictures, but still, I think they lost an opportunity to get a leg up on the Wrangler by making the cabin space so small.

Bronco Photoshop 2.png

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Originally was set on 2 door but now I think I will cave in to peer pressure (Wife and kid) and go with the one they like better.

Sponsored

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
He will give it a fun factor score of 3/10 because it doesn't corner like a sports car...
He didn't even take the top off his last Bronco review, I was disappointed, that's half the fun.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The BroncoKong pics were not clay or 2/3 scale. They also show the door and bed to be nearly the same length.
Was going to say there is a lot of perspective angle in the original picture so what is 17ā€ on the front wheel is more on the back ....

That BK photo was taken at an angle and the back is further away from the door. Therefore since they are both the ā€œsame lengthā€ in the photo, the back is longer than the door.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

And after going back and looking at the camo photos, not sure how they can both be same wheel base (R vs 2 dr)
I think the R has an extra 9 or so inches in front of the rear wheel arch. Kind of an extended cab version of the 2 dr.

[Edit:] OK, so after looking at the pictures that shall not be, and pacing my son's TJ (Sunny Joe style), here is some food for thought:

The TJ is about 4 ft behind the door, 3 ft door, and 5 to 5-1/2 in front of the door. (An LJ is 10 in longer.)

To fit 35's, the wheel well on the Bronco must be at least 39-40". There is probably 6" on either side. That means the back is at least 51".

The rear of the 4dr suggests more like 10" behind the wheel well, and the side of the bomber suggest a little more in front of it.

I think were looking at upwards of 5 feet behind the door. Regardless, 51" is longer than the door.

Last edited:

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I remember reading a quote somewhere from a Ford executive that the Bronco R was based on the 2-door version of the ā€˜21 Bronco. Sooo...

Ford Bronco What if 2-door Bronco is longer than it looks? Bronco Photoshop 2

Ford Bronco What if 2-door Bronco is longer than it looks? Bronco Photoshop 2
They also said it's based on the T6 so when it's a f-150 frame... They need to get there facts straight with the R
Sponsored